Profile for Lucy W > Reviews

Content by Lucy W

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lucy W (Cheltenham, UK)

Rushmore
Rushmore
DVD ~ Jason Schwartzman
Price: CDN$ 5.00
30 used & new from CDN$ 5.00

3.0 out of 5 stars My review of rushmore, April 27 2004
This review is from: Rushmore (DVD)
Max is a dedicated student, putting effort into all after school activies. However his world is turned upside down by the arrival of a new female teacher. In which he and his new friend (bill murray) both fall for and compete for her affection.
I think the main theme to this movie is obsession, as max moves from one to another. The other theme could be commitment, because it shows the amount of effort max puts in to everything he does and tries to see it to the end.
I think it was acted out well, in showing the tourment each character was put through. I believe the soundtrack helped to movie progress, helping to emphase the mood within the scene.
I think it was a typically enjoyable movie in which has an originality to it, yet the story of trying to win over love has been done before. The style was very different, although it ran smoothly, it wasnt predicable as you weren't quite sure how it would end. I think the film was a success, would deffinatley recommend it to others to watch. The only thing I wished to see more of was the vengeful competition between max and his friend.