Profile for La Regina > Reviews

Content by La Regina

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

La Regina "Neg" (Canada)

English Made Easy Grade 6
English Made Easy Grade 6
by Dorling Kindersley
Price: CDN$ 10.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Practice for English in Junior Grades, Oct. 5 2010
Hi. I am a school teacher and always looking for new and interesting resources for my classrooms. I first saw this book at the Public Library in our little town and was quite impressed by it. Flipping through the pages, you have a variety of captivating exercises for children ages 8-9-10...then I realized you can get this same book for younger grades as well. Excellent supplemental resource for parents who would like to improve "English Language Skills" for their children at home as well.

The Invention of Hugo Cabret: Library Edition Audio Book
The Invention of Hugo Cabret: Library Edition Audio Book
by Brian Selznick
Edition: Audio CD
Price: CDN$ 34.64
12 used & new from CDN$ 34.64

4.0 out of 5 stars Is it in English?, Sept. 3 2007
That was the comment thrown at me by someone who randomly saw the cover of this book and thought I was reading a book in Spanish. Yes, the cover is very mysterious looking and eye catching. As a grade 3/4 English teacher, I started reading this book to see if it could be of interest as a "read aloud" to my students in grade four on the first day of school. Well,... maybe not exactly the very first day, ... but YES... I found out that it is a great book for children of that age. It is full of mysteries and darkness, but the appropriate kind where I don't feel like I need to censore any parts in order to move ahead. However, you never know if you'll end up with a student in your class whose parents don't allow them to even read Harry Potter books. I highly reccommend this book for the younger junior readers (10-11-12). The story line has a good VOICE and VISUAL EFFECTS to allow for the child's imagination to roam. Special parts where the robot (mechanical automata man) starts to pick up a pen and draw/write things down... creates a very exciting atmosphere and good "teaching moment" for creative writing.

Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way: How to Be a More Effective Leader in Today's Schools
by Robert D. Ramsey
15 used & new from CDN$ 43.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great easy read for Principals to be, Aug. 31 2005
This is a very useful and good book to read for educators seeking new admin positions. The fashion in which Ramsey lists things and pin points facts makes remembering and recalling his facts easy.As an educator with 15 years of teaching experience, I thought I'd explore the field of administration in education. I have taken several Principal's courses which are the first steps to getting into a Vice Principal's position, but I've never built the courage to apply for such a position. Several friends who have moved into such admin positions ask me why I don't make a move in that direction and I also ask myself why I'm not taking any steps in that direction. I never had a clear answer until I read this book by Ramsey. It really hit a nerve with me. In simple words it opened my eyes to the fact that at this point in time of my career I need to GET OUT OF THE WAY. The rest is yours to read. I highly reccomend this book to educators seeking positions in the admin areas.