5.0 out of 5 stars
OUTSTANDING!!!!, Aug 31 2001
The Beatles (White Album) is without a doubt the greatest Beatles album of them all, here is a quick runthrough the songs...
1) Back in the U.S.S.R.: a great rocker, with a rather funny "Beach Boys" parody thrown in.
2) Dear Prudence: One of the best on the album, one of John's best songs period.
3) Glass Onion: Very delightful song, with a great sound.
4) Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da: Pitiful attempt at reggae, but still a descent song.
5) Wild Honey Pie: This song is more of a joke song, even though it's not very good, it's still not bad.
6) Bungalow Bill: Very catchy song, a real sing along (expecially the chorus)
7) While My Guitar Gently Weeps: Great George song, great guitar from Eric Clapton.
8) Happiness is a Warm Gun: Very good song, one of the best on the album.
9) Martha My Dear: They say Paul wrote this song about his sheep dog, if he did, I think he was a little "too" close to her, still a very good song.
10) I'm So Tired: Good Song, if you're depressed, it will make you even more so
11) Blackbird: Great acoustic song by Paul.
12) Piggies: Very catchy song by George.
13) Rocky Raccoon: Very delightful parody of those old "Story" Country western songs.
14) Don't Pass Me By: Not a great song, but then again it was written by Ringo.
15) Why Don't we do it in the Road: Funny song the first time you listen to it, but it gets a bit boring after a while.
16) I Will: Very good love song, it will get you thinking about that "special someone".
17) Julia: Who said John couldn't write a good ballad? This is probably John's greatest ballad, and one of the best songs on the album.
18) Birthday: This is a great song to play at a birthday party.
19) Yer Blues: Descent blues song, but at all costs don't listen to this song while depressed.
20) Mother Nature's Son: This is my least favorite song on the album, I've given it a chance, but now, whenever I listen to this album I skip this song.
21) Everbody's Got Something to Hide Except Me and My Monkey: Probably the longest title of any beatles song, but also one of the catchiest songs on the album.
22) Sexy Sadie: One of the best songs on the album, this song is severly underrated. This is one of the best Beatles songs ever.
23) Helter Skelter: The hardest rocking Beatles song ever, very good song.
24) Long, Long, Long: In my opinion, THE MOST UNDERRATED SONG OF ALL TIME!! This is without a doubt George Harrison's greatest song! Just listen to the lyrics, they really speak to you, well at least they do to me. The voice volume is a little low, but once you get used to that, you'll find, this is the BEST song on the album!
25) Revolution 1: Very delightful, slower, version of Revolver.
26) Honey Pie: Good song, it gets your toes tapping.
27) Savoy Truffle: very catchy tune.
28) Cry Baby Cry: I love the chorus, but I feel they could have done much better on this song, if John would have just taken some time to write lyrics that went with the chorus lyrics!
29) Revolution 9: This isn't a song, and many people hate it, but in my opinion the sound arrangements are very good.
30) Good Night: This is a good song to play to your kids as they go to sleep.
The Greatest tracks, in my opinion, are (in no particular order):
Dear Prudence, Glass Onion, Bungalow Bill, Happiness is a Warm Gun, I'm So Tired, I Will, Julia, Everbody's got something..., Sexy Sadie, Long, Long, Long (the best), Savoy Truffle...but all of them are great (Except Mother Nature's Son), those are just my pick of the litter.