Profile for beggarbooks > Reviews

Content by beggarbooks

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"beggarbooks" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Price: CDN$ 8.78
18 used & new from CDN$ 2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful, spiritually-challenging book!, Dec 15 2002
I read this book and could not put it down! I now use it as a devotional book it is so beautifully written and full of spiritual gems.

Christ on the Jewish Road
Christ on the Jewish Road
14 used & new from CDN$ 3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating biography of a fascinating man!, Dec 13 2002
This biography is one of the most interesting I have ever read. I found his story to be full of spiritual vitality and love for Jesus that passes all human understanding. This man was a spiritual giant who left a legacy for all Christians to emulate. Christ shone brightly in the life of this devout Messianic Jew.

Price: CDN$ 8.78
18 used & new from CDN$ 2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Astonishingly beautiful book!, Dec 13 2002
Wurmbrand is a man of many sufferings, tragedies, but also spiritual triumphs of the most amazing kind. I have worn out my copy of this convicting, encouraging, and challenging spiritual masterpiece. Wurmbrand has now passed away but his life and writings exist to carry on the message that even in severe suffering, Christ is with us. This book reminds us that nothing can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus, not even Communist torturers and corrupt governments (which still abound). This book has sustained me through difficult times, and read as a devotional it is a daily dose of comfort and compassion.

Chosen By God
Chosen By God
by R. C. "Sproul "
Price: CDN$ 12.99
43 used & new from CDN$ 3.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Encouraging and pertinent reminder of God's election!, Dec 13 2002
This review is from: Chosen By God (Paperback)
I have never been so encouraged in my faith as I was after reading this book. So many awesome points were made that it left me speechless! I was so happy to finally found an evangelical teacher who agrees with the doctrine that seems to spring forth from the New Testament. This book will uplift and encourage anyone who is unsure whether they are 'saved' or not.

Great Christian Thinkers Francis and Bonaventure
Great Christian Thinkers Francis and Bonaventure
by Paul Rout
6 used & new from CDN$ 2.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, throughful little book..., Dec 13 2002
Every page of this easy-to-read book is inspiring and worth taking a highlighter to! I loved the prayers and quotes that were included; they showed the sensitivity and compassion of these two wonderful saints. A beautiful book for sure!

To The Edge: A Man, Death Valley, And The Mystery Of Endurance
To The Edge: A Man, Death Valley, And The Mystery Of Endurance
by Kirk Johnson
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly beautiful account of an amazing run!, Oct. 17 2002
As a beginning runner (dare I call myself one yet?) I was in the market for an inspiring book written by an experienced runner. Well, I could not have found a more beautifully written and insightful book to encourage me. If you are looking to be encouraged and cheered then this book is the right buy!

The Screwtape Letters
The Screwtape Letters
by C S Lewis
Price: CDN$ 13.36
71 used & new from CDN$ 3.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating novel with rich characterizations, Oct. 2 2002
This review is from: The Screwtape Letters (Paperback)
This is a classic piece of Christian fiction. You will not be disappointed but challenged after reading this delightful book.

The Problem Of Pain
The Problem Of Pain
by C S Lewis
Price: CDN$ 12.26
48 used & new from CDN$ 2.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly deep book!, Oct. 2 2002
This review is from: The Problem Of Pain (Paperback)
Pain is such a hard subject to ponder and yet that is just what this amazing Christian apologist does! This book is very moving and will move you in ways you didn't dream possible. I cherish this book in my personal library.

Cancer Ward
Cancer Ward
by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Price: CDN$ 16.61
43 used & new from CDN$ 5.50

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book!, Oct. 2 2002
This review is from: Cancer Ward (Paperback)
This book shares with the world the way life truly was in 1950's Communist Russia. The characters are amazingly real and the plot is simple yet very interesting. As a person who doesn't enjoy most novels I can say that this one held me to the very last page!

The New York Road Runners Club Complete Book of Running and Fitness: Third Edition
by Gloria Averbuch
28 used & new from CDN$ 0.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Run to the best of your ability...this book will help you!, Sept. 25 2002
If you are wanting to lose weight and have tried everything on the market you may have missed out on a big secret: Running Burns Fat Fast! I got this book and followed the 10K training guidelines and have lost weight rapidly and feel better than I have in years. I started out huffing and puffing and could barely run for a straight minute but I stuck with it and you can too! This book will encourage you to make it to the finish line; whether that finish line is the New York City Marathon or your neighborhood post office, this book will help you get there!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3