Profile for R3aLiTY_bYt3s > Reviews

Content by R3aLiTY_bYt3s
Top Reviewer Ranking: 306

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

R3aLiTY_bYt3s "R3aLiTY_bYt3s" (Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Movie 43
Movie 43
DVD ~ Dennis Quaid
Price: CDN$ 9.85
14 used & new from CDN$ 2.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it minus 20 stars if I could. O. M. G., April 23 2015
This review is from: Movie 43 (DVD)
First of all, I couldn't believe a film with so many "big names" could be as bad as some reviews stated, so I had to see it for myself. I like most Family Guy episodes, I've played Back to the Multiverse and the Saints Row series on PS3, I often like raunchy, good humour, and I have a pretty open mind, so I was unprepared for how much I disliked Movie 43.
Actually, more than disliked. I felt physically ill watching this film. It wasn't funny, but while others might whine about parts of it being politically incorrect, I think it's more accurate to say it just wasn't funny, was disgusting (but not in a good or a funny way), was pointless, lacked direction, but mainly wasn't funny. Films like this can be good -- I liked Amazon Women On The Moon -- but Movie 43 is the worst film I've ever seen and that's really saying something. I've watched more films than most people I know, including foreign language, artsy, avant gard, low budget, but seriously Movie 43 is the absolute worst.
Segments such as a woman (played by Anna Faris) begging her boyfriend to crap diareah on her, a cartoon cat sticking a hairbrush handle up his butt, two guys beating up and killing two "leprechauns" and chucking the bodies in a garbage can.. not funny. And really disgusting. At several points I felt physically ill. If all that wasn't bad enough, the incredibly jerky/shaky handheld camera look to some of the segments added to the feeling that someone with more money than brains took PCP while writing a "script", then blackmailed big stars into being in this rotting turkey :(

Advantus Self Adhesive Clear Mailing Seals, 1-Inch in Diameter, Circle Shaped, 120 Labels (Z06176)

1.0 out of 5 stars Either a Very old batch, or very poor quality, March 18 2015
I thought these seals might be a good way to show when Canada Post tampers with envelopes I send, but either the product quality is extremely poor, or I got a very old batch of seals. They're hazy yellowish instead of clear and they're syrupy, oozy, overly-sticky and messy, not simply sticky with a (good quality) adhesive. The cheapo, syrupy adhesive smears all over an envelope and my hands and looks awful. I'm told it doesn't stay on the envelope till it reaches the destination, but leaves a syrupy sticky residue where it used to be on the envelope. A waste of money. Disappointing.

Doberman Security SE-0109 Entry Defense, Silver/black
Doberman Security SE-0109 Entry Defense, Silver/black
Price: CDN$ 9.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Misleading product info too., March 18 2015
The outer packaging states this alarm is 100 decibels, however once you open the extremely-difficult-to-open hard plastic packaging that requires heavy duty scissors and/or wire cutters to open, the instructions sheet states the alarm is 95 decibels but can also be significantly quieter depending on how fresh the AAA batteries are in the device (batteries not included).
I assumed once I defeated the horrible packaging, bought batteries, installed them, and cleaned the door and door frame, the device would be ready to go.. but no. That was when I found out the sticky stuff on the two parts of the device isn't sticky enough to stick. So I bought some double-sided heavy-duty tape. So, between the cost of replacing the scissors I broke trying to open the package, batteries, and surprisingly costly double-sided tape, this device didn't turn out to be such a bargain.
The first time I tested it after mounting it to the door, it seemed quieter than 100 db or 95 db. I used a decibel-measure app and found that with new alkaline batteries (as the instructions state to use), the alarm was around 53 decibels.
Really disappointed with this product and the manufacturer.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Dvd case plastic would be thicker & sturdier, Feb. 7 2015
I wanted this to try to hide the mess of cords (the ones that are all 4 feet too long) for my router, phone provider box, etc and this technically does that job. I ordered black because white wasn't available, so I admit it wasn't my first choice. However, I thought the plastic would be better quality plastic. It's thin, brittle, with sharp edges, and the parts I thought would click or snap together don't. It arrived cracked (presumably from it's trip through the mail system), but at some point I'll try to repair it and paint it white or silver. If it lasts that long. It doesn't seem sturdy at all. I wouldn't buy this for a friend or a relative, but for me for now it'll do.. out of sight.

ACCO Brass Plated Paper Fastener, 1-Inch Length, 100 Fasteners per Box (A7071710)
Price: CDN$ 3.66
7 used & new from CDN$ 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for holding papers together! Cover up ugly screw holes (read review), Jan. 19 2015
Not much can be said about these. They're the same colour in person as they are on the product page, good price, seem ok. I didn't buy them for the "usual" purpose (holding papers together) tho. I wanted something a little snazzy, with a big head, and not too too long to put in the ugly big screw holes in the living room wall where the curtain rods used to be in my rented apartment. These fasteners plug the ugly holes perfectly, look nice, cover the ugly screw holes, and will be easy to remove when my lease expires and I have to put the hideous curtains back up.

Household Essentials 99573 Moisture Absorber Tub, Unscented, 4.5-Ounce, Set of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Something every home should have!, Jan. 19 2015
Simple, straightforward, lightweight product that is odourless, fits easily on a shelf or behind an appliance, and does what it claims to. So naturally when I tried to order more the other day, I found Amazon no longer carries it. (Pretty much anything I really like gets discontinued almost immediately).
I like that this product is odourless, the plastic case is also odourless (although the lids can get cracked in the mail, but it's nothing a dab of Gorilla Glue can't fix), the inner foil is easy to remove (no plyers or knife or strong manly-man fingers required), and that it takes a Lot of moisture out of the air. How much? I can now have a hot shower (without the fan on) and there's no condensation on the mirrors or windows in my apartment. Ice isn't forming on the bottom part of my living room windows (and peeing onto the floor on rare days when the sun comes out). My laundry room feels dry too. I have one Moisture Absorber tub in my bathroom and one in the laundry room.
The tubs are slowly getting a bit heavier (trapped absorbed moisture), but there's still no odour, and the safety lid is spill-proof. I like that this product is low tec, and therefore not much can go wrong with it. Also, because it has no moving parts, it's silent.
The only thing I didn't count on was that my skin and lips feel a bit drier -- like when I've been in Arizona or southern California -- and I'm a bit thirstier than usual, but I can live with it. I drink an extra glass of water a day, water my plants a bit more often, and use hand cream a little more.

Household Essentials 99570 Moisture Absorber Tub with Charcoal, Unscented, 13.5-Ounce

5.0 out of 5 stars Something no home should be without!, Jan. 19 2015

Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer
Germ Guardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer
Price: CDN$ 38.98
10 used & new from CDN$ 38.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Great air cleaner, but it's so loud no one wants to use it, Jan. 19 2015
A friend bought one of these for me after the one I ordered got "lost" by Canada Post. I was grateful to her.. until I plugged it in. But more about that in a moment.
As an air filtration and cleaner, I'd give it 5 out of 5 stars.
It's large, as in it takes over an entire wall outlet, however the prongs swivel so you can direct the (strong!) constant blast of clean air.
I don't mind the size and I like being able to direct the stream of clean air. However.. and this is the deal-breaker.. this product is LOUD. It's certainly not 'whisper quiet' as advertised, and it's louder than 30 decibels as one reviewer guesstimated. How loud? It sounds like my vacuum cleaner is running (bare floor cycle, not power rug cycle). Loud enough to drown out ordinary conversation, make it impossible to have a phone conversation, sleep, relax, or to listen to a film or tv show. I couldn't take the constant noise in the bedroom or bathroom (can hear it through a closed door!), so it went into the front hall. Still too noisy, so I put it in the laundry room, which is at the opposite end of the apartment from my bedroom. But I can still hear it, even with the laundry room door closed. If I'm in the living room (2 rooms away from the laundry room), I can hear this product over the sounds of the washing machine and dryer.
I tried two different decibel-measure apps and found this product to be in the 60 decibels range. That's up there with restaurant noise and loud conversations. And it's Annoying.
So, minus 5 out of 5 stars for Noise. Because it doesn't have to be that loud. Because we can put probes on Mars, map the human genome, and use drones 5 miles above the earth to fire a missle to within 6 inches of it's target, so making this product quieter isn't too much to expect.
I gave this product back to my friend, who thought my hearing must just be "too good", but she and her family also found it way too loud. It kept them awake, drown out conversations, and could even be heard when put in their basement. She gave it to her mother-in-law (who is a bit hard of hearing), but even she found it too loud and didn't want to keep it or keep using it. Everyone loves it and wants to use it.. until they hear it :-(

Glad Easy-Tie Tall Kitchen Catcher with Febreze Freshness 30 Count
Glad Easy-Tie Tall Kitchen Catcher with Febreze Freshness 30 Count
Price: CDN$ 6.88

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 reasons to love these bags, Jan. 2 2015
5 reasons to love these bags:
1. They're the right size for larger garbage bins that are between the tiny bin that is mounted on the cabinet door under most people's kitchen sink size and the OMG size of outdoor household garbage bin.
2. They have a not unpleasant odour that doesn't overpower (or bother a loved one's asthma), and really does seem to neutralize nasty trash odours. I think the smell attached to the bags actually smells more pleasant when it's masking other odours.
3. They're thicker and seem stronger than the average generic or no name trash bag. They're not the overpriced stretch flex bags, but they're much sturdier and forgiving than generic bags. I only ever need one. I have to double or triple bag when using generic, so where's the sense or savings in that. These bags are plastic bags, not plastic film bags.
4. I find these easier to open. As in the end that's supposed to open, does. And easily. Unlike most generic bags, that seem to almost be glued shut like fresh produce film bags at the grocery store :p
5. They're loose in the box, not wound tightly on a roll you have to fight with and peel off, often accidentally dropping the roll on your foot :p
◇I also like the flaps at the open end, rather than having to deal with twist ties. I don't use the flaps because I tie my bags in an unusual way my father taught me, but I'm glad this product doesn't come with twist ties that launch themselves out of the box and must be stored for "some day" or thrown away because they're not supposed to go into recycling bins here.◇

Poirot: Hercule Poirot's Christmas
Poirot: Hercule Poirot's Christmas
DVD ~ Poirot/David Suchet
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 47.60
7 used & new from CDN$ 19.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Dust off the little grey cells.. and enjoy!, Jan. 2 2015
5 reasons to watch Hercule Poirot's Christmas:
1. David Suchet IS Poirot, as in the best Poirot. He and other cast members don't disappoint.
2. It's an interesting character study in -- among other things -- how people use each other. And a good reminder to never underestimate anyone.
3. Twists and turns, including the murderer's identity and motive keep the story interesting.
4. Highly annoying Capt. Hastings (Hugh Fraser) isn't in this episode. Yay!
5. It's a look back at history; at attitudes, traditions, and so forth. Such as the attitude of "You two should get along well. You're both.. foreign."
◇Hercule Poirot wishes to enjoy a quiet Christmas on his own, but when the heat in his apartment goes out unexpectedly and it won't be fixed for days, he doesn't dismiss an offer of employment for the holidays from a miserable old coot named Simeon Lee.. after Lee assures him his home has central heating, of course! Lol. Inspector Japp and his wife head to her parents' home in Wales for the holidays as Poirot travels to the Lee home, where little is as (or who) it seems.◇ We watch this every christmas holiday season. Always enjoy it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17