Profile for Mom of Twins > Reviews

Content by Mom of Twins

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mom of Twins "Danielle" (Florida)

The No-Cry Discipline Solution: Gentle Ways to Encourage Good Behavior Without Whining, Tantrums, and Tears: Foreword by Tim Seldin
Price: CDN$ 14.40
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I ever read!!!, Aug. 16 2007
Words can’t explain what I have to say about No- Cry Discipline Solution. I will however, try my best to do so. How can one person capture so many aspects of parenting and write them so eloquently in one book? Well, I can say that Elizabeth Pantley does just that. This book is amazing. It has touched me in so many ways. One of the best chapters in this book is the chapter on how to deal with your own anger and frustration. I have suffered through many situations with my three children, as we all do. I would beat myself up about some of the choices that I made in discipline…sometimes even cry about the choices I made. As parents we are constantly facing the dilemma of whether or not we did or are doing the right thing. Elizabeth managed to bring tears to my eyes when I read Staying Calm and Avoiding Anger. Yes, tears…tears of joy, because I finally felt that I wasn’t alone in how I was feeling and that just because we get angry and frustrated it doesn’t mean that we are a bad parent…just means we are humans with breaking points. This is just one of many chapters in the book that is great; each chapter in its own way is special because they truly help you. You are given a problem and then there is the solution. I have tried many of them with my kids and I am proud to say that they are working. Elizabeth Pantley in my eyes is an amazing and extraordinary person with the ability to make you feel like she is right there sitting in your living room walking you through what to do…move over Super Nanny. If anyone is struggling with what to do with any type of behavioral issues with their children, this is the book for you. I have read every one of Elizabeth Pantley’s books and I love them all, but The No- Cry Discipline Solution is her best!!! My advice to all parents, go out as soon as you can and run to your nearest book store or log on to the internet and get a copy of this book. I promise once you get started you are not going to want to put it down.

The No-Cry Potty Training Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Child Say Good-Bye to Nappies
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Potty Training Book Out There, May 20 2007
Elizabeth Pantley's No Cry Potty Training Solution is one amazing book. She knows exactly what a parent needs to succeed in teaching their toddler to use the potty. I have twin boys and I never thought I would be able to get them to stop peeing on the floor and into a potty. Elizabeth's book helped me do that. The one thing that I like best about the book is that Elizabeth has real families telling their potty problems. Wow!!! I'm not alone, real people, real problems but with Elizabeth's help, a real solution. That is what I love about the No Cry Potty Training Solution. It is easy to follow and the quick reference guides are wonderful. Most importantly, Elizabeth eloquently describes that you don't have to follow a set standard on how or when you should potty train. She simply states that it is ok to follow your child's cues and do what works best for you and your family. Only you know your child best. I however, think that Elizabeth knows every child best. I recommend that if you are even thinking about potty training...look no further, run out and get this book right away. I promise you won't be able to put it down.

The No-Cry Potty Training Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Child Say Good-Bye to Diapers
Price: CDN$ 13.68