Profile for John > Reviews

Content by John

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

John (Los Angeles)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Price: CDN$ 23.40
40 used & new from CDN$ 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, Nov. 30 2002
This review is from: Brainwashed (Audio CD)
I have to admit I wasn't too impressed after my first listen, however, the more I listened the better it got!!! Now, after 4 listens, I can honestly say this is the best Harrison solo album!! "All Things Must Pass" was great, but it had a few clunkers. "Brainwashed" is brilliant from beginning to end! There is not one bad song! If this is not named album of the year at the Grammy's, I would be lead to believe that those responsible for the awards are either deaf, braindead or perhaps even "brainwashed" by our society, and what our "society" considers MUSIC!!!

Price: CDN$ 23.40
40 used & new from CDN$ 5.60

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, Nov. 30 2002
This review is from: Brainwashed (Audio CD)
I have to admit I wasn't too impressed after my first listen, however, the more I listened the better it got! Now, after 4 listens, I can honestly say this is the best Harrison solo album!! "All Things Must Pass" was great, but it had a few clunkers. "Brainwashed" is brilliant from beginning to end! There is not one bad song! If this is not named album of the year at the Grammy's, I would be lead to believe that those responsible for the awards are either deaf, braindead or perhaps even "brainwashed" by our society, and what our "society" considers MUSIC!

All Things Must Pass
All Things Must Pass
Price: CDN$ 24.94
37 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars George Harrison you will be missed, Dec 9 2001
This review is from: All Things Must Pass (Audio CD)
George was always my second favorite beatle (John Lennon being my favorite). This is truely George's masterpiece, there isn't a bad song on the album, even the additional tracks are outstanding. "I Live For You" being the real stand-out of the additional tracks, it's hard to believe this song wasn't included on the original album, a supurb song! As for the rest of the album the real stand-outs are, "I'd Have You Anytime", My Sweet Lord", "What is Life", "Beware of Darkness", "Apple Scruffs", "All Things Must Pass", "I Dig Love", "Hear Me Lord". The others are also outstanding, these are just my personal favorite tracks. "I Live For You" is the best on the album, again, it's hard to believe it was left off the original album. My 3rd favorite beatles solo album, just behind Lennon Masterpieces "Plastic Ono Band" and "Imagine". Rest in peace George, You may have left us to join "Your sweet lord" but your music and legacy will live on forever, Rock on with John!

The Beatles (The White Album)
The Beatles (The White Album)
Price: CDN$ 35.85
19 used & new from CDN$ 2.33

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING!!!!, Aug. 31 2001
The Beatles (White Album) is without a doubt the greatest Beatles album of them all, here is a quick runthrough the songs...
1) Back in the U.S.S.R.: a great rocker, with a rather funny "Beach Boys" parody thrown in.
2) Dear Prudence: One of the best on the album, one of John's best songs period.
3) Glass Onion: Very delightful song, with a great sound.
4) Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da: Pitiful attempt at reggae, but still a descent song.
5) Wild Honey Pie: This song is more of a joke song, even though it's not very good, it's still not bad.
6) Bungalow Bill: Very catchy song, a real sing along (expecially the chorus)
7) While My Guitar Gently Weeps: Great George song, great guitar from Eric Clapton.
8) Happiness is a Warm Gun: Very good song, one of the best on the album.
9) Martha My Dear: They say Paul wrote this song about his sheep dog, if he did, I think he was a little "too" close to her, still a very good song.
10) I'm So Tired: Good Song, if you're depressed, it will make you even more so
11) Blackbird: Great acoustic song by Paul.
12) Piggies: Very catchy song by George.
13) Rocky Raccoon: Very delightful parody of those old "Story" Country western songs.
14) Don't Pass Me By: Not a great song, but then again it was written by Ringo.
15) Why Don't we do it in the Road: Funny song the first time you listen to it, but it gets a bit boring after a while.
16) I Will: Very good love song, it will get you thinking about that "special someone".
17) Julia: Who said John couldn't write a good ballad? This is probably John's greatest ballad, and one of the best songs on the album.
18) Birthday: This is a great song to play at a birthday party.
19) Yer Blues: Descent blues song, but at all costs don't listen to this song while depressed.
20) Mother Nature's Son: This is my least favorite song on the album, I've given it a chance, but now, whenever I listen to this album I skip this song.
21) Everbody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey: Probably the longest title of any beatles song, but also one of the catchiest songs on the album.
22) Sexy Sadie: One of the best songs on the album, this song is severly underrated. This is one of the best Beatles songs ever.
23) Helter Skelter: The hardest rocking Beatles song ever, very good song.
24) Long, Long, Long: In my opinion, THE MOST UNDERRATED SONG OF ALL TIME!! This is without a doubt George Harrison's greatest song! Just listen to the lyrics, they really speak to you, well at least they do to me. The voice volume is a little low, but once you get used to that, you'll find, this is the BEST song on the album!
25) Revolution 1: Very delightful, slower, version of Revolver.
26) Honey Pie: Good song, it gets your toes tapping.
27) Savoy Truffle: very catchy tune.
28) Cry Baby Cry: I love the chorus, but I feel they could have done much better on this song, if John would have just taken some time to write lyrics that went with the chorus lyrics!
29) Revolution 9: This isn't a song, and many people hate it, but in my opinion the sound arrangements are very good.
30) Good Night: This is a good song to play to your kids as they go to sleep.
The Greatest tracks, in my opinion, are (in no particular order):
Dear Prudence, Glass Onion, Bungalow Bill, Happiness is a Warm Gun, I'm So Tired, I Will, Julia, Everbody's got something..., Sexy Sadie, Long, Long, Long (the best), Savoy Truffle...but all of them are great (Except Mother Nature's Son), those are just my pick of the litter.

Platoon
Platoon
6 used & new from CDN$ 4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars great film, May 31 2000
This review is from: Platoon (VHS Tape)
Possibly the greatest war film ever made, and most definetly the best film of the 1980's. Stone does a great job directing this classic.

Back to School [Import]
Back to School [Import]
6 used & new from CDN$ 1.39

3.0 out of 5 stars funny movie, May 20 2000
This review is from: Back to School [Import] (VHS Tape)
I would never put this film among my favorite films, but it is genuily funny. It will not leave you disapointed.

Big Daddy
Big Daddy
Offered by WonderBook-USA
Price: CDN$ 0.66
13 used & new from CDN$ 0.66

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the trailer would make you believe!, May 8 2000
This review is from: Big Daddy (VHS Tape)
I seen the trailer, and it looked hilarious. However I left the theater disapointed;If the film was half as good as the trailer would make you believe this would have been a comic masterpiece!

Rudy
Rudy
10 used & new from CDN$ 0.74

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT, EVEN IF YOU DONT LIKE AMERICAN FOOTBALL!, May 3 2000
This review is from: Rudy (VHS Tape)
I must admit I'm not a fan of American football, I acctually hate the sport, but I definetally dont hate this great movie. It is about a young man that has a dream to play for Notre Dame. Its a great movie because it shows you if you really fight for something you can acomplish it. You dont have to like American football to love this movie.

A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan
7 used & new from CDN$ 11.87

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, May 1 2000
This review is from: A Simple Plan (VHS Tape)
The year of 1998 brought us only three good movies: Saving Private Ryan, American History X, and A simple Plan. A simple plan is a great movie about what money can do to people. This is highly recomended for movie lovers.

Three Stooges, the [01] - Curly Classics (Sous-titres français)
Three Stooges, the [01] - Curly Classics (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Moe Howard
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 25.62
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, May 1 2000
It seemed after Curley left the stooges went down hill, but when Curley was part of the act the stooges where hilarious and at their best. I recomend these Curley classics, because there are no Shemp shorts in this video, I never liked Shemp.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4