Profile for Reon Tigaldo > Reviews

Content by Reon Tigaldo

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Reon Tigaldo

The Waltons: Complete Fifth Season (5 Discs)
The Waltons: Complete Fifth Season (5 Discs)
DVD ~ Richard Thomas
Offered by DeeplyDiscountedDVDs
Price: CDN$ 46.05
16 used & new from CDN$ 26.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Season of them All, Jan. 12 2011
I had seasons 1-4 and had decided not to purchase season 5 and 6 (didn't want to spend the money). However, near Christmas I came across an episode that I had never seen before. It was the best Christmas episode I had ever scene on the Walton's. So I went to HMV's website and season 5 and 6 was selling for 50 bucks. Yea 50 bucks. So when I saw it on amazon for under 20 bucks, it was a no brainer.

After watching the entire season, I do believe this is the best season of the entire series. All the main characters are in the story. What is great about this season is that while John Boy (Richard Thomas) is still the center piece of the Waltons, we get to see the evolution of many other characters in ways we haven't before. A number of the episodes are some of the best and some of my overall favorites in the entire series. If you are a fan, get this season as it is the final season that contained all the original Walton characters.

The Dark Knight (Limited Edition SteelBook) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Dark Knight (Limited Edition SteelBook) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Offered by Chitchats
Price: CDN$ 16.00
6 used & new from CDN$ 16.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing PQ, Jan. 12 2011
Picture Quality: 10/10
Audio Quality: 10/10

Note: you only receive one disk. That is, the special features on disk 2 on other non-steelbook editions is not included. However, disk one contains a bit of hd features related to the making of certain scenes. This was very good.

The picture quality is perfect. Many scenes are shown as full screen while others contain the usual black bars we have become so use to. Christopher Nolan used IMAX (highest resolution in a camera possible)cameras in most of the action scenes, hence the full screen.

****My copy was factory sealed, as all would be I assume. However, after first viewing I noticed a scratch on the disk. My player is new and I am pretty sure I did not scratch it. So just check the disk before you play it to make sure. Blu-ray disks are 5 times harder to scratch than a regular DVD, so I am not so sure that I caused the scratch. But playback is still perfect.****

The STEELBOOK is really nice. It arrived in perfect and undented condition. For fans of steelbooks, this one is great. Also, it does not contain the blu-ray banner on top most movies which is nice. It contains the same artwork as per the amazon video of the product.

Can't wait for Dark Knight Rises, which will also be shot in IMAX.