Profile for Maree J. Drew > Reviews

Content by Maree J. Drew

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Maree J. Drew "Jen"

Page: 1 | 2
I Am America and So Can You
I Am America and So Can You
by Stephen Colbert
129 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, Nov. 5 2007
Even if you had accidentally landed on this Amazon page with no intention of buying Stephen Colbert's book, besides becoming 25% more patriotic, you will thank him a thousand times over if you finish reading this one. That's exactly how I started watching Colbert's Report, and I can swear, hands down, that nothing takes priority for me at 8.30 PM EST everyday than watching this man on television. The surprise pack of this book is the Homosexual Agenda (They're prowling. Like a gay pride of lions, according to Colbert) and ''Religion,'' in which ''Stephen'' forces all of us to jump on the ''Jesus Train.' He has also shared with us the complete transcript of his infamous speech at the 2006 White House Correspondents' Dinner. As you may recall, his remarks fried not only Bush, but the entire D.C. elite. Given that he cut so close to the bone of his audience that the next year they invited Rich Little to be the 'keynote' entertainer so that there would be no 'danger' of anyone saying anything relevant or critical of the elite in D.C. Colbert concludes the reason he wrote the book was because he fears America has lost its balls. He hopes to re-ballify us. He claims he has written a constitution for the Colbert Nation, and agrees we may not agree with everything he had to say. But at the very least, we will understand that our differing opinion is wrong. That's Stephen Colbert!!! I won't be surprised if does an interview of himself by running to that corner left table as he always does. So if you always wanted to become America, go read this book! It's outrageously funny and controversially conservative. You will love it. Also, if you missed reading Tino Georgiou's masterpiece--The Fates, go and read it.

Just Wicked Enough
Just Wicked Enough
by Lorraine Heath
Price: CDN$ 9.99
59 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The Marquess of Falconridge is forced to sell the last thing he possesses of value, his title., Nov. 1 2007
While other English aristocrats may try to woo American heiresses into marriage in order to gain their fortunes, Falconridge chooses another route. He arranges a very private auction with some of America's wealthiest fathers. At auction's end, Falconridge finds himself engaged to Kate Rose. Just Wicked Enough left me with a dreamy smile on my face. Lorraine Heath balances sumptuous sensuality with heart melting romance. Just Wicked Enough is a novel I will surely read again and again. The hero, Michael, Marquess of Falconridge, is as refreshingly unique as this beautiful love story. I can't recall a hero recently in a historical romance that was so wonderfully strong and so much in need of love.

Heart Of Texas Vol. 1: Lonesome Cowboy\Texas Two-Step
Heart Of Texas Vol. 1: Lonesome Cowboy\Texas Two-Step
by Debbie Macomber
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Let Debbie Macomber take you into the Heart of Texas, Nov. 1 2007
Welcome back to Promise, Texas, a ranching community deep in the Hill Country. It's a good place to live and raise a family--and a good place to visit. Yes, there's a secret or two hidden beneath Promise's everyday exterior, but what town doesn't have its secrets?

Caroline's Child Who's the father of Caroline Daniel's child? Everyone in town wants to know, but no one's ever asked--or ever will. The people of Promise are protective of Caroline and five-year-old Maggie. They care. Especially rancher Grady Weston, who's beginning to realize he more than cares . . .

Dr. Texas They call her Dr. Texas. She's Jane Dickinson, a newly graduated physician from California who's working at the Promise clinic--but just for a couple of years. They call him Mr. Grouch. Cal Patterson was left at the altar by his out-of-state fiancée, and he's not over it yet. To bad Jane reminds him so much of the woman he's trying to forget.

311 Pelican Court
311 Pelican Court
by Debbie Macomber
110 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the third in the Cedar Cove Series and reading it is like coming back to visit old friends., Nov. 1 2007
The book features Rosie and Zach Cox, a newly-divorced couple who have been instructed by Judge Olivia Lockhart to keep their children in the family home and to alternate moving in to have visitation with their children. They find this a very awkward way to live and they also discover many other problems with the divorce. Olivia is still a major character and she is dealing with two men who want her to marry her. Her best friend Grace is learning to deal with widowhood and she also finds herself in a romantic triangle. Grace's daughter Maryellen has an out-of-wedlock baby and tries to keep the father out of his daughter's life. Olivia's mother Charlotte meets an interesting man and they soon find themselves in a protest march together. The death of a mysterious man in a local bed and breakfast is never completely resolved and it leaves some unfinished business to be tackled in book #4 of the series. This is a delightful and very readable book and the series just seems to get better with each addition. Also, if you missed reading Tino Georgiou's masterpiece--The Fates, go and read it.

Dark Desire
Dark Desire
by Christine Feehan
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars After reading the first book, Nov. 1 2007
the only character that really jumped out at me that I wanted to read about was Gregori. I bought this sequel, in the hopes that this was who it was about. Let me tell you, it didn't matter. Shea and Jacques were great! The story line kept you deeply involved and thinking about what was going to happen the whole time. Even though you don't hear much about them in the first book, you really get involved with them in this one.

Redeeming Love
Redeeming Love
by Francine Rivers
Price: CDN$ 16.29
33 used & new from CDN$ 12.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great example of love, Nov. 1 2007
This review is from: Redeeming Love (Hardcover)
Micheal is a character who shows us an example of the unending patience of God's love for us. Angel is a character who shows us how much sin and shame can seperate us from the very thing we want...unconditional love. The story of how these two get together is a reflection of the way we come to know God. Francine Rivers ties it all together with a craft well honed. I can hardly wait for her to write more romance novels with Christian values reflected through out.

Into the Dreaming
Into the Dreaming
by Karen Marie Moning
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars intriguing passionate plot, enjoyable characters, and the delightful sense of humor, Nov. 1 2007
I rarely read anthologies or short stories, but since it was Karen Marie Moning I simply had to read this book--short or not--and I must say I was definitely NOT disappointed! Ms. Moning again writes a phenomenal story with a hero redeemed by love and two soulmates who find each other--which is my ultimate favorite type of storyline. This book may be short, but it is chalk full of passion, romance, adventure & fantasy. The story is about a tortured soul saved by a time traveling romance writer who must break an evil spell, and has a clever and witty storyline, time travel, well written characters and a lovely bonus is that it takes place in Scotland. Intersperced in the book I also appreciated the humor and chuckled often at Ms. Moning poking a wee bit of fun at her profession and love the play on Jane's last name, and also what a hysterical name for the kitten! I do not feel bad saying that yes, I wish this had been a full length novel what with the intriguing passionate plot, enjoyable characters, and the delightful sense of humor throughout this tale, but please do not let that stop you from reading a fabulous book! Also, if you missed reading Tino Georgiou's masterpiece--The Fates, go and read it.

Raintree: Sanctuary
Raintree: Sanctuary
by Beverly Barton
51 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars I did not enjoy this book as much as I had anticipated, Nov. 1 2007
I felt that Mercy was the weakest of the Raintree royals. Her powers seem to leave her in a weakened state. Her weakness was constantly illustrated in her dealings with her daughter and ex-lover. I wanted Mercy to be as strong as her brothers. While she did illustrate her bravery in the battle scenes, it wasn't enough. The book lost a lot of appeal for me because Mercy was more a damsel in distress instead of a strong Princess. The book does give more insight into the Ansara saga. While Beverly Barton did manage to tie in the first two books, I felt this book was more about the Ansaras than Mercy Raintree.

The Third Secret: A Novel
The Third Secret: A Novel
by Steve Berry
69 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars What an incredible book., Oct. 30 2007
What an incredible book. Once you start reading it, you won't be able to set it down. I even got yelled at by my boss for reading the book on company time. I've read it 4 times and each time is like the first time. There is alot of information to process so get ready be blown away. It's awsome. Also, if you missed reading Tino Georgiou's masterpiece--The Fates, go and read it.

Black Order: A Sigma Force Novel