Profile for AliKira > Reviews

Content by AliKira

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

AliKira

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Guild Volume 1
The Guild Volume 1
by Felicia Day
Price: CDN$ 10.47
44 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Comics based upon the awesome webseries!, Sept. 16 2014
This review is from: The Guild Volume 1 (Paperback)
This graphic novel is a great purchase for anyone who really loved The Guild webseries. It's fun it includes the same characters and is more than what was just in the webseries. I truly enjoyed reading it.

Immortal
Immortal
Price: CDN$ 20.96
30 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Michael Jackson and Cirque Music!, Sept. 16 2014
This review is from: Immortal (Audio CD)
This is the soundtrack to the amazingly fun touring show that Cirque did celebrating the life and career of Michael Jackson. The musical arrangements are actually quite awesome and I think that this musical collection would be a great addition for Michael Jackson and Cirque fans alike!

Viva Elvis
Viva Elvis
Price: CDN$ 14.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 6.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The soundtrack to an amazing show!, Sept. 15 2014
This review is from: Viva Elvis (Audio CD)
I collect the soundtracks to the Cirque shows that I have had the pleasure of seeing live, and this is one of my more favourite shows, one which I'll never get the chance of seeing again because it has ended its run. But the music is well worth hearing and so I'm happy to have obtained a copy of the soundtrack before it was no longer available.

Black Bird
Black Bird
by Michel Basilieres
Price: CDN$ 15.16
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Noir Quebecois Magical Realism with a dose of awesome and history too!, Sept. 15 2014
This review is from: Black Bird (Paperback)
This book has a lot of significance to me as it was the book I was reading the day that I learned that my grandmother had died. It's a dark book, one which includes a lot of interesting historical events from Quebec history but also a book that is unique in that it features Francophone Quebecois literary style but is written in English. As a first novel this novel is amazing, but it also is among my favourite books ever. If you like magical realism this might be a good book for you. It is noir fiction as well so that might give you a better idea of whether or not you'd like to read it.

15 Canadian Poets x 3
15 Canadian Poets x 3
by Gary Geddes
Price: CDN$ 88.95
20 used & new from CDN$ 3.28

4.0 out of 5 stars A great poetry anthology, Sept. 15 2014
This review is from: 15 Canadian Poets x 3 (Paperback)
Gary Geddes is a great poet in his own right, but his editorial decisions in deciding what to include in this anthology are great too! This anthology includes some great examples of poetry from some of the most well known (and not so well known) Canadian poets. I really enjoyed reading these.

Beloved
Beloved
by Toni Morrison
Price: CDN$ 13.72
65 used & new from CDN$ 5.85

4.0 out of 5 stars A difficult but worthwhile read, Sept. 14 2014
This review is from: Beloved (Paperback)
This is not an easy read. But it is a very educational one when it comes to the plight of the African-American population during the time period highlighted in the book, in particular the plight of women. It truly is a masterful novel and one worth reading, regardless of your personal background.

The Joy Luck Club
The Joy Luck Club
by Amy Tan
Price: CDN$ 12.27
39 used & new from CDN$ 3.92

4.0 out of 5 stars A masterful tale that has inspired other similar activities, Sept. 14 2014
This review is from: The Joy Luck Club (Paperback)
This book inspired the creation of a similar club for me and my friends in the past. It is a great story that is well worth reading. It includes an Asian-American story and this is important but so too is the importance of friends which is very evident through this book. A wonderful read, I highly recommend it.

The Vagina Monologues: The V-Day Edition
The Vagina Monologues: The V-Day Edition
by Eve Ensler
117 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Key texts for personal growth and understanding, Sept. 14 2014
Eve Ensler's Vagina Monologues are masterful and include so many disparate voices talking about issues that don't get enough focus otherwise. Performed often (usually around Valentine's Day) these monologues form a text that provides much food for thought for audiences the world over. Reading these is just as valuable as seeing them performed. Wonderfully important!

Tamarind Mem
Tamarind Mem
by Anita Rau Badami
Price: CDN$ 15.16
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A women's literature book, Sept. 13 2014
This review is from: Tamarind Mem (Paperback)
I remember rather enjoying this book, but beyond that, I simply can't remember much as it has been a while since I read it. It was definitely worth reading and for that alone I would recommend it, but I can't recall much of the content at this point, so perhaps I should reread it soon?

Gossip Girl #1: A Novel by Cecily von Ziegesar
Gossip Girl #1: A Novel by Cecily von Ziegesar
by Cecily von Ziegesar
Price: CDN$ 11.70
221 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars The first book of the series, Sept. 13 2014
It's the first Gossip Girl novel. It's the first book in a series of books for young adults. I didn't find it terribly memorable. That said, I am not sure that I'm the target audience or anything, so that's fine.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6