Profile for Windy Feet > Reviews

Content by Windy Feet

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Windy Feet

Her Fearful Symmetry
Her Fearful Symmetry
by Audrey Niffenegger
Price: CDN$ 15.16
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding Read, July 6 2013
This review is from: Her Fearful Symmetry (Paperback)
This is a very captivating story, from the author that gave us the Time Traveller's Wife. It takes place in the very near vicinity of Highgate Cemetery (London, UK) and within it. I have never seen, heard, or read the way Niffenegger brings a ghost to life, and the method it employs to communicate. I recently toured the west cemetery of Highgate (where this takes place), and was amazed that many of the described scenes actually exist.
The characters in this book are very diverse, and we easily develope "in our mind's eye" a vivid picture of them. The ending of the story absolutely rocked me. One could almost say there are 3 superb endings. It will take a very special reader to predict the ending that just comes roaring up, and delivers a knockout blow to the mind. Whew,........

West Coast Bodybuilding Scene: The Golden Era
West Coast Bodybuilding Scene: The Golden Era
by Dick Tyler
8 used & new from CDN$ 39.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bodybuilding Must Read, Aug. 23 2012
This is a real telling of a bygone era. The Era that I grew up in. This is written as a sort of day-by-day accounting of how the bodybuilding scene was. It must be very close to the truth as I used to read the Weider Bodbuilding magazines and some of this was told in them. It will reveal a true brotherhood, and not the "at all costs" scene of today. Tyler is able to also get across a vivid mental picture of California life at that time. I always wanted to get there as a teenager and of course there was no way. This writing gives the reader a great idea of this mythical mecca, and it's giants. Also it does not really get into bodybuilding routines as such. It is like a multi-biography of all the greats.

Incredible Hulk (Bilingual)
Incredible Hulk (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Edward Norton
Price: CDN$ 9.88
34 used & new from CDN$ 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, Aug. 23 2012
This review is from: Incredible Hulk (Bilingual) (DVD)
As a Hulk fan I thouroghly enjoyed this movie. Ed Norton does quite a good piece of acting here. The scenes are done exceptionly well, especially the scene outdoors at the university. Liv Tyler is awesome in her rather emotional role. The storey line is acceptable - being that many other comic book type shows are not. I also enjoyed the original movie by Ang Lee. See, a "hooked" Hulk fan.

Welcome 2 My Nightmare
Welcome 2 My Nightmare
Price: CDN$ 11.31
24 used & new from CDN$ 3.12

4.0 out of 5 stars ALICE REINCARNATE, Feb. 28 2012
This review is from: Welcome 2 My Nightmare (Audio CD)
This album bridges the 40 some years since the first "Welcome To My Nightmare" was released, and it does it perfectly. Some of the tie-ins are obvious, and some that only a lover of that first album will be able to connect. My son, who rarely appreciates "our time" music, scoffed at another return of Alice. However, after he had to listen to it twice (due to his procimity to the stereo) was lauding what a great album this is. I agree! Put this album on your at least must listen to, if not on your must purchase list. You will enjoy it for what it is!!

Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Price: CDN$ 17.32
98 used & new from CDN$ 6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Written Book - EVER!, Dec 12 2011
I began this book thinking it may have a lot of "dry", prolonged, monotonous parts. In short order I discovered this not to be true. It is an amazing accounting of the troubled times, and the way that A. Lincoln handled each problem. This book surely delved into the back stories of the major characters, and became a quadography of the them and their families. Some intriquing stories also come forth, such as the White House being open daily for the President to meet with the long line of everyday people to discuss their issues. Simply put this is the BEST BOOK I'VE EVER READ.

What Were Once Vices ...
What Were Once Vices ...
Price: CDN$ 16.99
28 used & new from CDN$ 7.35

5.0 out of 5 stars An Absolute Must., Oct. 8 2011
This is the finest music from the Doobie Brothers. All and, I mean all) of the tracks are excellent listening.This is the work that put the Doobies "over the top" in 70's.I purchased this CD to help lessen the play of my original vinyl album, thus preserving it. The two tracks that I like the most are, "Black Water" and "Eyes of Silver".

Woodstock Two
Woodstock Two
Price: CDN$ 26.94
19 used & new from CDN$ 7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Living in the past, March 6 2011
This review is from: Woodstock Two (Audio CD)
This is still a personal joy to listen too. My original vinyl album met it's demise and I am happy to have this copy of the original. This is a well done project. Very satisfying.

Woodstock: Music From The Original Soundtrack and More
Woodstock: Music From The Original Soundtrack and More
Price: CDN$ 20.86
31 used & new from CDN$ 7.53

5.0 out of 5 stars I Remember, Aug. 8 2010
This is one of those classic albums that I always wanted, but for one reason or another never got around to acquiring. I am from that era, and fully understand that this event was one for the ages. As I listened to it now I realize that some listeners would think that some of the spoken words from the stage sound rather weak, but that only makes the album real. Those words from the stage make this genuine and sincere for those of us from that time. It is the way it was! The Music istself is priceless and I absolutely loved it, as I was taken back to that very special time of life. I was very pleased that the sound quality was so good.
I played this album so much in the first week that I know I must purchase the follow up album (Woodstock 2) to this one. Play it loud and enjoy!