Profile for D. Landry > Reviews

Content by D. Landry

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

D. Landry (Ottawa)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Rocky Heavyweight Collection  [Blu-ray]
Rocky Heavyweight Collection [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Sylvester Stallone
Price: CDN$ 22.49
3 used & new from CDN$ 22.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad to have purchased this!, May 5 2014
I was very happy to find the whole collection of Rocky sold in Blu-Ray so that I can watched once more in great quality!

After The Wedding (Bil) / Âpres La Noce (Bilingual)
After The Wedding (Bil) / Âpres La Noce (Bilingual)
Price: CDN$ 6.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 3.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, May 5 2014
I bought this movie because I'm starting to be a big fan of Mads Mikkelsen! I remember him first in one of the James Bond movie Casino Royale, and thought he was brilliant! I enjoyed this movie for it's great story and originality. Mads gives a great performance as usual and would certainly recommend it without a doubt! Also watch The Hunt, another great movie with him as the leader and my favorite movie so far this year!

The Bucket List [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Bucket List [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jack Nicholson
Price: CDN$ 7.96
13 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, May 5 2014
I was happy to view this movie once more on Blu-Ray! In my opinion, this was the best comedy movie with Morgan Freeman!

3 Ninjas Kick Back/3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain/3 Ninjas Knuckle Up (Multi Feature, 3 discs) Bilingual
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collection!, May 5 2014
Oh the memories when I watched all 3 movies back then with the kids! It was great to find them all as bundle this way!

Angels In The Outfield, Angels In The Infield, Angels In The Endzone, Perfect Game - 4-disc DVD
DVD ~ Danny Glover
Price: CDN$ 8.88
25 used & new from CDN$ 8.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice package!, May 5 2014
I enjoyed every movies in this package, even though I've seen them all a very long time ago! I was certainly glad to have them all combined as a collection this way!

12 Years A Slave (Bilingual)
12 Years A Slave (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Chiwetel Ejiofor
Price: CDN$ 10.00
7 used & new from CDN$ 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie!, May 5 2014
This review is from: 12 Years A Slave (Bilingual) (DVD)
I know I loved a movie when I can still remember many parts of it clearly in my head even after watching it a few weeks earlier! Stop comparing this movie with Roots because even though they are both similar due to the content, it's not comparable. Just watch it for the story, which is excellent! Great writing, great actors, great movie!

Kensington K72422AM Pro Fit Mid-Size Wireless Mouse, Ruby Red
Kensington K72422AM Pro Fit Mid-Size Wireless Mouse, Ruby Red
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 31.77
19 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wireless Mouse for the price!, April 19 2014
I like this wireless mouse so much that I bought a second one for another PC. Very nice to handle and not heavy like all those expensive ergonomic ones, which makes it easier to handle. Highly recommended!

The Hunt / La Chasse (Bilingual)
The Hunt / La Chasse (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Mads Mikkelsen
Price: CDN$ 14.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing but very good movie!, April 6 2014
Being a very touchy subject, I would not recommend this movie to all, but highly recommended to mature audience. Excellent cast, excellent movie, loved it from beginning to end.

Pain & Gain / Coup musclé [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet] (Bilingual)
Pain & Gain / Coup musclé [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Mark Wahlberg
9 used & new from CDN$ 3.96

2.0 out of 5 stars Painful to watch!, Sept. 1 2013
I was expecting so much more out of this movie because of the cast. I'm a big fan of Mark Wahlberg and I like most of the movies with Dwayne Johnson, so I bought this movie with great expectations but it failed miserably in so many levels. The casting seemed perfect, the trailer seemed so good and being based on a true story seemed to make this a good enough reason to buy the movie. All those misleading "seemed" good and perfect turned out to be a big setback.

If this is meant to be a comedy, well it failed. Actually, it should not even be a comedy due to the subject matter. That was probably the biggest failure of them all. It's not funny, it's just a meaningless ridiculous mockery of a dramatic situation.

Pain & Gain is just about right for this movie's title. It's a pain to watch with nothing to gain! If I would have to give one word to describe my emotions after viewing this movie, it would be : Disappointed.

I gave it a 2/5 because I still have faith in Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson. Hopefully this is the last time I see them in such a disastrous movie; one can only hope.

Bates Motel: Season One
Bates Motel: Season One
DVD ~ Vera Farmiga
Price: CDN$ 19.97
8 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely intense and entertaining!, July 20 2013
This review is from: Bates Motel: Season One (DVD)
Bates Motel takes a look into the early years of famed "psycho" Norman Bates. Described as a mash up of Twin Peaks and Smallville, the show pulls you into the twisted and macabre world of Norman and his mother Norma.

A short season 1 of 10 episodes but what a great first season! Lots of unexpected twists and great cast which makes it all the better! I'm totally hooked on that show and anxious for season 2!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20