Profile for Randy Hurlburt, author of "Love Is Not A Game" > Reviews

Content by Randy Hurlburt...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Randy Hurlburt, author of "Love Is Not A Game" (San Diego, CA USA)

Men in Love
Men in Love
by Nancy Friday
Price: CDN$ 15.16
25 used & new from CDN$ 4.10

5.0 out of 5 stars Understand the meaning of fantasies, April 14 2004
This review is from: Men in Love (Paperback)
What I love about Nancy Friday, and the reason I quote her extensively in my own book, is that she does more than just collect and print shocking fantasies. She explains the emotions behind them. It's important in a love relationship to understand your partner, and not just at a superficial level. Those reviewers who reject this book because it is so shocking are just the ones who really need to read it again. Nancy Friday herself sums it up very concisely, "No man can be really free in bed with a woman who is not."

The General's Daughter
The General's Daughter
by Nelson DeMille
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 8.55
134 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nelson DeMille is great!, April 12 2004
I'm a non-fiction writer (author of "Love Is Not A Game") but I enjoy a good mystery. Every Nelson DeMille book I've read has been great. I look for his name when I go to the bookstore. He is insightful, funny, and not afraid of high sexual fantasy. I read "The General's Daughter" recently on a long plane flight, and it made the time go quickly.

One for the Money
One for the Money
by Janet Evanovich
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
252 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, April 12 2004
I'm an author of serious non-fiction, but I enjoy reading light-hearted novels. This is as good as it gets. Stephanie Plum is absolutely hilarious. I started reading this series in the middle (number four) because a friend loaned it to me. After reading numbers four, five, and six, I went back to read the first one. They are all monumentally funny. It's sometimes embarrassing when I crack up and others around me can hear!