Profile for brentbent > Reviews

Content by brentbent

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

brentbent "I love Frylock" (the rolling hills of the Palouse)

Star Trek Voyager: Season 2
Star Trek Voyager: Season 2
DVD ~ Kate Mulgrew
Price: CDN$ 54.28
21 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A bright star in the sky: an outstanding season, May 20 2004
This review is from: Star Trek Voyager: Season 2 (DVD)
Although I enjoyed season 1 of Voyager, I felt some of its episodes could have been better--especially the anti-climatic season finale that consisted of Tuvok having to train unruly Maquis cadets. Season 2 does not have this problem. From start to finish, it was a season that left me wanting to watch just one more episode before going to bed and then rewatching them. Every main character is given a chance to shine from Tuvok going berserk in Meld to Torres dealing with a delusional mega-bomb to Chakotay dealing with Seska and the Kazon (with a great return of Aron "Nog" Eisenberg as a young Kazon ready to earn his name by attempting to kill Chakotay in Initiations) in a couple of episodes. I also enjoyed the multi-episode plot arc with Paris becoming more and more of a jerk that meshes with the rogue Starfleeter who was busy betraying his comrades to the Kazon and the pregnant crewmember and her improbable baby. There were plenty of my favorite type of episodes, the "what is real/what is actually going on here" concept. Watching the Doctor announce, to the Viidean he was hot for, in the middle of surgery--like he was asking her to pass the scalpel--that he was attracted to her made me cringe with delight and it made me glad that this series continued the fish out of water/emotionally clueless character that each series has employed (Spock, Data, Odo, and the EMH Doctor). Finally, the season finale, Basics Part 1 was a romping kick in the stomach that has me desperately awaiting for the release of season 3 so I can see how the crew regains their lost ship from, as my friend calls them, the garbage head Kazons. All in all, this was one of the best seasons of any of the Star Trek series.