Profile for B. Bennette > Reviews

Content by B. Bennette

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

B. Bennette "bmbennette" (Boston (Weymouth) MA)

Page: 1 | 2
First Off the Tee: Presidential Hackers, Duffers, and Cheaters, from Taft to Bush
by Don, Jr. Van Natta
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift For Golfer, March 9 2004
I don't golf. Never did. Never will. I think golf is borrrring.... but, I bought this book for a guy who loves golfing. Absolutely loves it. He claims to be good at it. Well, he loved the book. He was laughing when he told me about how much he enjoyed it. I think he really appreciated getting the book, especially getting it from someone who doesn't know a thing about golf! I recommend this as a gift for anyone who golfs. Especially someone who would enjoy the history of the presidential golfers.

Humpback Whales
Humpback Whales
by Phil Clapham
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars wow.... wow...., March 8 2004
This review is from: Humpback Whales (Paperback)
You won't get a scientific or intellectual review from me on this book. uh uh. We sailed out to Stellwagen Bank and encountered so many humpback whales... and while we were in our own little sailboat! What a thrill. After doing this a couple of times, I sought out some books on humpbacks to keep onboard. This is one of my favorites. Majestic, beautiful animals. Surreal experience... and it's nice to have a book that brings me back to those magical moments. (sigh) Wow.

Gnomes
Gnomes
by Wil Huygen
45 used & new from CDN$ 3.92

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE this book, March 8 2004
This review is from: Gnomes (Hardcover)
I absolutely love this book. I want every morsel of it to be fact, rather than fiction. I want it to be real. It's beautiful, well written... and makes a great story time for children. I really love this book!!

You're Only Old Once!: A Book for Obsolete Children
You're Only Old Once!: A Book for Obsolete Children
by Dr. Seuss
Price: CDN$ 15.15
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift For Those Milestone Birthdays!, Jan. 31 2004
When I turned a "certain age," one of my friends gave me this book (and inside was a gift certificate to a book store), and I loved it! What a great way to "present" a gift certificate for a "milestone birthday!" I have to admit that I've copied the idea and I love how people enjoy it. And, who doesn't love Dr Seuss??

Last Unicorn [Import]
Last Unicorn [Import]
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 59.57
10 used & new from CDN$ 2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Journey, Jan. 31 2004
This review is from: Last Unicorn [Import] (DVD)
I remember watching this on Cable TV when my youngest son was little. Now that I have grandchildren, I so wanted to have this again. Well, I finally got it on DVD and my grandchildren love it as much as their uncle did. The animation is beautiful... the voices are fabulous... if you have someone who loves unicorns, this is a must see!

Jonathon Livingston Seagull
Jonathon Livingston Seagull
VHS
3 used & new from CDN$ 62.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Movie, Jan. 31 2004
Great music, great photography.. and how did they ever get those wonderful shots of seagulls in flight?
I never looked at a seagul the same once I saw this movie years ago. I had to have the movie because, living near the ocean, I felt it important that my children experience "Jonathan" and his quest to be different. Great, great movie.

Celtic Tides
Celtic Tides
Price: CDN$ 13.05
23 used & new from CDN$ 9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, Eclectic Group Of Artists..., Jan. 21 2001
This review is from: Celtic Tides (Audio CD)
I love this! I saw the TV show "Celtic Tides" then immediately ordered the VHS of the show and this CD. I love this CD. Great mix of songs! If you love Celtic music, you'll love this CD.

2001 Seven Seas Calendar
2001 Seven Seas Calendar
by Ferenc Mate
Edition: CD-ROM

5.0 out of 5 stars Sailors Love It!, Jan. 21 2001
This review is from: 2001 Seven Seas Calendar (CD-ROM)
I bought this for my sailing husband for Christmas because he loved his sailing motif calendar from last year that someone bought him. I had many to choose from but settled on this one. I am glad I did,.... he really loves it. Lovely photos and information. It fuels fantasies about where to sail to when we have more time for ourselves!

Celtic Christmas
Celtic Christmas
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 35.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 16.91

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So, Jan. 21 2001
This review is from: Celtic Christmas (Audio CD)
I bought this because it was very inexpensive and I needed to stuff Christmas Stockings. I bought it for people who love Celtic music. It's a 2 CD set.... one of the CD's is very nice the other one.... forget it! I gave it 3 stars because the one CD truly deserves it.. the second cd I'll never listen to again... yeah, I bought one for myself as well as my Celtic Music gift recipients. Nothing to be excited about.

The Book of Secrets
The Book of Secrets
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favorite CD of All Time!, Jan. 21 2001
This review is from: The Book of Secrets (Audio CD)
I see 232 customers already reviewed this, so I am 233. Unbelievably beautiful, haunting, deeply touching music. Great songs, great blending of instruments. Loreena is extraordinary! Wonderful.... I highly recommend this.

Page: 1 | 2