Profile for H. Clinton > Reviews

Content by H. Clinton

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

H. Clinton (New York, NY USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Three Cups of Tea
Three Cups of Tea
by Greg Mortenson
Price: CDN$ 13.36
303 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and Inspiring, Nov. 22 2008
This review is from: Three Cups of Tea (Paperback)
Three Cups of Tea is the story of how one man can make a difference, and should be a lesson for all of us to never give up thinking that we can make a difference. This is an excellent story about an extraordinary individual and an incredible village most of us have never heard of before. This is a must read for any outdoor enthusiast, humanitarian, and just about anyone who genuinely cares about the world and all those living in it.
For a great book of philosophy I recommend Understanding: Train of Thought.

American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House
American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House
by Jon Meacham
Price: CDN$ 26.96
104 used & new from CDN$ 2.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew Jackson was an orphan who fought his way to the apex of power, Nov. 22 2008
I would highly recommend this book to everyone. I looked forward to the release of this book with great anticipation and began reading it as soon as I received my copy. This book gives great detail about Jackson's ancestry and early life of hardship; including the loss of everyone close to him. Meacham does a wonderful job telling the story of how Jackson improved himself by studying law, his rough journey west to Tennessee, his difficulties of life on the frontier in the late 18th and early 19th century, his military career, and of course his presidency, which was pivotal in American history and helped define a new age of American politics. The section on Jackson's post-Presidential years seemed to be glossed over a bit, probably for the purpose of keeping the book under 600 pages, but nonetheless was very good.

For a book of philosophy I would highly recommend Understanding: Train of Thought.

Life Lessons: Train of Thought
Life Lessons: Train of Thought
by Lance Buck Paul Smith
Price: CDN$ 28.92
6 used & new from CDN$ 27.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Wonderful and Inspiring, Aug. 7 2008
I love the wisdom of this author, and his brutal honesty; he realizes that there are still many lessons for him to learn in this life. It's rare that you find a book that says so much, so well, on topics that are so hard to capture. This book has a lot of great insights throughout. As I was reading it, I realized that I need to get a paperback copy so that I could mark it up with my thoughts. Kind of like a workbook or a diary where I could keep track of thoughts that were inspired.

If this or any book, were a means to an ultimate understanding on life, then before long that understanding would not be enough! The soul is insatiable; it continues to progress upwards through life, and sometimes what was once your highest limit simply becomes the threshold into an even greater understanding. Whether you are just beginning your life experiences or you have had many, this book gives you so much to consider.

Thumbs up to the author of this great little book; I highly recommend it along with another by this author Understanding: Train of Thought.

Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
by Joel Osteen
98 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A blessing to all that read this, Dec 6 2007
Its common knowledge that "you can't be everything to everybody" and I don't think Osteen is trying to be. He is offering hope to those who need it and even encouraging the strong. This is an amazing book from one of today's most inspirational Christian speakers. If it can help people become the best of who they are, (even those who are not Christian) aren't we all the better because of it? I highly recommend this book, and for a positive book of philosophy I highly recommend Understanding: Train of Thought; you won't be disappointed.

Power to the People
Power to the People
by Laura Ingraham
Price: CDN$ 26.80
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Dec 3 2007
This review is from: Power to the People (Hardcover)
I enjoyed reading this book, and find myself in agreement with most of her arguments. It is a very empowering book that enables the average person to believe that they can make a difference in their lives. Each chapter brings out an aspect of our culture that affects our nation and us as individuals now and into the future.
And for a light philosophical read on life, I recommend Understanding: Train of Thought.

How To Win Friends And Influence People
How To Win Friends And Influence People
by Dale Carnegie
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it to your sons to remember you for ever, Dec 1 2007
This is a book to be read and practiced. This book makes you more human - in such a way you will find yourself gaining friends and keeping company with wonderful people. Treat this book like a treasured gift and share it with those you care for. It is a book that should be passed on to future generations.

I was really surprised at how much this book matters and how much I learned by reading it. It is a book that keeps on giving; and yes some of the advice may be obvious, but it brings the correct way in which to interact with others into the forefront of the mind, and that is why it is so valuable. It is an enjoyable read and should be a mandatory primer for all students as well as adults.

Another simple book that really surprised me is Understanding: Train of Thought.

The Dangerous Book for Boys (US edition)
The Dangerous Book for Boys (US edition)
by Conn Iggulden
Price: CDN$ 23.96
137 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for Boys & Men, Nov. 27 2007
This book is the perfect gift for boys of all ages. I bought it for my son, but my husband seems to enjoy it just as much. They enjoy doing the projects together and it gets both of them away from the TV. It has been a good bonding means as well as brought a lot of fun into our house. I highly recommend this book as well as the book Understanding: Train of Thought.

Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World
Giving: How Each of Us Can Change the World
by Bill Clinton
Price: CDN$ 23.96
96 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Making a difference in the world, Nov. 20 2007
Clinton's books message is great - open our hearts and give where we have the greatest chance of success - and contained a lot of statistics. The book tells us about individuals who manage to get past the corruption and really help, mostly by doing all the work themselves. It's nice to hear about these ordinary people doing extraordinary things. It really opens up the possibilities for all of us wanting to give in ways that can change the world. This was a very well written book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.
And for a good book of philosophy try Understanding: Train of Thought.

Soul Communication: Opening Your Spiritual Channels for Success and Fulfillment
Soul Communication: Opening Your Spiritual Channels for Success and Fulfillment
by Zhi Gang Sha
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical methods for connecting with the essence of everyone and everything., Nov. 18 2007
This book is full of kindness, love, blessings and soul. Soul Communication offers a way to connect with love through soul communication and shoes you ways of truly opening up your heart. You will be able to accomplish a great many things by communicating first on a soul level. I highly recommend this book and another book I highly recommend is Understanding: Train of Thought.

The Pocket Daring Book For Girls: Things to Do
The Pocket Daring Book For Girls: Things to Do
by Andrea Buchanan
Price: CDN$ 22.04
116 used & new from CDN$ 1.12

5.0 out of 5 stars For the rebel in all of us, Nov. 15 2007
It's been a daring adventure reading this book, and well worth it. This is a light fun book that's not just for little girls. This is a crafty little book for girls of all ages, it will make a great Christmas present or just something special for you to relax and enjoy.

Also recommended Understanding: Train of Thought.

Page: 1 | 2