Profile for D. Landry > Reviews

Content by D. Landry

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

D. Landry (Ottawa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
12 Years A Slave (Bilingual)
12 Years A Slave (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Chiwetel Ejiofor
Price: CDN$ 9.00
17 used & new from CDN$ 7.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, May 5 2014
This review is from: 12 Years A Slave (Bilingual) (DVD)
I know I loved a movie when I can still remember many parts of it clearly in my head even after watching it a few weeks earlier! Stop comparing this movie with Roots because even though they are both similar due to the content, it's not comparable. Just watch it for the story, which is excellent! Great writing, great actors, great movie!

Kensington K72422AM Pro Fit Mid-Size Wireless Mouse, Ruby Red
Kensington K72422AM Pro Fit Mid-Size Wireless Mouse, Ruby Red
Price: CDN$ 24.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wireless Mouse for the price!, April 19 2014
I like this wireless mouse so much that I bought a second one for another PC. Very nice to handle and not heavy like all those expensive ergonomic ones, which makes it easier to handle. Highly recommended!

The Hunt / La Chasse (Bilingual)
The Hunt / La Chasse (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Mads Mikkelsen
Price: CDN$ 29.71
7 used & new from CDN$ 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing but very good movie!, April 6 2014
Being a very touchy subject, I would not recommend this movie to all, but highly recommended to mature audience. Excellent cast, excellent movie, loved it from beginning to end.

Pain & Gain / Coup musclé [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet] (Bilingual)
Pain & Gain / Coup musclé [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Mark Wahlberg
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 28.20
10 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful to watch!, Sept. 1 2013
I was expecting so much more out of this movie because of the cast. I'm a big fan of Mark Wahlberg and I like most of the movies with Dwayne Johnson, so I bought this movie with great expectations but it failed miserably in so many levels. The casting seemed perfect, the trailer seemed so good and being based on a true story seemed to make this a good enough reason to buy the movie. All those misleading "seemed" good and perfect turned out to be a big setback.

If this is meant to be a comedy, well it failed. Actually, it should not even be a comedy due to the subject matter. That was probably the biggest failure of them all. It's not funny, it's just a meaningless ridiculous mockery of a dramatic situation.

Pain & Gain is just about right for this movie's title. It's a pain to watch with nothing to gain! If I would have to give one word to describe my emotions after viewing this movie, it would be : Disappointed.

I gave it a 2/5 because I still have faith in Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson. Hopefully this is the last time I see them in such a disastrous movie; one can only hope.

Bates Motel: Season One
Bates Motel: Season One
DVD ~ Vera Farmiga
Offered by Chitchats
Price: CDN$ 19.33
11 used & new from CDN$ 7.23

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely intense and entertaining!, July 20 2013
This review is from: Bates Motel: Season One (DVD)
Bates Motel takes a look into the early years of famed "psycho" Norman Bates. Described as a mash up of Twin Peaks and Smallville, the show pulls you into the twisted and macabre world of Norman and his mother Norma.

A short season 1 of 10 episodes but what a great first season! Lots of unexpected twists and great cast which makes it all the better! I'm totally hooked on that show and anxious for season 2!

Rectify [Import]
Rectify [Import]
Price: CDN$ 32.27
15 used & new from CDN$ 24.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, July 20 2013
This review is from: Rectify [Import] (DVD)
Rectify is a drama about a man who is wrongfully sent to jail and is released after DNA evidence proves he is not guilty. Story builds around this man and how his family, friends and surroundings deals with this new situation.

It was a short first season, but what a great one! All main characters are brilliant and that's what makes it so good and entertaining. Can't wait for season 2 to start!

Suits: Season One
Suits: Season One
DVD ~ Gabriel Macht
Price: CDN$ 14.97
12 used & new from CDN$ 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent refreshing TV series, July 12 2013
This review is from: Suits: Season One (DVD)
This show will survive for a long time mainly due to the perfect cast that has been chosen. The story line is excellent also, but in my honest opinion, a lot of shows get cancelled after a first season (and sometimes before) because the casting is wrong. This is certainly not the case for this show! They all fit perfectly in each other's roles and this is what makes it so good! I don't watch a lot of TV series on a regular basis, but this one is on my top priority. If you haven't watched an episode yet, do yourself a favor and do so, you will see what I mean.

Suits: The Complete Second Season [DVD + UltraViolet]
Suits: The Complete Second Season [DVD + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Gabriel Macht
Price: CDN$ 32.79
8 used & new from CDN$ 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent refreshing TV series, July 12 2013

The Middle: The Complete Second Season (Sous-titres français)
The Middle: The Complete Second Season (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Eden Sher
Price: CDN$ 12.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Entertainment, love the show!, Dec 14 2011
The Middle TV Comedy Series are very entertaining, sometimes a little bit exagerated, but then again close to reality when considering it's a family with teens! It's great that all series are being provided on DVD's for viewing... but... who in it's right mind would pay $50 for a 3 discs TV series? I love the show, but I will definitely wait for the price to come down, this is totally overpriced.

I Am Number Four (3-Disc Combo Pack) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
I Am Number Four (3-Disc Combo Pack) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Alex Pettyfer
Price: CDN$ 33.26
28 used & new from CDN$ 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Action/Sci-Fi movie!, May 27 2011
I truly enjoyed this action packed movie and yes, it certainly seems like it wants a sequel, and I only have one thing to say: "Bring it On!" The special effects were awsome and the cast was great. Alex Pettyfer and Timothy Olyphant are outstanding as they evolve in their caracters. If you like action movies with super bad aliens and people with very special cool powers, this is the one for you. Very entertaining movie and glad I bought it so that I can view it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20