Profile for E. Stubna > Reviews

Content by E. Stubna

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

E. Stubna (Pittsburgh, PA United States)

Page: 1 | 2
Quick Fix: Total Mix - Complete Total Body Workout System (Full Screen)
Quick Fix: Total Mix - Complete Total Body Workout System (Full Screen)
DVD ~ Minna Lessig, Nancy Popp
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 63.77
6 used & new from CDN$ 24.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, June 6 2004
I got this less than a week ago and tried all the programs straight through, as well as using the "blender" feature. Wish there was one of these for aerobics! I loved Nancy Popp in the Steel 2000 series and she's just as good here. Some of the segments are easier than others so there's a perfect workout for every day here!

Dreamcatcher
Dreamcatcher
Offered by vidsale
Price: CDN$ 17.95
6 used & new from CDN$ 7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Stephen King's Best, Nov. 28 2003
This review is from: Dreamcatcher (VHS Tape)
We watched this last night, and I am an avid Stephen King fan. I read the book when it first came out and was unimpressed. I have been unimpressed by most of his recent (5-10 years) stuff. But the book was a pleasant way to kill some winter hours. The video was impressively true to the book. There are only two scenes I can think of that were missing from the movie, that were in the book (I'm sure there are more but I don't remember them): the approval of Duddits' mom from the get-go (in the movie we don't meet her until the end) and when Mr. Gray stops in a diner to eat for the first time in a human body (would have been a great scene).
I think the movie was a good adaptation of a so-so/weird book. I prefer Stephen King's mind-thrilling twisting plots with plenty of down-to-earth irony and horror (like Christine, Carrie, Needful Things), not far-fetched sci-fi imagination with no catharsis.

Yoga for Abs - Yoga Zone - DVD
Yoga for Abs - Yoga Zone - DVD
DVD ~ Yoga Zone
Price: CDN$ 11.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 2.17

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much of a challenge, May 28 2003
Not much of a challenge but a good alternative in your workout menu.

Fat Burning - Yoga Zone - DVD
Fat Burning - Yoga Zone - DVD
DVD ~ Yoga Zone
Price: CDN$ 11.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, May 20 2003
For yoga, this really makes you move and does built heat and increase your heart rate. I got into Yoga as something different from aerobics but quickly realized it does not replace cardio - it supplements it. This workout, though, does what it promises - as well as being relaxing, it also really works you out. I consider myself to be in the best shape of my life and can get through an entire hour of kickboxing and still think this is a good supplemental (or even a good light-day full workout).

Yoga Zone: Stretching for Flexibility (Beginner to Intermediate)
Yoga Zone: Stretching for Flexibility (Beginner to Intermediate)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful!, May 11 2003
I am in my mid-thirties and am finding I am losing some of my flexiblity. This video is easy-to-follow, and after one week, I find myself more flexible than before. Yoga Zone workouts are a great value, as the other reviewer stated. For your money, this is the way to go.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade [Old Version]
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Upgrade [Old Version]
2 used & new from CDN$ 122.33

5.0 out of 5 stars I love XP!, May 11 2003
My fiance and mom both aren't comfortable with Windows XP and I've heard tons of horror stories about bugs and incompatibility. But from the day I opened XP I was hooked! A much more attractive look and a very user-friedly interface.

Hearts In Atlantis
Hearts In Atlantis
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.92
100 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good one by the master, May 11 2003
This was a super book - part stort stories, part horror, part slice-of-life. The movie they created from this missed 2/3 of the book so I don't recommend that.

Dead Zone
Dead Zone
4 used & new from CDN$ 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars As close to perfect as you can get!, May 11 2003
This review is from: Dead Zone (VHS Tape)
This is one of my all-time favorite Stephen King stories. Not only does the video stay true to the book, it is well-made. Christopher Walken and Brooke Adams are a formidable team. This story answers the question, "if you knew, when Adolph Hitler was a young boy, what he would turn into, what would you do when no one believed you?" This story answers that question without a cut-and-dry "let him live" or "kill him." A brilliant piece of work in the tradition of Stephen King.

Desperation
Desperation
by Stephen King
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
54 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not up to his usual brilliance, May 11 2003
I was disappointed with this book, as well as The Regulators. These are the books from Stephen King that I read and promptly forgot. They were good entertainment while I was reading them, but they were just not "unforgettable."

Thinner
Thinner
7 used & new from CDN$ 1.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Great King Tale!, May 7 2003
This review is from: Thinner (VHS Tape)
This is a super story with a great lesson behind it (which most of King's stories have if you really notice them). "Be careful what you wish for" and "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!"

Page: 1 | 2