Profile for Pablo A. Castillon > Reviews

Content by Pablo A. Castillon

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Pablo A. Castillon (New York, NY)

MacroWikinomics
MacroWikinomics
by Don Tapscott
Price: CDN$ 21.42
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A guide to networked intelligence and its implications - the rest is up to you, Jan. 3 2011
This review is from: MacroWikinomics (Hardcover)
I've just read the final pages of this comprehensive, insightful, and highly readable guide to the "age of networked intelligence".

I'm glad I did - it's giving me fresh ideas to apply at work; while explaining, step by step, the backbone of the changed nature of human interaction as it stands today. This is indeed the time of "rebooting", and nothing has come close in terms of sociological change and business opportunity, particularly entrepreneurial, for the past couple of hundred years.

I began reading it with a healthy dose of skepticism - after all, the authors aren't meek in their objectives, taking a shot at making sense of a world in rapid flux, and accelerating. Tapscott and Williams embrace a monumental expanse of changing areas and make sense of where we've recently been, where we are, and what is most likely to come. They lay the general groundwork, and explain its specific impact on our societies, vast segments of our economy (financial services, industry, energy, transportation, education, media) and politics (government and the transformed nature of the citizen - public servant relationship). I was well rewarded for my effort.

If you're related and/or interested in any of these topics, this is a must read for you.