Profile for Skye > Reviews

Content by Skye

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Skye "Skye" (Canada)

God's Diet: A Short and Simple Way to Eat Naturally, Lose Weight, and Live a Healthier Life
by Dr. Dorothy Gault-McNemee
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This isn't a religious book!, Nov. 1 2010
To all the people reviewing this book, critiquing the author's religious standpoint, you obviously missed the point of this book. It's simply called "GOD'S DIET" because of what the diet is about - eating naturally, the way that our CREATOR, whomever HE or SHE may be - intended human beings to eat! OF COURSE God didn't make Jell-O. Let's not get so technical here. Calm down. LOL

The book is about eating more in tune with the Earth, and using what GOD gave us all to get healthier and return to the roots of natural eating. It's a GREAT BOOK - GREAT CONCEPT - and I highly recommend it!

There's No Such Thing as a Dragon
There's No Such Thing as a Dragon
by Jack Kent
Price: CDN$ 8.54
41 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son LOVES this book!, Sept. 10 2010
This really is a wonderful family read! My Son is 4 1/2 yrs old and adores this book - he talks about it all the time! I highly recommend it!

Dewitched: What You Need to Know about the Dangers of Witchcraft and Wicca
Dewitched: What You Need to Know about the Dangers of Witchcraft and Wicca
by Tim Baker
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Author Is Misinformed, Aug. 7 2009
I'm not sure where the author is getting his information about Wicca, but he's got it all wrong. Tim Baker clearly does not grasp the concept of what Paganism or Wicca is. He wrote a book without doing any research or keeping an open mind to the opposing point of view, which all good authors do. Wicca is not "dangerous" as Tim claims it to be. If more and more people are finding Wicca, it's because they are searching for something more than what they have been told was gospel their whole lives. People are starting to think outside the box and are looking to religions that allow more freedom of movement, which Wicca provides. Wicca is an Earth based belief system, in that all living things are a part of the Goddess and God. There must be a balance for anything to exist. There you go, I've just written something useful and perhaps I've opened the eyes of someone out there who may have been thinking about purchasing this book. The only useful thing about this book is to use it as a coffee coaster.

How to Give an Angel Card Reading Kit
How to Give an Angel Card Reading Kit
by Doreen Virtue
Edition: Cards
9 used & new from CDN$ 77.06

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Start For Beginning Readers!, Jan. 9 2009
Okay first of all, I won't even justify the previous reviewers review with a response except to say that if you feel that talking to angels is a bad thing, that's fine - but don't push your own personal beliefs on others in a review on a product on amazon.ca, it's not the place for that.

Secondly, I was given this deck as a gift and although I have been reading Tarot and oracles for many years, I found this to be a great starting point for people who are looking to work with angels and white light energy while reading the cards. In Tarot, there are some cards that tend to scare people off even though they aren't meant to. In Doreen's decks, every card is positive and beautiful. The DVD is peaceful and very informative. The guidebook is a real help as well, and the cards themselves are gorgeous.

Biggest Loser V2 Workout
Biggest Loser V2 Workout
DVD ~ DVD
Offered by Moviezone
Price: CDN$ 8.99
13 used & new from CDN$ 5.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Workout!, June 27 2007
This review is from: Biggest Loser V2 Workout (DVD)
As the other reviewers have stated, you can pick and choose segments to suit the time you have to workout. A little hard on the knees because there's a lot of lunging forward and some jumping - however, you can tailor that to suit you if you have knee pain like I do. Great workout, it's like having a trainer in your home. I highly recommend this DVD, and the first one too!

Book Of Dreams
Book Of Dreams
by Sylvia Browne
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Really Helped Me, Dec 8 2006
My Mother gave me this book because she knows I have dreams that are often disturbing and eerie. This book helped me make sense of those dreams and come to a place in my mind where I know what they are trying to tell me. Thanks Sylvia.

Mutant Message Down Under
Mutant Message Down Under
by Marlo Morgan
Price: CDN$ 13.36
81 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is by far my favorite book!, Oct. 23 2005
This book made me really look at the things we're doing wrong as a civilization! Fact or fiction, this story has a strong message about life. I have no idea if Marlo Morgan really was "chosen" by the Tribe's people to present and relay a message to the rest of the world. But wouldn't it be neat to think that they really do have a wise and intelligent message to send? I recommend this book to anyone who looks for a deeper meaning to why we are here in the first place.