Profile for Tanika L. Carroll > Reviews

Content by Tanika L. Carroll

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tanika L. Carroll (McDonough, GA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
La Dona
La Dona
Price: CDN$ 8.25
28 used & new from CDN$ 1.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad Tina, July 19 2004
This review is from: La Dona (Audio CD)
Although I didn't purchase the album just yet, I have heard the whole album at Barnes and Noble where I work, and I must say that it is very good. I have heard Tina Marie's past music but only the singles that have come out at that time. I never purchased any of her albums, but I think I will make it a point to buy this one. Usually when artists who haven't had an album in over 10 years tries to come out with something new, it doesn't sound good. But Tina did a good job on this one.

I Dont Wanna Know (3 Mixes)
I Dont Wanna Know (3 Mixes)
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 16.21
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.54

1.0 out of 5 stars OH BOY!!!, July 18 2004
When I first heard this single, I thought it was really nice. Until, I REALLY heard the song. Then my right eyebrow rose up in disbelief. You mean to tell me, he is going to sit there and allow a female to punk him by cheating on him, and he doesn't wanna know about it??? He wants her to keep it on the low...WOW!!! Remind me not to run into him on the street, cause I would just shake my head at him and tell him to get a backbone. I'm a woman myself, and although I would like to have a sensative brotha, I don't want a weak punk like him. I don't know how the rest of the album is, but I have heard the second single and I saw the video with the nasty lookin' dude that's rapping in the video, and I just shook my head again, and said "Damn, that's a punk" and turned the channel. From what I'm reading from the other members who have rated his album, he might want to consider sticking to producing, and leaving the singing to the rest of the talented Winans family.

Push: A Novel
Push: A Novel
by Sapphire
Price: CDN$ 12.24
153 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, June 20 2004
This review is from: Push: A Novel (Paperback)
I couldn't put this book down for nothing. This book is very moving and powerful. I never even heard of Sapphire until a woman recommended it to me while browsing in the bookstore. I am in the process of purchasing her previous book American Dreams. I hope that it is just as good, and I hope she plans on writing other books in the future.

Damita Jo (Advisory)
Damita Jo (Advisory)
Price: CDN$ 14.95
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Damita Jo, April 1 2004
This review is from: Damita Jo (Advisory) (Audio CD)
To all the people who have given this album a 1 star, you have truly lost your minds. You don't know good music. And u are probably Britney Spears fans. I can't say enough about this album. This album is unbelieveable. I can't say anything else about it.

Bad Girlz: A Novel
Bad Girlz: A Novel
by Shannon Holmes
Price: CDN$ 12.64
63 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Real Good Book, Feb. 1 2004
This review is from: Bad Girlz: A Novel (Paperback)
I enjoyed this book very much. I thought that Shannon Holmes did a good job with it. I will admit that it is not good like "B-More Careful. I liked the character Tender. I thought she was a strong-willed person despite everything she's gone through. Good job Shannon Holmes.

Fefe Dobson
Fefe Dobson
Offered by Music on the Web
Price: CDN$ 5.28
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!, Jan. 30 2004
This review is from: Fefe Dobson (Audio CD)
You have got to be kidding?!!!?? Okay, here's the deal. I love to see my people make it in the world. We've been struggling enough as it is. But for this black chick to start making grunge albums is too much for me to bare. When I first heard fefe Dobson, I thought just another grunge person on the scene. But when I saw her, I damn near fainted. FeFe, we sing R&B, Rap, and Jazz, and the blues not grunge or punk my dear. So, I gave this album one star because she's a black artist. Other than that, even though I don't have this album, it sucks.

Dutch: The First of a Trilogy
Dutch: The First of a Trilogy
by Teri Woods
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars It was all right, Jan. 28 2004
I liked the book. I thought that some of the stuff was pretty unbelievable, but than it's just fiction. There is no way that a shoot out could occur in the courtroom like that. I thought "True to the Game" was really good. I was hoping this book would have been just as good if not better, but I see that it isn't. It is a good book though.

Dumb As Me: Women Gave Him Comfort, Misusing Them Gave Him More
Dumb As Me: Women Gave Him Comfort, Misusing Them Gave Him More
by Michael Gainer
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Not that great, Jan. 27 2004
I thought that when I bought this book, that it'll be a good one...NOT!!! I gave it 2 stars because it was ok for a start, but I won't be buying any more of his books. I thought the chapters were too short and to the point. It was like "I f'd her real good and I got outta there"...Next chapter. Then, the ending was just as ridiculous as the rest of the book. The other reason why I didn't enjoy this book, there were too many typos. I'm sorry, I'm all for supporting black owned publishing companies and all, but have better editors, I found sentences that were run-ons,words that were spelled wrong...Okay, listen, do not buy this book at all.

Comin' From Where I'm From
Comin' From Where I'm From
Price: CDN$ 9.49
26 used & new from CDN$ 5.09

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright, Jan. 17 2004
The songs he has on here are decent. I wouldn't actually play the CD every single day, like I do a lot of my CD's. But his CD is the type I'll play once in a while. I would recommend it, but borrow it first and see if u like it enough to buy it. It's a whole lot better than Alicia Keys. That much I can say.

Out of Time
Out of Time
DVD ~ Denzel Washington
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 17.45
41 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me on the edge of my bed, Jan. 14 2004
This review is from: Out of Time (DVD)
I loved this movie. One of the best movies I've seen all year. I'm a big fan of Sanaa Lathan, and Denzel Washington, and it was great seeing them play in a movie together. But to watch Denzel Washington sweat ... everytime he thought he was caught, had to be the best, cause he's always playing a character that's tough or the handsome save me guy. But this time, he was into something that was too much for him. I loved it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12