Profile for Staid S Barr > Reviews

Content by Staid S Barr

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Staid S Barr

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide: Season 3
Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide: Season 3
DVD ~ Devon Werkheiser

1.0 out of 5 stars How many times? Going for a record!, Sept. 14 2011
Earlier this year (2011), this item was offered for sale. I pre-ordered, but after long delays was informed that the release had been delayed/postponed/cancelled...

In August, the item was up for sale again, delivery time of 2 weeks. I ordered again, and guess what? The item just disappeared from my order list without any comment. I can't make enquiries, since the the order # has disappeared with the order entry.
And the item has again disappeared from the catalogue.

Bad marks for the publisher for not completing the release of all three seasons, and bad marks for Amazon for not getting its communication right.

Edit:

And then it was announced again for February 7, 2012. But guess what? Instead of a shipment confirmation, there is another announcement of a delay, probably the first step in a record third time cancellation. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!

Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide: Season 1
Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide: Season 1
Price: CDN$ 10.93
11 used & new from CDN$ 7.44

1.0 out of 5 stars They did it again, or rather, they didn't..., May 22 2011
Meaning that we are promised a complete set of all seasons, and now we are informed that the final 3d season will not be available. I can (sometimes) understand that publishers stop after the first season if there is insufficient interest, but stopping just before the final season is perverse, leaving collectors with another incomplete set.

I'd be tempted to advise never to buy television series until the complete set is available, but I suppose that would only lead publishers to decide even earlier that there is no interest for the product, leading to even more cancellations. And I am not making this up. Anybody else still waiting for the final season of say, Mork & Mindy, or Unfabulous?