biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno Simple and secure cloud storage
Profile for MichelBourgeois > Reviews

Content by MichelBourgeois
Top Reviewer Ranking: 937

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

MichelBourgeois (Moncton New Brunswick)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Trespassers by Kashmir (2010-03-09)
Trespassers by Kashmir (2010-03-09)
Offered by HOPE FIRE
Price: CDN$ 72.88

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't pinpoint what it is I like about this band except to say 'everything', Oct. 13 2015
Yet another Danish artist whose last couple of releases have been perfection. Kashmir have been around for quite a while, but sadly not very exposed in the North American market. I can't pinpoint what it is I like about this band except to say 'everything'. The lyrics, the music, the production, the sound, the singer's voice are all top-notch. Depending on which day I'm listening to this CD, my favorite tune can alternate between each song on this recording. It's that good, give it a try :)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the 2nd great CD that Mark Perro and Nick Chiericozzi have released ..., Oct. 13 2015
This is the 2nd great CD that Mark Perro and Nick Chiericozzi have released in 2014. The first was part of their other group The Men who released "Tomorrow's Hits" . Stylistically, a few of the songs on "Hypnotized" could fit very well with Tomorrow's Hits, especially the title track, + My Mama's Dead and John. The other songs on this release add additional textures , electronic and guitar effects. An excellent additon to Sacred Bones Records catalogue.

Till It's All Forgotten (Vinyl)
Till It's All Forgotten (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 57.11
16 used & new from CDN$ 29.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new artist of 2015, Oct. 13 2015
Best new artist of 2015. Kari Jahnsen who goes by the recording name of Farao is an immensely talented new singer from Norway. Signed to Arts & Crafts, her debut CD "Till It's All Forgotten" is a wonderful collection of folk/pop/electronica all highlighted by her lovely vocals. The inventive , layered instrumentation gives the songs room to breathe. A masterful collection of songs from beginning to end. 5+ stars :)

Paper Gods (Deluxe Version)
Paper Gods (Deluxe Version)
Offered by Softbay Global
Price: CDN$ 41.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another amazing CD by my favourite band of all time, Sept. 15 2015
Yet another amazing CD by my favourite band of all time. I've read some negativity that some of the songs on this album are not on the same level as those great hits that they've had in the past. Obviously this album is not Rio part 2. I didn't want them to go back to simply copying what they've done before. I think that's where some have criticized the band. For me though, I like that the band keeps taking chances. Simon's vocals on this CD are amazing, he keeps getting better. Quite a few highlights on this, actually love the whole thing. The 1st single "Pressue Off" is the one song that I find myself skipping. I also love all the extra tracks "Planet Roaring", "Valentine Stones" and "Northern Lights" . Hopefully I'll be able to purchase the Target exclusive later this month when I'm the States to get the 2 extra songs "On Evil Beach" and "Cinderella Ride" which are amazing as well. Thank you Duran Duran for this wonderful collection of songs :)

Super Future By Calvin Love (2015-06-16)
Super Future By Calvin Love (2015-06-16)
Offered by Nakoop Books
Price: CDN$ 64.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Future by Calvin Love is my favourite Canadian recording ..., Sept. 15 2015
Super Future by Calvin Love is my favourite Canadian recording of 2015. This CD is full of intelligent pop songs with layered synths and excellent guitar work. I love his voice, it adds a dreamy vulnerable tone to most of the album. Highlights bountiful, but my favourite songs are "Girl", "Automaton", "Calls From Jupiter" and the absolutely gorgeous "You & I"

Super Future
Super Future
Price: CDN$ 14.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 13.26

This review is from: Super Future (Audio CD)

Till It's All Forgotten
Till It's All Forgotten
Price: CDN$ 12.99
19 used & new from CDN$ 11.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Best new artist of 2015, Sept. 14 2015
This review is from: Till It's All Forgotten (Audio CD)

Paper Gods (Deluxe)
Paper Gods (Deluxe)
Price: CDN$ 11.69
40 used & new from CDN$ 11.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another amazing CD by my favourite band of all time, Sept. 14 2015
This review is from: Paper Gods (Deluxe) (Audio CD)

Happiness by Hurts (2010) Audio CD
Happiness by Hurts (2010) Audio CD
Offered by JnP Store Canada
Price: CDN$ 16.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness is the excellent debut from this British duo, May 28 2015
Happiness is the excellent debut from this British duo. It's filled with well-crafted melancholic pop songs that alternate between synth-propulsed beats and gorgeous ballads. Favourites include "Wonderful Life", "Better Than Love" and the amazing ballds "Stay" and "The Water" .

Eight & A Half by Eight & A Half (2012) Audio CD
Eight & A Half by Eight & A Half (2012) Audio CD
Offered by JnP Store Canada
Price: CDN$ 28.72

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is amazing, and it keeps getting better with each listen, May 28 2015
This album is amazing, and it keeps getting better with each listen. The sequencing is impeccable and the songs flow beautifully. I bought the CD on the strenght of the 1st 2 singles, 'Scissors' and 'Go Ego'. Other songs match them in quality, such as 'The Turn Around' which definitely could be a hit if given the chance, 'Wait Up' which is a gorgeous mid-tempo song, and 'Took a Train To India' which is just a beautiful song all around.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10