Profile for J. Olenewa > Reviews

Content by J. Olenewa

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

J. Olenewa (Toronto, ON Canada)

niceEshop(TM) Keyboard Silicone Cover Skin for Apple Mac Macbook (Fit 13-15 Inches) ,Black+Free niceEshop Cable Tie
Offered by Cosy-Zone.
Price: CDN$ 2.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect but does the job., Jan. 2 2012
My goal was to prevent the keys on my brand new MacBook Pro from getting constantly soiled with grease from my fingers, in spite of my constantly washing my hands. It does this job quite well and I wished I could buy versions for all of my other notebook computers. Where it is most useful is after a meal during a flight when it is often not so easy to get up and go wash one's hands before I have to get back to my writing.

I wish the letters would allow the back light from the keyboard to pass through, especially the little green LED on the Caps Lock. Luckily OS X gives me an on-screen indication of the Caps Lock key when it is turned on.

Because it is a very thin silicone film, it moves around a bit and sometimes you get a lump and have to run your hands across to smooth it out. But it is easy to do and for the price I recommend this product against other, thicker versions of this type of product.

RFID Toys: Cool Projects for Home, Office, and Entertainment
RFID Toys: Cool Projects for Home, Office, and Entertainment
by Amal Graafstra
17 used & new from CDN$ 22.68

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting read., Jan. 2 2012
This will not teach you all you need to know about RFID, but if you want to hack this technology, it will certainly get you started with a bunch of crazy and fun projects.

Wireshark Network Analysis: The Official Wireshark Certified Network Analyst Study Guide
by Laura Chappell
Price: CDN$ 111.60
16 used & new from CDN$ 74.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good resource., Jan. 2 2012
This text contains a treasure trove of tips that will show you how to get some of the trickiest bits of information out of Wireshark. It is not always easy to find the exact information you need, but if you persist it will point you to other resources where you can find the information that will really help you learn how to really take advantage of this product.

WiMAX Handbook: Building 802.16 Networks
WiMAX Handbook: Building 802.16 Networks
by Frank Ohrtman
Price: CDN$ 64.76
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.78

1.0 out of 5 stars This book is not worth it., Jan. 2 2012
I had hoped that this book would would demystify 802.16, but found it to be a so, so rehash of the wording in the standard.

Premium Quality Dock Extender Extension Cable 40-Inch = 100 cm Cable
Premium Quality Dock Extender Extension Cable 40-Inch = 100 cm Cable
Offered by HomeLivingDream Inc
Price: CDN$ 9.50
4 used & new from CDN$ 9.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Jan. 2 2012
The cable appears to be of very high quality and works like a charm. It was shipped and arrived quickly.