Profile for Daniel Fournier > Reviews

Content by Daniel Fournier
Top Reviewer Ranking: 857

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Daniel Fournier "daniel fournier" (Stettler alberta canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Mini Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Waterproof Hands Free Silicone Sucker Blue
Mini Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Waterproof Hands Free Silicone Sucker Blue
Offered by Fair Fly--Ships From Hong Kong
Price: CDN$ 7.91
14 used & new from CDN$ 6.73

5.0 out of 5 stars great little one!, Sept. 25 2014
I guess I forgot to do my review, you get basicly what you pay for. don't look for high quality sound, but as you take a shower, it does the job perfect. I got it for quite sometime and it still work no problem. I use it every time I take a shower.

Wireless Bluetooth Speaker- StrongVolt POP360 Hands Free Bluetooth Speaker With 360 Degree Sound - For iPhone 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, iPads, Bluetooth Android Phones, Samsung Galaxy Note, Galaxy S3, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Nexus, HTC One X and all other Smart Phones, Tablets and Computers, Black
3 used & new from CDN$ 44.92

5.0 out of 5 stars great charger, Sept. 25 2014
I thought I did my review, but ok, I bought this with no expectation, I am blind and I was looking for a cheap charger for the many ipods I have, I still have my five generation, 3 nanno six generation and 2 seven generation, and for those, I got the small adapter so that it can play on my doc station. Now, oh and my ipod touch. I got to say that I have try them all, and it works like a charm. I am getting another one for sure. I live to have more than one choice to charge my divises. so, I got the pc of course, my audio reciever can charge ipod when it is on and I got a few cheap ipod doc machine to listen my ipod, they were so cheap, I had bought them mostly to basicly put the music on pause and leave it one and the ipod get charge right? but it was in the early days when a charger was about 40 dollars. now it is so cheap. but I just love it.

Breaking Bad: The Complete First Season (Sous-titres français) [Import]
Breaking Bad: The Complete First Season (Sous-titres français) [Import]
DVD ~ Bryan Cranston
Price: CDN$ 19.97
26 used & new from CDN$ 9.75

5.0 out of 5 stars I am told it is great!, Sept. 25 2014
this was actually a gift for my friend that I live with, being blind myself, it is sometime hard to follow a tv show and so on. but I can say that my friend just love it. he laugh a lot. but if someone blind read this, let me tell you that this is not the best one to follow without sight, some jokes are audio, but most is very visual. but my friend told me some of the scene, and I would not have imagine that at all, but I did listen to each episode that my friend watch and it is okk. My friend would say, it is great. as soon as he finish this one I will get him the number 2 for sure. that is all I can really say. thank you

Trademark Home 72-28340 Post Card Organizer
Trademark Home 72-28340 Post Card Organizer

5.0 out of 5 stars great little book!, Sept. 25 2014
well, at last, if it was me that didn't know how to do it I am very sorry, if you have fix the problem, I thank you very much, I am talking about being able to select a star being blind. I could not do it before and now I can. so thank you no matter what. Now the book is great, I hope I did give it a five star. You know they say you get what you pay for, well, it is true in this case. this is not a book that you can add sheet later, but it is fine with me. It is a very nice little book, for post card 5 by 7, and it is not flexible, yes of course you can put smaller but not a bit bigger. but again, the price is very nice. If I have time, I am thinking about getting the last one. but if you look for a simple book to put your post card or trade card, I can put 2 trading card in the pocket for one post card, so I could put 160 trading card in it. I love it very much.

Adventures of Tintin: Season Two [Import]
Adventures of Tintin: Season Two [Import]
DVD ~ Colin O'Meara
Price: CDN$ 19.58
24 used & new from CDN$ 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars great animation!, Sept. 21 2014
I just finish to watch the first volume, it was great, I have just watch one disc, it is a 2 disc set, but I am afraid to forget to do the review, I just love it, it is really for the complete family, young and old. My friend didn't know anything about Tintin, and he really love it too, me I was in quebec as a child and I read all the books but my friends that love animation some how, he said, I missed out on this one. right now I am trying to find a english version, you know the voices, of the one call in French tintin and the mystery of the blue orange or something like this, I saw the movie as a child with real people , and I had my sight in those days but I guess they did a new one in animation. Actually I would like the 2 of them with english voices. I hope to find it. Too bad that the dot ca amazon don't have a place to have a conversation like the amazon in the state, between customer, we can get a lot of info and more business for amazon. something to think about.

Tintin: Vol 1
Tintin: Vol 1
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 20.97
18 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars very well done!, Sept. 8 2014
This review is from: Tintin: Vol 1 (DVD)
If you have check my other reviews, you know by know that I am a totaly blind person, a while ago I have bought a book of Tintin in English to a friend of mine, he is 63 years old, love aniamtion, his favorite shows on tv are on teletune , the teletune at night, more for adult or 14 and over, like futurama and so on. He didn't know anything about tintin, he loved the book, so I have purchase from amazon a movie, the name was the secret of something, hereally loved it.
so, I took a chance to get him this one, I didn't know if it was going to be something more for a very young audience or more for the all family. Well, we have listen, in my case, big smile and he wached it and he just loves it, he told me that the animation were well done, it was not a type for adult or 14 years old and up, more for the family, young and old.
He does not understand how he could have miss it, that is funny, For me, I just love it, when I had my eye sight I read all the tintin book at the time, so it is easy for me to follow the story since I do remember how the people look like and so on. The voices are real good, they go well with Tintin, the captain and so on. I highly suggest that you introduce Tintin to maybe a young one in your family, maybe your own children, it does not have the bad language, violence and so on.
I bought my copy from market place and got a good deal, and I am waiting for the volume 2, also from market place I saved a pile of money, check it out!
thanks for reading.

White iPhone 4 4S 3 3S 3G AC Wall Charger Adapter & USB Cable - iPod Touch Nano Video
Offered by BlingBlingShopship from HongKong
Price: CDN$ 4.88
13 used & new from CDN$ 3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars nice simple idem and super nice store, Aug. 7 2014
You know, I just finish to write a bod review for another product, I must stay calm and forget about the other product, I want to do this before bed time. but I am not a very high teck person, but you know when the stuff cost only 3 dollars and some cents and free shipping, I felt that if it work it work and if not that is fine, I was not tgoing to stress over 3 dollars, it would have been quite stupid. I said super nice store because my only worry that was if let say it does not work, can it hurt my ipod, and I wrote a e mail to the seller, and the person was so nice, he warn me that it may not work and so on, I told him don't worry about it, I will not ask my money back if it don't work, I would simply not write a review at all. I have let see, seven ipod including my ipod touch. one five generation, 3 six generation, 2 seven generation, and one ipod touch. the person told me that it may not work with the older ipod but you know my ipod five generation battery was totaly dead and I plug it and kind of forget about it and went to bed, and I was really surprise to see that in the morning it was playing just fine, so, and I am totaly sure that the battery was totaly dead, because I don't use it often, and the last time the voice over gave me the warning that I should plug it in and I did not and continue to use it and it stop playing and I never did bother to plug it to the pc and I sware that it did charge. so that give me a lot of hope that it will work for all my ipod, and when I am totaly sure, you bet I will get a couple more, many time my usb port on my pc are busy with other thing, so it is nice or it would be nice let say to have 3 of those and charge 3 ipod at the time. the person that wrote to me was so cool and honest. and I got my charger something like almost 14 days before my date, I was shock. so, for the price, you can not loose. I truly love it. thanks for reading

Still Alive And Well / Captured Live
Still Alive And Well / Captured Live
Price: CDN$ 21.91
20 used & new from CDN$ 13.80

5.0 out of 5 stars great sound, will explain!, Aug. 7 2014
wow! I have never been so shy in my life,I made such of a big mistake, I didn't know what to do so I phoned amazon this morning to see if there was a way to trash my review and write another one and the agent showed me how, thank God for that chance.I really feel like a fool. so, please forgive me, it will never happen again. what happen is that when I got my cd in the mail, first thing I do is to put it in my itune library to listen to it in my bedroom without making noize for the people that sleep right? but not to brag but I have a 1500 dollars type of reciever and than you add the price of the six speaker. so, I believe my system is pretty good but of course if I was richer, you can get better. so, you see when I put in itune the first cd, itune daid would you like to import still alive and well,without mentioning anything about live or something special. it is not like me to jump to conclusion without checking my fact. but I got upset right there, I put the second cd in and it says import captured live, so, I thought for sure I was getting the same studio album that I had allready. and of course I was upset and didn't feel like listening to it. At last when I put the cd in the sound system in the living room, God, you know with tecnology these days, they can do all kind of stuff, like taking away the screeming and clapping and so on. or if it is a job super well done, when they remaster the cd they can change so many thing with the hope to get a better product, like let say the sound of every instrument is so clear, kind of so separate of each other that you ear thing that you could not with the original album. they can slow some track put the drum more in the front and so on. You get my point right? so, as soon as I have put the cd in, I don't know if it is a case that it is a remaster product, super well done, or if it is recorded live without the screeming and retouch, how ever, it don't matter to me, I am so sorry for the bad stuff I said before, forgive me, part of me wants to believe that one way or another it is a new recording, because I know by heart so well the original album and I seem to be able to tell that this or that was not there before, even the sound of johnny's voice at one point, instead to finish on a high note , he end with a lower tone of voce. but it don't matter, I am so impress with this final product of still alive and well, the sound is incredible, I just don't believe it with the tecknology the thing they can do. Usually, we know in advance of what the big deal is, like king crimson 40 th collection, wilson did a fantastic job to end up with a product in my humble opinion so much better. but with this album, I did read what was to read, very little and it did not mention anything about someone has done a remix or what ever it is. and of course being blind, I can not just look and read the book that it comes with right? but I don't care , the reality is that it is totaly worth the price they ask for, It did warm my heart so much when I did ear this warm blues sound , it is like if Johnny would be right in the front of me. and I have a previous cd right? so, I listen to the old one and the new one right a way, and there is no doubt that it is not in my head, this is so much superior.
I assure you that I will never do this again to write a review base on other factor than actually listen to the cd. I feel so stupid. so, Now I say if you are a real fanatic of this album, believe me you will not regret it. I can not tell you what exacly what it is, a re recording, a live one or a super good job of re maixt and so on. but the nice blues sound will get to you. and I am totaly sorry for my previous review. and sorry to amazon about the thing I have said. I listen to that cd every day, of all my Johnny winter cd, this is the best sound I have. I am going to realise that if you see an album let say at 12 dollars, and you see the same one at 25 or more, there must be a reason for it a side of the packaging. for a while, just to check things out, if I have a choice between a 15 dollars cd and let say 25 or 29 dollars one , I will pick the one that cost more, just a few time to see if every time, I will fine a big difference in the sound quality.
I would guess that it also depend what one has sound system, but if like me you have invested a pretty penny on your speakers and reciever, you sure know the difference. again accept my apalogy.
taniel

The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology (2CD)
The Electric Joe Satriani: An Anthology (2CD)
Price: CDN$ 8.37
18 used & new from CDN$ 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars good electric guitar, July 27 2014
Hello again, I really don't know anything about this person, I want to be clear on this. It is kind of funny because it seem to be always the luck more less that I purchase an album from this guy. My fist one I remember, I bought an album of Frank Zappa and some how and I figure it was amazon because I purchase my cds on line from amazon, but anyway again one day I had an e mail from amazon for some suggestion for cds under 8 dollars or something like this and when I was reading all the titles, I saw this one, and really most of my reason to purchase it was the fact that it was a 2 cds set for a very good price and I had one cd from the guy and it was fine, though I don't really see the relation between him and Zappa a side that they play guitar! Tme it is kind of elevator music with an edge! I hope I didn't upset anyone, I d didn't mean that in a negative way, you know when I have a kind of day that I have work to do in the house and I want to put some music on that I don't really need to sit down and kind of take it in, this is the kind of music you put on and it is not deep by no mean, it does not have any kind of heavy idea or messages. But is is really nice to ear as you are working away. You know I have bought some instrumental music for that kind of day, but I can nopt really stand instrumental very well, so I always regret my purchase, but this guy is really good. I have enjoy my first one and really like this one. don't look for anything deep but itg is good electric music. I could have giving it a five star, there is nothing wrong with it but I thought four was being more honest

Close to the Edge
Close to the Edge
Price: CDN$ 32.39
29 used & new from CDN$ 21.78

5.0 out of 5 stars great 5.1 sound, July 24 2014
This review is from: Close to the Edge (Blu-ray)
Well I got to say that I am some what late to get on the action of Yes on bluray and dvd, I was too busy with King crimson for quite some time and one has only so much money right? But one day amazon gave me some suggestion and close to the edge bluray was there, I could not believe it that I didn't even know about it! so of course I got it as fast as I could and I want to thanks all the people that did reviews, what I do is I read the five star and why did they gave it a five stars and if I am lucky and some has gave only one star, I want to find out why and than it help me to decide to purchase it or not. I will not go too much on my reason to like it, just about everything has been said. I don't know if this has breen mention but in my case I am super impress with the dvd disc, No word can say how good it is but I will be honest and for me the cd one so call re work by Steven wilson was a bit of a let down for me, nno, let me be honest, a total let down and let me tell you why. Maybe my thinking was wrong to start with but with the King crimson 40 th collection, I have found that every one of them, in regard to the steven wilson job, you could tell that they had let some part out on the original album and some how s wilson put everything back and every one of them had some nice surprise in them, I was expecting the same with this one, I was thinking that close to the edge was going to be longer even if it was going to be a little bit of stuff that we never ear before, but I have listen to it just one time I hope that maybe I miss it but it don't seem to be anything like this, no big surprise, and I am one of those that I must have bought this album 20 times, I am just joking, but you get the point, I lost count of how many time I have purchase it. so, I know the album so much, every little sound just like the King crimson and yes I could tell right a way, this is new, and so on. I felt let down with this. but again, maybe my thinking wasw wrong to start with. but I understand people that may have Yes fatigue, I went to a time maybe five years that I just could not ear the group anymore , I had enough, but you know what, sometime that is what you need, take a brake from a band don't be afraid to let it go, I knew that some day I would be all worked up with yes again, and the time is for sure now, would you imagine tale of... in 5.1 sound, maybe it is out alreaday and I don't know about it. but I am making Yes this year the band that I will spend money on. my 2 next one are yessong on bluray and the yes album on bluray, and will go from there. If you don't suffer from Yes fatigue, this is a fantastic album and the cd is also super good, no matter what I have said, I am just so happy to be alive when the music that we got so stone on at one time, so long ago is now sounding so good, we may have got older , we may not get stone the way we did but our love for music never went away. I love a lot of the new stuff, there is a lot of good music out there just there to be purchase, but at the same time I make no I am sorry because at time yes I love to listen the music of my youth with the great sound it should have had . I have notice a crosby still nash and young set bluray, on amazon at 56 dollars, I want to deal with Yes for a while but that is one that I look forward to get too, the music world is so wonderfull right now on all front. I am so happy. and thank you amazon to keep the standered forms, being blind I could not write anything with the new form. thank you very much.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9