Profile for Joey Lott > Reviews

Content by Joey Lott

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Joey Lott (Los Angeles, CA)

Macromedia MX: Building Rich Internet Applications
Macromedia MX: Building Rich Internet Applications
by Robert Reinhardt
18 used & new from CDN$ 1.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource from two leading experts, March 6 2003
I received my copy of Macromedia MX: Building Rich Internet Applications today, and I am very impressed. Robert and Simon do an excellent job of making the MX suite of products really accessible to beginning AND advanced developers, and I think everyone can find something of value in the book. I think they achieved a good balance between theory and hands-on, practical exercises in order to help you to not only grasp the concepts, but also learn how to apply those concepts to real application development.
I think it is important to point out that this book is not intended to replace other books that address each of the products/technologies in depth. Instead, I see that this book does two very important things: First of all, it helps readers find a really solid starting place with all these technologies in order to know what does what and how. And secondly, this book complements other related books in that it is the only book (that I know of) that shows you how to integrate all these products to produce rich internet applications.
As always, Robert and Simon have translated their knowledge, expertise, and experience into a format that is easy and enjoyable to read. I have worked together with both Simon and Robert, and it is a real treat to see the fruits of their collaboration. Macromedia MX: Building Rich Internet Applications is a real winner.

Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
by Eric Butterworth
Price: CDN$ 10.79
33 used & new from CDN$ 4.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Truth, written with clarity, Jan. 11 2002
Eric Butterworth speaks with amazing strength and authority that does not waiver. I most appreciate his honesty and authenticity. If you want to read a book about magical, mysterious powers or superstitious rituals, don't read this book. This is a book about understanding who you are, and knowing that there is nothing outside of you. There is nothing magical about that. Specifically around the area of economics, Rev. Butterworth shows you where you have hidden beliefs that limit your experience of infinite abundance that you already are. I would recommend (and do) this book to everyone.

A Shadow on the Glass (The View from the Mirror, Book 1)
A Shadow on the Glass (The View from the Mirror, Book 1)
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem, Jan. 11 2002
I picked up this book at the grocery store on Christmas day because I wanted to read something. It would be an understatement to say that it exceeded my expectations. Ian Irvine creates a world and characters of depth and complexity. The thing that stands out most for me is that no one seems to be the "good guy" or the "bad guy". Each character is real, believable, and likeable in their own way. I highly recommend this book.