Profile for Clean Jean > Reviews

Content by Clean Jean

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Clean Jean (ON CANADA)

Page: 1 | 2
In All Generations: Tracing a History of the Grace of God Through Ten Generations
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Tracing God's Faithfulness through Ten Generations of the Upton Family, May 3 2014
I have read this author's book thoroughly and can report that it is very interesting and well written. Because of Gordon Upton's access to family journals and Bibles, and from his careful genealogical research, he has been able to prove the premise of the book, the faithfulness of God to generations of faithful people in the author's ancestry and descendants. This book will appeal to and encourage those who believe in raising children by Biblical standards. I highly recommend this book by a Canadian author.

Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 2 (U.K. Edition)
DVD ~ Hugh Bonneville
Price: CDN$ 28.99
37 used & new from CDN$ 13.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 2 - Downton Abbey, Sept. 16 2012
Season 2 did not disappoint, in fact, it left us wishing for more. Some new twists were added to the story and we can't wait for Season 3 to be available. This is one of our very favourite DVD sets.

Billy: The Early Years Of Billy Graham [Import]
Billy: The Early Years Of Billy Graham [Import]
DVD ~ Armie Hammer
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 52.74
6 used & new from CDN$ 33.81

5.0 out of 5 stars The Early Years of Billy Graham, June 9 2012
I really love having this DVD as part of our library. Being an admirer of Billy Graham, I am familiar with much of his history, but wanted to see how Chuck Templeton would be portrayed. This movie showed a sensitivity in this regard and reflected the never-changing affection in which Charles Templeton was held by Billy Graham, even though there was a rift in their spiritual views, as time went on. This is a wonderful story and we've shown it to several of our friends.

A Shine of Rainbows (Bilingual)
A Shine of Rainbows (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Connie Nielsen
Price: CDN$ 9.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars An Irish Tale, June 9 2012
I was rather disappointed in this DVD. Being a first-generation Canadian of Irish descent, I was told that I simply must see this movie so really looked forward to getting it. However, I felt that it pulled out every emotional stop possible regarding pathos, drama, and was a bit "over the top" in that department. The story seemed very contrived to wring out every emotional drop of the viewer. Nevertheless, it was a clean, family-type movie and it is one I will keep. I loved the Irish scenery, the homes, the accents (some sounding Scottish from Scotland), and believe many people with Irish roots would enjoy it, also.

Harbinger, The
Harbinger, The
by Jonathan Cahn
Price: CDN$ 12.63
43 used & new from CDN$ 9.83

4.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing The Harbinger, June 9 2012
This review is from: Harbinger, The (Paperback)
This is a most interesting book. What pleased me was the footnotes for each fact. Otherwise, one would hardly believe what the author is saying. The facts are presented as a novel in this book. The only criticism I have is that the author uses a style which has the prophet and the main character repeating the facts in a question-and answer style many times. I found that rather tedious reading near the last part of the book. I'm glad I have the book and have passed it on to someone else whose opinions mirror my own.

The Israel Omen II
The Israel Omen II
by David J. Brennan
Price: CDN$ 17.06
22 used & new from CDN$ 3.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewing The Israel Omen II, Jan. 18 2012
This review is from: The Israel Omen II (Paperback)
I first heard about The Isreal Omen II on the radio and it sounded very interesting. I am happy to say that it was well worth the purchase. It is full of fascinating information including events we have lived through. I bought the book for my husband and he can hardly put it down. So that speaks for itself. Also, the book arrived in good time. We are very pleased with this purchase.

The Researchers Library of Ancient Texts: Volume One -- The Apocrypha: Includes the Books of Enoch, Jasher, and Jubilees
by Thomas Horn
18 used & new from CDN$ 31.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating Ancient Texts, Jan. 12 2012
Volume One of The Researchers Library of Ancient Texts arrived yesterday, ahead of schedule. The print is of a comfortable size, easy to read, and the book stays flat when the pages are turned. I heard a radio interview by the man who owns the publishing company. He stated that he had carefully chosen the finest texts which did not have extraneous insertions which were not credible. This is a very interesting book for lovers of the Bible and lovers of history, bearing in mind that these ancient texts are not in the canon of Scripture of the King James Version of the Bible and are not equal to the Biblical texts. Read as history, they are fascinating. I am so glad I ordered this book.

A Dublin Student Doctor: An Irish Country Novel
A Dublin Student Doctor: An Irish Country Novel
by Patrick Taylor
Price: CDN$ 23.19
48 used & new from CDN$ 0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Patrick Taylor Book Yet!!, Jan. 12 2012
I so enjoyed Dr.Patrick Taylor's 6th book in the Dr. Fingal Flahertie O'Reilly series, having read the previous five. What a great story teller he is! He captures the Irish culture perfectly. My parents immigrated to Canada from Ballymoney, Co. Antrim, and when I read Taylor's books, I am transported back there (where I have visited twice) and can hear the cadences of my parents' speech and expressions. I hope Taylor is working on the 7th book. (I have bought "An Irish Country Village" as a hostess gift to give to Canadian friends from Holywood, Co. Down. She received her nurses' training in Belfast and I anticipate her enjoyment of Taylor's account.) Thank you, Patrick Taylor! In "A Dublin Student Doctor," it was fitting that he should have a Dr. Greer coming from Ballymoney where the name, Greer, is known from the firm of lawyers in the town. Brilliant! (I plan to get my soon-to-be 88-year-old sister, born near Ballymoney, started on Taylor's books for her February birthday.)

In the Company of Others: A Father Tim Novel
In the Company of Others: A Father Tim Novel
by Jan Karon
175 used & new from CDN$ 0.35

5.0 out of 5 stars Jan Karon's Book 2 in the Father Tim series, Dec 27 2010
Finally I was able to purchase Book 2 after eagerly awaiting its release and having loved Book 1 so much. Jan Karon does not disappoint and I have given both Books 1 and 2 as gifts to others. For anyone interested in genealogy, especially Irish genealogy, this book will be greatly enjoyed. Now I am hoping Book 3 is in the works!

An Irish Country Christmas
An Irish Country Christmas
by Patrick Taylor
Price: CDN$ 13.36
65 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Patrick Taylor's Christmas Book, Dec 27 2010
I bought this book on a whim, because of my Irish roots, but expected it to be hoky! Was I ever in for a nice surprise. I loved the book so much that my husband went out and bought two more of Patrick Taylor's books for me and I unwrapped them under the Christmas tree. I have been writing to my Irish friends recommending these books. Strangely enough, those who live in Ireland can't seem to find them over there!

Page: 1 | 2