Profile for Mona > Reviews

Content by Mona

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mona

Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living
Eat-Taste-Heal: An Ayurvedic Cookbook for Modern Living
by Dr. Thomas Yarema M.D.
Price: CDN$ 20.10
45 used & new from CDN$ 20.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Ayurveda book - informational and applied, Oct. 30 2012
This book is required reading for the Foundations of Ayurveda course that I am taking through the Kripalu Centre for Yoga and Health... so I bought it. I had no idea what a treasure I was stumbling upon!

The book is beautiful! The layout is gorgeous and the photos are amazing. The core concepts of Ayurveda are well explained in a simple and straightforward way, appropriate for those with no previous experience and those with some experience too.

My favourite part was the extensive recipe section which allowed me to begin applying the concepts, ideas and principles of this ancient practice immediately - and then to experience the benefits of this science first hand.

I have chosen to use this book as required reading for the Ayurveda & Yoga weekends I will be facilitating :)

The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga
The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga: The Philosophy and Practice of Yin Yoga
by Bernie Clark
Price: CDN$ 16.97
50 used & new from CDN$ 13.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Yin Yoga book., March 5 2012
Bernie Clark's books on Yin Yoga are fantastic.

This Yin Yoga book is great as a practice manual - lots of details on the postures and practice sequences, along with background on the history of the practice, physiology, and benefits of Yin Yoga.

Anatomy and Asana - Preventing Yoga Injuries
Anatomy and Asana - Preventing Yoga Injuries
by Susi Hately Hately-Aldous
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: CDN$ 33.00
19 used & new from CDN$ 32.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended title for those seeking a safe practice, Oct. 3 2011
This book is among the required readings for my 200 Hr Hatha Yoga Teacher Training.

I like that it is easy to read and visually appealing. Mostly, I know Susi (she is one of my teachers) and the information she provides in this book has helped me to teach thousands of yoga students more safely and knowledgeably.

If you are looking for a book on muscles names or poses, don't pick this one. If you are looking for bio-mechanical concepts/principles to apply to your practice/teaching to build strength, integrity and ease (which equals power), then this book is a must have.