Profile for Suzanne Tucker > Reviews

Content by Suzanne Tucker

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Suzanne Tucker "Reviewer" (Anoka, MN United States)

Carnal Gift
Carnal Gift
by Pamela Clare
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A treasure not to be missed, Feb. 24 2004
Ce commentaire est de: Carnal Gift (Mass Market Paperback)
It is just a glance but all that is necessary. He is an English Protestant and she an Irish Catholic. Heaven help them!
Jamie Blakewell has come to England on behalf of his brother-in-law to secure the use of naval vessels in the war against France. He is counting on the influence of his friend in the House of Lords. Many lives depend on it. But, Sheff is not the same man he was during their days at Oxford. He has turned into a cruel, hateful man and is obsessed with Brighid, the beautiful lass Jamie has in hiding. Sheff must find her and destroy his friend. The game has begun.
Brighid grew up hating the English. They starved her mother, sold her father into slavery and stole her family's land. She and Jamie's paths cross. They have no business caring for one another. Their nations are enemies and their churches condemn one another. They can never build a life together. But, tell that to one's heart.
Brava! Ms. Clare, Brava! You've gifted us with yet another story so beautiful, so compelling, so heart-rendering, sometimes I forgot to breath. I laughed, wept, cheered and celebrated. CARNAL GIFT is balm for the soul, a triumph of the heart. Begin your journey with SWEET RELEASE, the first book in this spell-binding trilogy (be still my heart). Run to the nearest bookstore for CARNAL GIFT and then look forward, as I am, to the final chapter by this master storyteller. If you read only one author in 2004, please let it be Pamela Clare. In one word: PERFECTION.

Sweet Release
Sweet Release
by Pamela Clare
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brava! Ms. Clare, Brava!, Dec 29 2003
Ce commentaire est de: Sweet Release (Mass Market Paperback)
I won't detail the plot as others have done. Why ruin a perfect story for readers who are in for the "treat of their romantic lives." I want to concentrate on why this wonderful debut novel should NOT be missed.
I read about Pamela Clare's debut novel SWEET RELEASE in the RT Book Club publication the month before it was released. It sounded like a "must read" for me so I purchased it as soon as it was released. And,believe me, I was NOT disappointed. Just the opposite. I can't remember the last book I read that absorbed me so in the characters, wrapped the story around my heart and held on until the last page was turned. What a sad day that was because I wanted it to go on forever. One would think that Pamela Clare has been writing for years and has a treasure-trove of best sellers to her credit. Instead, this was her DEBUT novel. WOW! What a gift! I haven't experienced such reading enjoyment since The Flame and Flower kept me up all night many, many years ago. Pick up this remarkable book. Sit back, relax and enjoy the remarkable journey of Alec and Cassie. You will be missing the best romance of 2003 if you don't. I am so glad it is the frist book of a trilogy. In March of 2004 we can look forward to the second "treasure" by this master story-teller titled CARNAL GIFT. Yes, there is a God.