Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture Kindle Music Deals Store Fall Tools
Profile for R3aLiTY_bYt3s > Reviews

Content by R3aLiTY_bYt3s
Top Reviewer Ranking: 279

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

R3aLiTY_bYt3s "R3aLiTY_bYt3s" (Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Coats: Yarn Red Heart Gumdrop Yarn, Grape
Coats: Yarn Red Heart Gumdrop Yarn, Grape
Offered by BIC Warehouse - (Includes all tax and Duties)
Price: CDN$ 7.60
11 used & new from CDN$ 6.81

2.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware, Aug. 15 2015
This yarn came wrapped in a clear bag (courtesy of the manufacturer) so it was free of debris, unlike most other brands of yarn on Amazon or in walk-in stores.
The yarn colours didn't run in hot water wash (washing machine, normal cycle with liquid laundry detergent), however I was very unimpressed with the number of joins/knots (joining separate lengths of yarn together) in the product. I've bought giant Red Heart brand skeins of yarn before (equivalent to about maybe 6 or 7 of this size) with zero joins, so I fail to see why the manufacturer produced this little skein with NINE joins/knots. When I crochet tote bags, a yarn join shows and it takes time, effort, and planning, as well as some wasted yarn to work around a join or the finished product looks awful.
This yarn made an acceptable tote bag, but I wouldn't make another one with this guage of yarn. It's not soft enough or thick enough, and the strands kept separating while I was crocheting, which was annoying.
All in all, this yarn was difficult to work with, but if you don't mind a lot of joins, and strands that easily separate, you might find this good for crafts.. but I wouldn't advise crocheting with it. I tried different sized hooks and tensions and nothing made it easier to work with. I've crocheted for decades and have worked with man-made yarns, sheep's wool, string (cotton, jute, hemp), plastic strips, strips of fabric, and even horse hair and human hair, so I do feel qualified to offer my views of this product. Other Red Heart brand yarns that are a bit thicker (solid colours) haven't given me any problems with joins or strand separation.

Fiskars Rotary Cutting Set
Fiskars Rotary Cutting Set
Price: CDN$ 54.36
10 used & new from CDN$ 43.51

1.0 out of 5 stars The ruler is good, but..., Aug. 15 2015
The ruler is good and sturdy and I like it, however the mat is very thin and has a shiny surface (every slice shows up clearly on it), and the cutting tool doesn't cut deeply or evenly, no matter how slowly I cut or how hard I press. I'm sure I'm using the cutting tool the right way.
On the plus side, none of the items have any odour.

IRIS Greeting Card Storage Box with Clear Dividers
IRIS Greeting Card Storage Box with Clear Dividers
Price: CDN$ 16.79
5 used & new from CDN$ 16.79

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, Aug. 15 2015
This item is made of good quality plastic, doesn't smell at all, and is easy to clean.
However, I was and am disappointed that the inserts are just a bit too narrow and therefore keep popping out of the grooves, and the lid has never once snapped shut. On either one I bought (I bought two). The snap lid advertised was a main reason why I bought this item. They aren't warped or damaged or over-filled.. the lids simply won't snap shut. I won't blindly trust the Iris brand name again.

Snapware Snap 'N Stack Seasonal Ornament 2 Layer 12-Inch X 12-Inch Square Layer 4
Price: CDN$ 17.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, Aug. 15 2015
I ordered several of these to use for holiday decorations, but had to exchange a couple of them for ones without broken snap lock clips as they arrived broken. The snap lock clips seem to be made of a different type of plastic and seem brittle and very fragile, which is disappointing.
The lid is made of a much flimsier type of plastic and just barely fits, which was another disappointment. If I lift even an empty box, the lid separates slightly from the boxes. I think the lid should be heavier-duty plastic like the bodies.
I had to get rid of the thin cardboard inserts because they smelled vile.. mildew, and something I couldn't quite identify. The inserts should be made of plastic in my opinion.
I'm disappointed with this product and expected better, especially for the price. It seems such a mish mash of types and qualities of plastic, plus the cardboard, when it had the potential to be a great product if only the manufacturer had made the whole thing out of better quality plastic.

Novelty Mfg Co 10242 Plastic Flower Box Tray, White, 24-Inch Length
Novelty Mfg Co 10242 Plastic Flower Box Tray, White, 24-Inch Length
Price: CDN$ 13.06
7 used & new from CDN$ 5.85

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, Aug. 15 2015
I agree with the other reviewer.. the dimensions advertised aren't accurate and it is smaller, however I could've lived with it because I wanted a plastic tray, not a bottom for a specific planter.. BUT it's flimsy and has too much give in it, and has sloped, very low side edges.. which make it an over-priced piece of useless plastic to me.
With such low side edges I don't know how it could be a good planter tray either for that matter.
It also has an odd texture.. bumpy.. which makes it hard to clean unless I use an old toothbrush or nail brush.. and this texture attracts dust and dirt so it looks dirty very quickly (the one I got is white).
Over all, I'm disappointed with this product.

Ivation Portable High Capacity Household Icemaker w/Easy-Touch Buttons for Digital Operation-Features 2.5-Quart Water Reservoir - 2 Selectable Cube Sizes - Yield of up to 26.5 Pounds of Ice Daily
Offered by Canadian Shoppe
Price: CDN$ 179.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 147.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Headache in 6 minutes.. Ice in (maybe?) 6 days, July 16 2015
First of all, I just checked the product description and verified I remembered the claim of ice in 6 minutes.
- This is my third try in as many days, and after running constantly for over 2 hours today (for example), there are only 20 small ice cubes (several of them are only tiny, partial ice cubes in the cube catcher tray (it started to make ice after machine was running almost an hour)). To put this in perspective, this number of small ice cubes is barely enough to cover the bottom of the ice catcher tray.
- The machine's outflow fan (located on the side of the machine) is very strong.. strong enough to blow papers off the counter.
- The machine doesn't come apart for cleaning (other than the plastic ice cube catcher thing), and there seem to be many places where mold could grow, such as around the (loose, wobbly) water intake knob at the bottom of the water reservoir.
- The machine is heavy, larger than the biggest home bread machine I've seen, and takes up considerable counter space.
- The instructions are short but seem thorough.. until you realize it doesn't tell you (for example) where to pour water into the machine. The white printing on the white water reservoir is hard to see.
I can deal with the large size, heavy duty fan, and cleaning concerns.. IF it will make ice, and lots of it.
But so far it isn't. It makes grinding noises, shudders, and seems constipated. I DID follow the instructions. I used bottled, non carbonated water (our tap water is hard water and gums up everything with scales and deposits). I filled the water reservoir to the Max line, not below or above. The air intake (on the back) and air output vents are not blocked in any way. I've set it to make small cubes one day, large cubes the next. But around the 7 or 8 HOUR mark * , I give up, put what little ice there is in the cube catcher tray into my freezer, empty the water reservoir, dry it out, then leave it overnight.
* This machine turns off/goes to standby mode only when the ice catcher thing is FULL, which hasn't happened yet, even after running for 8 hours.
I don't know if it was damaged in transit (the manufacturer's box was sure mangled and Amazon didn't put the manufacturer's box into an Amazon box), but I'm really unhappy with the way this machine doesn't work. At this rate, the ice catcher tray might be full in 6 days.. not 6 minutes or even 6 hours!
As for the seller's claim of ice in 6 minutes. With his/her concept of time, he/she will live about a million years.

Better Houseware 1244/2 Cubette Ice Trays, White
Better Houseware 1244/2 Cubette Ice Trays, White
Price: CDN$ 3.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, July 16 2015
I used these several times and repeatedly found I couldn't get the ice cubes out.. not without putting a tray in a bag and banging it upside down on the counter.. which just shattered most of them. And on the last try, one tray broke :(
The plastic is rigid and I don't have big Dwayne Johnson man hands to twist this plastic to (possibly) make the ice cubes pop out.
I also found these very hard to clean. In the dishwasher (top rack) the trays banged around, collected a lot of water and debris in the underside, and still smelled kind of.. plasticy (if that's a word) after repeated hand-washings.
I was very unhappy with this purchase.

Anker® Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for iPad Air / iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini / New iPad 3 / iPad 2 / Nexus 7 / Galaxy Tab and Other Tablets- White

1.0 out of 5 stars If it would STAY paired: 4/5 stars... but it won't stay paired, July 8 2015
This is a great keyboard.. thin, light weight, nice feel to it, quiet keys when you type. It pairs to a PS3 and a PS4. But. It. Won't. Stay. Paired. Omg!
It can stay paired for a week, or need to be re-paired six times in a day (and the re-pairing process can be easy and quick or have to be re-done over and over and over before it's successfully paired once more). It's performance seems very random. And extremely annoying.
I initially thought this was a great keyboard and ordered an additional one for my nearest and dearest for her PS3. I use mine for my PS4 (when the keyboard decides to work). We live in different homes. I mention these facts because several people have suggested our keyboards get 'confused' switching back and forth between consoles (there simply is no switching), or that it's 'not designed' to work for the PS3 or the PS4 (and yet it can and does), or that we are somehow too stupid to operate a keyboard :p There is no 'interference' from whatever or wherever that messes up bluetooth connections in our homes either (other bluetooth devices work fine in our homes, including but not limited to working with the PS3 and PS4).
My nearest and dearest likes the keyboard... but would love it IF it would STAY paired. My opinion of this keyboard would be much better if my keyboard would stay paired.
Other issues? This keyboard goes through batteries kind of fast.. I've changed them over once already during my first month of use. Yes, I do turn off the keyboard after I finish typing messages or before I turn off the PS4 or decide to play a game. And some of the keys stick from time to time, so (for example) like becomes likeeeeeeeeeeeee. And no, I/we haven't spilled food or drink on the keyboard/s. We don't have pets or kids or a roommate, so this issue is a puzzle. After about a month of this drama though, I've run out of ideas to try and links to try on Google and I've started looking for a replacement that's a different brand.

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Price: CDN$ 63.72
13 used & new from CDN$ 55.00

1.0 out of 5 stars The first Elder Scrolls online multiplayer for a console.. (& Error messages galore!), June 13 2015
Original review: 4/5 stars:
This week this MMO (massive multiplayer online) for PS4 launched and, in spite of server errors and overwhelmed servers (one of my waiting-to-enter-the-game queues showed me as 394,352 in line!), it's a huge success with not only Oblivion and Skyrim fans from PS2 and PS3, but also with PC gamers who've been playing the Elder Scrolls Online computer game version for about a year and who can import their game saves to the PS4 and join in the Playstation experience.
This game offers the whole world of Tamriel to explore (as opposed to one province as in Skyrim), and is set centuries before the PS3 game Skyrim.
There are far more critters (like giant bugs and reptiles, bears, wolves), bandits, assassins, zombies (yes, zombies), werewolves, and so forth trying to kill you, more quests, much better graphics, and much faster load times than Skyrim or Oblivion.
ESO being an online multiplayer, you can voice chat with your friends all over the world (you can load your avatar onto North American or European servers) while you battle big bad bosses, improve armor, explore, and have fun. You can Group chat in-game or use Party Chat on the PS4 or PS Vita.
I realise this is a new game, designed for a new console, but I do miss the old ways of doing things, like the ability to easily store items and so forth like in Skyrim. Your ESO avatar has a very limited amount of inventory slots (you can purchase more, but they're expensive), but it's based on number of slots, not the weight of items (unlike in Oblivion and in Skyrim); you can store extra items in a "bank" in the game (but again, limited number of slots, and you must purchase more); you can send unwanted items in game to a friend, trade with other players, destroy items (instead of drop them), or use/consume them.
The lack of storage rubs me a little bit the wrong way, as does the lack of a close-up zoom in feature on the map, but what really irritates me is the astonishingly slow accumulation of in-game gold currency (merchants don't pay much, many items are worthless, and looted or rewarded gold amounts to very little -- like 32 gold for completing a series of tasks ending in completion of a quest at lower levels) and the pushing of purchasing "gold crowns" for real world money (about 5,200 crowns for about $40 I believe) to buy upgrades, mounts, pets, clothing, soul gems* (*so you can respawn closer to where you got killed off) are just cheesy. If you want to spend your time stealing items to make money, be aware there's a limit to how much you can sell per day unless you (no surprise) pay to upgrade.
I know Bethesda games changed it from subscription pay-as-you-play for PC gamers to free-to-play for PS4, but after you lay out $80 for a game bundle like the Imperial bundle and about $600 for a PS4, a better quality headset, and a second game controller, finding out the game is only free to play if you're ok with levelling slowly is a bit of a jolt.
My friends and I have been waiting for this game release for a couple of years and we will continue to play it, but we are going to be leveling up pretty slowly, even with some grinding. It's hard to level up without better skills and better weapons, but it's really hard to get the better skills and weapons at a very low level.. which reminds me a bit too much of real life. So it's 4/5 stars for this game instead of 5.
Further updates and news to come!
Update:
1/5 stars. Why?
After playing this game for about 6 weeks.. or should I say trying to play it, one thing seems clear: the game company isn't going to fix a big problem. About a week after the game's release, there was a huge 'patch' that was supposed to fix (among other things) invisible NPCs (non playable characters), and Error 318 (which randomly kicks you off the game without warning, no matter where you are or what you're doing).
I complained to the game company via Twitter about these ongoing issues after the patch. And complained. They tweeted they were 'aware' of the problems. They suggested the problem was my PS4. They suggested the problem was my internet service provider or internet speed. They suggested a lot of things. But no matter which hoops I jumped through such as deleting game save data *on a daily basis*, deleting and reinstalling ESO (which took many hours!), grilling my isp, etc.. it comes down to this:
1. I'm not the only one getting kicked off as many as 5 times per hour with Error 318 or Error 303.
2. We are in Canada, USA, and Mexico; rural, semi-rural, urban; with several different isps. People in Toronto or Los Angeles or Mexico City are having the same issues as people in rural Montana.
3. We agree we aren't the problem, nor are our PS4s.
4. Each of us has opened a second PSN (Playstation Network) account and has played ESO on that other account between 10 to 50 hours now (I just it the 50 hour mark today on my other PSN account) and have had ZERO error messages on the other accounts.. So....
5. If we or our isps or our PS4s were the issue, then we would've had error messages on our other accounts. We haven't. Which makes me think something with this game company just doesn't add up. It *seems* the Error issues are account-specific. And that brings up some ugly issues, such as why certain accounts seem to be targeted. And it makes me think this issue won't be fixed. And I've stopped playing ESO.
I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone at this point. If it works for you, it'll work fine, no Error messages (like it does for many people I know). But if it doesn't work fine, then you'll spend time every single time you play trying to get back on the game, and the game company will throw you, your isp, your PS4, Sony, and your game download under the bus, until you realize it's the game company that's at fault.. because they're the only constant in this.

EcoBox 9 x 9 x 6-Inch, Corrugated Box (E-65)
EcoBox 9 x 9 x 6-Inch, Corrugated Box (E-65)
Price: CDN$ 4.69
2 used & new from CDN$ 4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, simple, sturdy, June 9 2015
These little gems are very sturdy (great for sending small packages from Canada to the U.S.), are much cheaper than less sturdy boxes sold at (for example) Walmartian, and are well made (not warped or have different-sized flaps or something). They're clean, no odour, arrive/store flat, are easy to put together.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19