Profile for M. Williams > Reviews

Content by M. Williams

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

M. Williams "Ghosthunter" (McConnellstown, Pennsylvania United States)

I Never Believed In Ghosts Until . . .
I Never Believed In Ghosts Until . . .
by USA WEEKEND
Price: CDN$ 18.00
39 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, June 11 2002
As a ghosthunter I enjoy collecting and reading good books on the paranormal. I bought this book because of the title. It is a phrase you hear the most often in dealing with people and their unseen guests. I very much enjoyed reading this book and highly recommend it. It is very well written. It takes the stories and retells them in a readable way without downplaying the experience. Appropriate for ages 11 and up. My 10 year old is reading it and he likes it very much. So, turn down the lights, grab a cup of coffee. Happy Hauntings, and good reading!

Encyclopedia Ghosts & Spirits 2nd Ed
Encyclopedia Ghosts & Spirits 2nd Ed
by Rosemary Guiley
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ghost Book, June 5 2002
This is one of the best books on ghosts and hauntings that I have read in a long time. If there is ANYTHING that you have ever wanted to know about the paranormal, this is the book for you. Very comprehensive. I recommend it to serious ghosthunters, as well as those who just enjoy the subject. Too detailed for children under the age of eleven, although it is readable for teens and adults.

Ghosts of Gettysburg: Spirits, Apparitions, and Haunted Places of the Battlefield
by Mark V. Nesbitt
18 used & new from CDN$ 3.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, May 6 2002
Mark is a great author and this book is what gave me an interest in the paranormal. He weaves the history of Gettysburg into each story and makes you want to visit the battlefield and experience it yourself. If you are planning a visit to Gettysburg, read this book and it will enhance your experience.

Animal Ark Hauntings #2: Cat in a Crypt
Animal Ark Hauntings #2: Cat in a Crypt
by Ben M Baglio
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Animal Ark Hauntings Series, April 23 2002
I bought this book for my son, and read it myself.
Although a little predictable at first, it has an interesting surprise ending. This book keeps you on the edge of your seat, and I couldn't put it down until I had finished reading it. Buy this book!You will not be disappointed!We are looking forward to the next book in this wonderful series.

Haunted Places: The natl dir Ghostly Abodes Sacred Sites UFO Landings OtherSupernatural loc
by Dennis William Hauck
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ghost Book, March 6 2002
I very much recommend this book. It is the most complete book on ghost sites I have ever read! I take this book on vacation with me and it adds more dimension to our vacations. If you want a fantastic "haunted vacation" BUY THIS BOOK!!

Shadow Castle
Shadow Castle
by Marian Cockrell
17 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Even BETTER than I remembered!, March 6 2002
This review is from: Shadow Castle (Paperback)
I read this book over thirty years ago and loaned it to a friend. I think she enjoyed it as much as I did because I never saw it again..I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to everyone. It is a wonderful story that any girl or boy (or young at heart) can loose themself into. One of the best fantasy stories I ever read as a child! I was very excited to see this book is in print again and have bought it for my own little girl.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ghosts and Hauntings
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Ghosts and Hauntings
by Tom Ogden
17 used & new from CDN$ 2.94

1.0 out of 5 stars For once a book that lives up to its name, March 6 2002
I was very disappointed with this book. I am a ghosthunter by profession and bought this book out of curiosity. It is full of misconceptions anf false information. For anyone looking for serious information on the spirits and ghosts around us, I would not recommend this book. For those looking for some fun reading around the campfire this book is better suited for this purpose. For once I can say that a book lives up to its name....the author should research a little more........

A Walk in the Woods: Rediscovering America on the Appalachian Trail (Official Guides to the Appalachian Trail)
by Bill Bryson
143 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, Feb. 2 2002
I have read this book through SEVEN times and I still laugh my head off at the antics of Bill and his friend as they hike the trail.It is a excellent book that I plan to carry and read again on the trail when I hike it in 2004. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMEND this book to everyone. Whether planning to hike the trail or not. I would not recommend it as reading for young children as there is some cussing in it.