Profile for ProudBookWorm > Reviews

Content by ProudBookWorm

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

ProudBookWorm "jbt-wny" (Reynoldsburg, Ohio United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Los Zapaticos de Rosa
Los Zapaticos de Rosa
by Jose Marti
19 used & new from CDN$ 6.26

5.0 out of 5 stars My Childhood Poem, July 9 2004
This review is from: Los Zapaticos de Rosa (Hardcover)
My favorite aunt, Aunt Martha entertained me as a toddler with this poem for the four short years I knew her. It was not until I stumbled across it at the age of 20 while doing research in college that I remembered how I loved this poem. This book allows me to beautifully share this poem with my child, the first member of my family born outside of Cuba or Spain. I am thrilled to have found it in a form a child will readily enjoy - great illustrations, I hope my daughter will grow to enjoy the beauty of the poetry through the years.

Quick & Easy Indian Cooking
Quick & Easy Indian Cooking
by Madhur Jaffrey
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent food - excellent book!, Dec 19 2003
I discovered Indian food on a trip to England years ago - this is the first book I bought on Indian food and still my top favorite! The meals are great, easy to prepare, one pot wonders, and the food is wonderful! One week during grad school finals I announced to my non-cooking husband that he'd have to make dinner for the next week - he used this book and the food was perfect. A great buy and a must for every kitchen where good food is appreciated. If you have never tried Indian food before - Oh! What you are missing is a shame.

The Monster at the End of This Book (Sesame Street)
The Monster at the End of This Book (Sesame Street)
by Jon Stone
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 6.18
105 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific!, Nov. 7 2003
My now 2 year old has had this for about a year. We still get regular requests for it to be read, and we've read it so often she can now read certain words on the page to herself. She loves this book.

The Da Vinci Code: A Novel
The Da Vinci Code: A Novel
by Dan Brown
Price: CDN$ 20.69
548 used & new from CDN$ 0.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Umberto Eco Meets Indiana Jones-Terrific, Aug. 7 2003
This book is everything its fans say it is. The story is fast moving, intelligent, fascinating, and the mystery is wonderful. Absolutely perfect.

Club Dead: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Club Dead: A Sookie Stackhouse Novel
Price: CDN$ 9.49
232 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best one so far!, June 4 2003
I have enjoyed all three books in this series so far, but this is the best. I had to read the first 70 to 80 pages of the first two before I couldn't put them down. This third one, however, was an instant page turner. The male lead has never done much for me, but the author has three other males around that I really like - Alcide, Sam, and Eric.

Shakespeare's Christmas: A Lily Bard Mystery
Shakespeare's Christmas: A Lily Bard Mystery
35 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Nicer and nicer, April 24 2003
This fourth book in the Lily Bard/Shakespeare series continues the trend and is better than the third book. This is the first, and only book, to take place outside Shakespeare, Arkansas. This visit home was a nice way to fill out Lily Bard's character and the action/mystery at home is compelling. A very nicely written story.

Shakespeare's Champion
Shakespeare's Champion
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good continuation, April 24 2003
This review is from: Shakespeare's Champion (Hardcover)
This second book in the Lily Bard/Shakespeare series was nicely written and entertaining. Ms. Harris did a terrific job weaving the plot and introducing Jack Leeds. This story brings together the rather sick thoughts hidden behind the gentile Southern manner of a few of the Shakespeare mighty. My my, what you don't know.

Shakespeare's Trollop
Shakespeare's Trollop
22 used & new from CDN$ 2.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well presented issues, April 24 2003
This review is from: Shakespeare's Trollop (Hardcover)
This book did a very good job bringing up some very interesting questions about what stereotypes we assign to loose women and the fates that await them. The character murdered in this book (4th in the series) has been briefly discussed and analyzed in prior books. It was very interesting to see how and why she was murdered - and the reaction people had to it.

Shakespeare's Counselor
Shakespeare's Counselor
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Best of the Series, April 24 2003
I thought this book (#5) was the best of the series! I was all wrong about who the perpetrator was, and I was pleased with the way the mystery was resolved. This one was darker than the previous four books, but it was very much in line with who Lily Bard is. I was glad to see the character address certain issues that seemed so obviously to stalk her from book 1. Would love to have a sixth book in the series to enjoy.

Shakespeare's Landlord
Shakespeare's Landlord
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Good and interesting, April 24 2003
I enjoyed this first book in the Lily Bard/Shakespeare series. The mystery is not one with too many twists and turns, but the characters, especially the protagonist, are nice to know. I have read each of the next four books and enjoyed each one a little bit more than the first.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5