Profile for Herzog > Reviews

Content by Herzog

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Herzog "nikulo" (United States)

The New Vegan Cookbook: Innovative Vegetarian Recipes Free of Dairy, Eggs and Cholesterol
by Lorna Sass
29 used & new from CDN$ 0.17

5.0 out of 5 stars This cookbook is wonderful!, Feb. 8 2004
I did try more than once almost all dishes in this book and they are all wonderful. As a vegetarian I was tired of salads and was curious about vegan alternative. I borrowed many books from library and after looking and trying many different things I thought this book is above all others! It delivers consistency and delicious results every single time! I purchased 2 of her books. Lorna knows how to combine flavor with practicality. I don't know how somebody ranked this book with one star, I think person must be complete klutz. I am very enthusiastic about this book. It has become staple in our kitchen. And I would encourage to browse through her other books-although there are some meat dishes, I am crazy about Grand Marnier tofu sauce-forget chocolate-this is the best treat ever!
I would give this book 6 stars if I could.

Raw
Raw
by Charlie Trotter
16 used & new from CDN$ 28.86

5.0 out of 5 stars The best food if you have time & patience, Feb. 8 2004
This review is from: Raw (Hardcover)
This book looks beautiful. It is definitely not for someone trying to cook in a hurry. It is complicated book with many steps requiring days of preparation. But I decided to try...I made a goal to make one dish per week. I had to start shopping for ingredients Wednesday-buying stuff in Asian market, Wild Oats, and regular supermarket to collect all ingredients. It would be easier if I would live next to gourmet shop. Another reason for early preparation was because many dishes require soak nuts for 12 hours. Thursday I choped ingredients, Friday I made sauces,and result? I definitely hate when people compare dishes to "heaven", "die for", but I had some of those heavenly feelings eating this food. I love how creative this food is, how wonderful sauces taste, it is very very hard to believe it is all raw!
But now I need 1,200 dollars worth of equipment...I want to continue living and eating like this. It is wonderful how you are full of energy-no heaviness after eating this food!
I could not find Smoked salt or Celtic salt, but dishes turned out to be wonderful anyway. I thought when using maple syrup about my trip to Vermont-I sort of remember seeing how they evaporated it by boiling, so I don't think it is raw ingredient. But I don't want to be critical, because this book deserves praise. Congratulations to Klein and Trotter- they are top notch-before this book I had no idea who they are, but now I am waiting for Raw 2:-)

Soul of Israel
Soul of Israel
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 35.95
8 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars not a "Sould of Israel", April 8 2002
This review is from: Soul of Israel (Audio CD)
Whole CD sounds like background music to theatre/movie show. Music is putting you on the stage, but no show...
Not a "main course" as I expected. Songs are deformed and overdramatized to fit classical music mold. I don't think one sould of Israel was involved in making of this CD.
I much rather listen to Israel orchestra than to this strange 101 strings medley.

2 used & new from CDN$ 36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Toning done right, March 24 2002
This review is from: Callanetics [Import] (VHS Tape)
I can only add that previous reviews not only helped me select this video, but also AFTER I purchased it-- I read these reviews and they helped me to understand specific things about this workout. I fully agree with somebody who said--don't focus on your form that much at the beginning-you will figure it out, how body wants and needs to stretch. Watching this video on mute produces better results for me, because I can concentrate better on stretching. There is no doubt about effectiveness of this video--you'll see.

Beginners Stretch for Flexibil
Beginners Stretch for Flexibil

5.0 out of 5 stars nice relaxation, March 23 2002
This video is very easy to do, nice little stretching.
I do this video when I have zero energy. Tamilee moves with the body and without watching you naturally transition from one position to the next.
If you want simple relaxation before bed time, here is something to soothe your soul.

Literary Lapses
Literary Lapses
by Stephen Leacock
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars good sense of humor required!, March 23 2002
This is for those who love that dry English humor. I love this book! It mocks so beautifuly stupidities, naivete, and human anxietes. If you like slap stick humor, please look somewhere else.

2 used & new from CDN$ 36.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Toning done right, March 23 2002
This review is from: Callanetics [Import] (VHS Tape)
I bought this video, because of all previous recommendations.
I recommend if somebody is interested in this video-you should read all of the reviews- you will find excellent advice--not only reasons for buying, but after you buy this video-- come back and look at educated views of people who posted these reviews. For example now on I watch this video on mute, because talk of instructor makes me self consious if I am making mistakes rather than feeling that intense stretch and meditation of the movement.
But everything is excellent about this video and you will love it!!!

Leslie Sansone:Fat Burner Walk
Leslie Sansone:Fat Burner Walk
VHS
3 used & new from CDN$ 106.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for those lazy days!, March 23 2002
I used this video when I felt really tired, not motivated, well you know the feeling... It is great for this purpose or if you are complete beginner it wis great introduction to regular exercise. Very easy to do. Leslie will definitely cheer you up.

Kathy Smith: Functionally Fit--Peak Fat Burning
Kathy Smith: Functionally Fit--Peak Fat Burning
VHS
2 used & new from CDN$ 48.17

2.0 out of 5 stars dissapointing, Feb. 9 2002
Based on previous recommendations I purchased this tape and I was very dissapointed. I believe if I would jump 15 minutes around the room, I would achieve the same benefit. Instructions are hard to follow, and I am not willing to memorize the tape! This was my first purchase of Kathy Smith video and I believe also my last.
I give her some credit for a stretching at the end of the tape, it was nice. Maybe her stretching and yoga videos are much better, but I will stick with The Firm tapes for fitness because they produce real results.