ARRAY(0xb3692468)

Profile for Dana Cavener > Reviews

Content by Dana Cavener

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Dana Cavener (Helena, MT)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky
Price: CDN$ 11.19
90 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It Truly Touched Me -- what can I say?, July 5 2005
In this day and age when people are so cynical and cruel, it was a pleasure to read a book from the point of view of a genuinely nice person. Charlie is a "wallflower," meaning he stands back timidly watching others live life, afraid to participate. In the course of the novel, we watch Charlie grow: make friends, go to parties, participate, even fall in love -- in other words, come out of his shell. And by the end we discover why Charlie is unable to participate in life until now; we come to understand the source of his pain. I truly loved this book; and I don't care if other people put it down! The chapters are written in letter format, and the writing is smooth and unpretentious. This is definitely the best book I've read since THE LOSERS CLUB: Complete Restored Edition by Richard Perez. And I discovered both books on Amazon. Anyway, if you like genuinely beautiful people, I'm sure you'll love the protagonist of this novel. You may even shed a tear for Charlie...bottom line: you'll be moved!