ARRAY(0xa9c9ba8c)

Profile for Lila May > Reviews

Content by Lila May

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lila May

Page: 1 | 2
Warriors: Power Of Three #5: Long Shadows
Warriors: Power Of Three #5: Long Shadows
Price: CDN$ 15.33
65 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfectly Inspiring, Dec 31 2008
Fabulous! I wasn't expecting what I got. The ideas are still flowing like crazy. I couldn't put it down. The cliff-hanger ending killed me! I can't wait until the next one. These books give me something to think about when I put them down. What's going to happen next? Who did what? I'm always trying to figure them out...it's perfect.

Twilight
Twilight
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: CDN$ 10.79
321 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Two sided, Dec 31 2008
This review is from: Twilight (Paperback)
I have a very two sided opinion of this book. I'm a sixteen year old girl and so naturally, I love it. But in a way I also hate it.
It will capture your attention quite quickly and honestly, you won't be able to put it down until you are done. Since it is geared towards an audience of teenage girls, it naturally has what every girl dreams of - the gorgeous boy who is totally obsessed with the completely ordinary girl. Don't we all wish. I think that this is why the story is so compelling to our age group and gender. It's what we want and dream about. I've seen the movie twice and enjoyed it enough to want to buy it when it comes out.
However. It can also be dangerous, because it isn't reality. If you have been in Chapters lately, you will have seen it. Bags, puzzles, shirts, posters, the whole sh-bang. It's ridiculous. I couldn't even go to the movie without feeling like a loser. I didn't want the people there to think I was some obsessed Twilight freak. I think that there are numerous books out there that deserve just as much of a hype as Twilight. I would recommend it, but I would also recommend not to become obsessed with it.

Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book 6: Sunset
Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book 6: Sunset
63 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars So Sad, Sept. 22 2008
This book follows the relationship between Crowfeather and Leafpool and the fall of Hawkfrost.

As we all know, Leafpool isn't allowed to have a mate, especially not one from a different clan. So when I found out that she is meeting with Crowfeather (or are they Leafpaw and Crowpaw in that book? I don't remember that far back^^) I was thrilled and upset for her, because you knew it would come to an end.

The prophecy in these last few books of the new prophecy is fulfilled in this book as well, but that's all I'm going to say.

Erin has done it again, with exceptional imagery and a fantastic story line. Thanks a ton!

Warriors #6: The Darkest Hour
Warriors #6: The Darkest Hour
Price: CDN$ 8.31
144 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Are you crazy about warriors?, Sept. 22 2008
This is by far my favorite book in the entire Warriors saga. It's difficult to say much without giving it away, but the imagery and the battles are vivid and fantastic.

This book in particular outlines the determination of Tigerstar to the extent of attempting to extinguish all four clans. Only when they work together can they conquer this menace.

I found this book to seem exceptionally dark and hopeless. Some of the things that happen stretch the clans to their limits. Who will survive and who will fall? (And I can tell you that some cats do fall)

Howl's Moving Castle (Bilingual)
Howl's Moving Castle (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jean Simmons
Price: CDN$ 26.99
25 used & new from CDN$ 17.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Who says that wizards have to be old?, Sept. 22 2008
Ok, I'll start by saying that I love this movie, like all of the other Miyazaki movies that I've watched. But let's also say that this movie is unlike the rest of them.

The story follows Sophie, a quiet girl who works in a hat shop, when she's swept off her feet by a wizard named Howl (Who, by the way, is VERY cute). The Witch of the Waste, who's jealous about Sophie and Howl's friendship, puts a spell on Sophie. Sophie, completely distressed, sets out to break the curse.

This movie is breath taking and full of fantasy and reality all rolled into one great film. Enjoy!

Spirited Away (Bilingual)
Spirited Away (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Daveigh Chase
Price: CDN$ 29.97
30 used & new from CDN$ 15.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, Sept. 22 2008
This review is from: Spirited Away (Bilingual) (DVD)
I will keep this short and sweet. This is a fantastic movie. So good that I wish there was a sequel, (even though we all know that that would never happen) because this movie was so special. I loved it. It's just one of those movies that makes you happy every time you watch it. Girls and guys alike will thoroughly enjoy it. I am generally very easy to please when it comes to movies, but the Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli movies are sure to please any movie critics out there. I would highly recommend this movie to anyone who likes anime, or just likes to have fun.

Warriors: Warrior's Return
Warriors: Warrior's Return
Price: CDN$ 7.12
63 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Manga Warriors, Sept. 21 2008
Let me just start this off by saying that these books are NOT worth it. They are entirely too short to spend eight dollars on. I can finish one in less than a half hour. I did think it was pretty cool that there are some manga warriors, but you may as well just borrow it from the library or something, because they are much too short.

Seekers #1: The Quest Begins
Seekers #1: The Quest Begins
62 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Seekers Book One!, Sept. 21 2008
Well, I was excited for this book. I'm not sure when the next one is coming out yet and that sort of annoys me, but Erin Hunter is fantastic. The Warriors books are another of her creations and I love them. If you like those books, you'll definitely like this one. I recommend this book however, it was slightly annoying how she wrote this from three different points of view of three bears who don't interact with or even know each other. But other than that, it was great!

Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, Book 4)
Eclipse (Warriors: Power of Three, Book 4)
67 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Eclipse, Sept. 21 2008
Ok, I am officially amazed by how many books these two have written. And that they haven't run out of ideas yet? Wow. I haven't finished this book yet, but I'm loving it. I can only say good things about this book. If you haven't read the other Warriors, I would highly recommend them as well.

Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox
Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox
by Eoin Colfer
Price: CDN$ 14.59
86 used & new from CDN$ 0.52

5.0 out of 5 stars The Time Paradox, Sept. 21 2008
Artemis Fowl. Where do I begin? These books are fantastic. I have read them so many times over I know everything about them. I would highly recommend these books and any others by Eoin Colfer. I have read all the Artemis Fowl books and Half Moon Investigations, which I also enjoyed. I bought this specific book off of this site and, although it took a while to get here, it was cheaper than at the store. So, yes, I would recommend this book.

Page: 1 | 2