Profile for R3aLiTY_bYt3s > Reviews

Content by R3aLiTY_bYt3s
Top Reviewer Ranking: 248

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

R3aLiTY_bYt3s "R3aLiTY_bYt3s" (Canada)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18
Ivation Portable High Capacity Household Icemaker w/Easy-Touch Buttons for Digital Operation-Features 2.5-Quart Water Reservoir - 2 Selectable Cube Sizes - Yield of up to 26.5 Pounds of Ice Daily

1.0 out of 5 stars Headache in 6 minutes.. Ice in (maybe?) 6 days, July 16 2015
First of all, I just checked the product description and verified I remembered the claim of ice in 6 minutes.
- This is my third try in as many days, and after running constantly for over 2 hours today (for example), there are only 20 small ice cubes (several of them are only tiny, partial ice cubes in the cube catcher tray (it started to make ice after machine was running almost an hour)). To put this in perspective, this number of small ice cubes is barely enough to cover the bottom of the ice catcher tray.
- The machine's outflow fan (located on the side of the machine) is very strong.. strong enough to blow papers off the counter.
- The machine doesn't come apart for cleaning (other than the plastic ice cube catcher thing), and there seem to be many places where mold could grow, such as around the (loose, wobbly) water intake knob at the bottom of the water reservoir.
- The machine is heavy, larger than the biggest home bread machine I've seen, and takes up considerable counter space.
- The instructions are short but seem thorough.. until you realize it doesn't tell you (for example) where to pour water into the machine. The white printing on the white water reservoir is hard to see.
I can deal with the large size, heavy duty fan, and cleaning concerns.. IF it will make ice, and lots of it.
But so far it isn't. It makes grinding noises, shudders, and seems constipated. I DID follow the instructions. I used bottled, non carbonated water (our tap water is hard water and gums up everything with scales and deposits). I filled the water reservoir to the Max line, not below or above. The air intake (on the back) and air output vents are not blocked in any way. I've set it to make small cubes one day, large cubes the next. But around the 7 or 8 HOUR mark * , I give up, put what little ice there is in the cube catcher tray into my freezer, empty the water reservoir, dry it out, then leave it overnight.
* This machine turns off/goes to standby mode only when the ice catcher thing is FULL, which hasn't happened yet, even after running for 8 hours.
I don't know if it was damaged in transit (the manufacturer's box was sure mangled and Amazon didn't put the manufacturer's box into an Amazon box), but I'm really unhappy with the way this machine doesn't work. At this rate, the ice catcher tray might be full in 6 days.. not 6 minutes or even 6 hours!
As for the seller's claim of ice in 6 minutes. With his/her concept of time, he/she will live about a million years.

Better Houseware 1244/2 Cubette Ice Trays, White
Better Houseware 1244/2 Cubette Ice Trays, White
Price: CDN$ 3.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, July 16 2015
I used these several times and repeatedly found I couldn't get the ice cubes out.. not without putting a tray in a bag and banging it upside down on the counter.. which just shattered most of them. And on the last try, one tray broke :(
The plastic is rigid and I don't have big Dwayne Johnson man hands to twist this plastic to (possibly) make the ice cubes pop out.
I also found these very hard to clean. In the dishwasher (top rack) the trays banged around, collected a lot of water and debris in the underside, and still smelled kind of.. plasticy (if that's a word) after repeated hand-washings.
I was very unhappy with this purchase.

Anker® Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for iPad Air / iPad Mini 2 / iPad Mini / New iPad 3 / iPad 2 / Nexus 7 / Galaxy Tab and Other Tablets- White
Offered by AnkerDirect-CA
Price: CDN$ 39.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 25.99

1.0 out of 5 stars If it would STAY paired: 4/5 stars... but it won't stay paired, July 8 2015
This is a great keyboard.. thin, light weight, nice feel to it, quiet keys when you type. It pairs to a PS3 and a PS4. But. It. Won't. Stay. Paired. Omg!
It can stay paired for a week, or need to be re-paired six times in a day (and the re-pairing process can be easy and quick or have to be re-done over and over and over before it's successfully paired once more). It's performance seems very random. And extremely annoying.
I initially thought this was a great keyboard and ordered an additional one for my nearest and dearest for her PS3. I use mine for my PS4 (when the keyboard decides to work). We live in different homes. I mention these facts because several people have suggested our keyboards get 'confused' switching back and forth between consoles (there simply is no switching), or that it's 'not designed' to work for the PS3 or the PS4 (and yet it can and does), or that we are somehow too stupid to operate a keyboard :p There is no 'interference' from whatever or wherever that messes up bluetooth connections in our homes either (other bluetooth devices work fine in our homes, including but not limited to working with the PS3 and PS4).
My nearest and dearest likes the keyboard... but would love it IF it would STAY paired. My opinion of this keyboard would be much better if my keyboard would stay paired.
Other issues? This keyboard goes through batteries kind of fast.. I've changed them over once already during my first month of use. Yes, I do turn off the keyboard after I finish typing messages or before I turn off the PS4 or decide to play a game. And some of the keys stick from time to time, so (for example) like becomes likeeeeeeeeeeeee. And no, I/we haven't spilled food or drink on the keyboard/s. We don't have pets or kids or a roommate, so this issue is a puzzle. After about a month of this drama though, I've run out of ideas to try and links to try on Google and I've started looking for a replacement that's a different brand.

Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition
Price: CDN$ 62.64
10 used & new from CDN$ 55.89

1.0 out of 5 stars The first Elder Scrolls online multiplayer for a console.. (& Error messages galore!), June 13 2015
Original review: 4/5 stars:
This week this MMO (massive multiplayer online) for PS4 launched and, in spite of server errors and overwhelmed servers (one of my waiting-to-enter-the-game queues showed me as 394,352 in line!), it's a huge success with not only Oblivion and Skyrim fans from PS2 and PS3, but also with PC gamers who've been playing the Elder Scrolls Online computer game version for about a year and who can import their game saves to the PS4 and join in the Playstation experience.
This game offers the whole world of Tamriel to explore (as opposed to one province as in Skyrim), and is set centuries before the PS3 game Skyrim.
There are far more critters (like giant bugs and reptiles, bears, wolves), bandits, assassins, zombies (yes, zombies), werewolves, and so forth trying to kill you, more quests, much better graphics, and much faster load times than Skyrim or Oblivion.
ESO being an online multiplayer, you can voice chat with your friends all over the world (you can load your avatar onto North American or European servers) while you battle big bad bosses, improve armor, explore, and have fun. You can Group chat in-game or use Party Chat on the PS4 or PS Vita.
I realise this is a new game, designed for a new console, but I do miss the old ways of doing things, like the ability to easily store items and so forth like in Skyrim. Your ESO avatar has a very limited amount of inventory slots (you can purchase more, but they're expensive), but it's based on number of slots, not the weight of items (unlike in Oblivion and in Skyrim); you can store extra items in a "bank" in the game (but again, limited number of slots, and you must purchase more); you can send unwanted items in game to a friend, trade with other players, destroy items (instead of drop them), or use/consume them.
The lack of storage rubs me a little bit the wrong way, as does the lack of a close-up zoom in feature on the map, but what really irritates me is the astonishingly slow accumulation of in-game gold currency (merchants don't pay much, many items are worthless, and looted or rewarded gold amounts to very little -- like 32 gold for completing a series of tasks ending in completion of a quest at lower levels) and the pushing of purchasing "gold crowns" for real world money (about 5,200 crowns for about $40 I believe) to buy upgrades, mounts, pets, clothing, soul gems* (*so you can respawn closer to where you got killed off) are just cheesy. If you want to spend your time stealing items to make money, be aware there's a limit to how much you can sell per day unless you (no surprise) pay to upgrade.
I know Bethesda games changed it from subscription pay-as-you-play for PC gamers to free-to-play for PS4, but after you lay out $80 for a game bundle like the Imperial bundle and about $600 for a PS4, a better quality headset, and a second game controller, finding out the game is only free to play if you're ok with levelling slowly is a bit of a jolt.
My friends and I have been waiting for this game release for a couple of years and we will continue to play it, but we are going to be leveling up pretty slowly, even with some grinding. It's hard to level up without better skills and better weapons, but it's really hard to get the better skills and weapons at a very low level.. which reminds me a bit too much of real life. So it's 4/5 stars for this game instead of 5.
Further updates and news to come!
Update:
1/5 stars. Why?
After playing this game for about 6 weeks.. or should I say trying to play it, one thing seems clear: the game company isn't going to fix a big problem. About a week after the game's release, there was a huge 'patch' that was supposed to fix (among other things) invisible NPCs (non playable characters), and Error 318 (which randomly kicks you off the game without warning, no matter where you are or what you're doing).
I complained to the game company via Twitter about these ongoing issues after the patch. And complained. They tweeted they were 'aware' of the problems. They suggested the problem was my PS4. They suggested the problem was my internet service provider or internet speed. They suggested a lot of things. But no matter which hoops I jumped through such as deleting game save data *on a daily basis*, deleting and reinstalling ESO (which took many hours!), grilling my isp, etc.. it comes down to this:
1. I'm not the only one getting kicked off as many as 5 times per hour with Error 318 or Error 303.
2. We are in Canada, USA, and Mexico; rural, semi-rural, urban; with several different isps. People in Toronto or Los Angeles or Mexico City are having the same issues as people in rural Montana.
3. We agree we aren't the problem, nor are our PS4s.
4. Each of us has opened a second PSN (Playstation Network) account and has played ESO on that other account between 10 to 50 hours now (I just it the 50 hour mark today on my other PSN account) and have had ZERO error messages on the other accounts.. So....
5. If we or our isps or our PS4s were the issue, then we would've had error messages on our other accounts. We haven't. Which makes me think something with this game company just doesn't add up. It *seems* the Error issues are account-specific. And that brings up some ugly issues, such as why certain accounts seem to be targeted. And it makes me think this issue won't be fixed. And I've stopped playing ESO.
I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone at this point. If it works for you, it'll work fine, no Error messages (like it does for many people I know). But if it doesn't work fine, then you'll spend time every single time you play trying to get back on the game, and the game company will throw you, your isp, your PS4, Sony, and your game download under the bus, until you realize it's the game company that's at fault.. because they're the only constant in this.

EcoBox 9 x 9 x 6-Inch, Corrugated Box (E-65)
EcoBox 9 x 9 x 6-Inch, Corrugated Box (E-65)
Price: CDN$ 4.69
2 used & new from CDN$ 4.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, simple, sturdy, June 9 2015
These little gems are very sturdy (great for sending small packages from Canada to the U.S.), are much cheaper than less sturdy boxes sold at (for example) Walmartian, and are well made (not warped or have different-sized flaps or something). They're clean, no odour, arrive/store flat, are easy to put together.

Oasis Supply Small Seashell Mold, Silicone
Oasis Supply Small Seashell Mold, Silicone
Price: CDN$ 15.11
4 used & new from CDN$ 15.11

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, and I'll tell you why.., June 9 2015
I had an idea of the size of this item before I ordered it, but I didn't realize the shell would be so small or so shallow. Or so sticky. By sticky I mean after hand-washing it, I tried it with warm (not hot) melted chocolate, but it came out in bits and much of the chocolate stuck to the tiny detail inside the shell part of the mode, even when I tried it again but put it in the fridge, then freezer to try to help it come out of the mold. Again, crumbly, disappointing results.
Then i tried it with plaster. Same thing. Much of the plaster (that I used successfully in different molds) got stuck to the fine detail inside the shell design.
The silicone doesn't smell bad but it seems a bit sticky. I haven't washed it in hot water, haven't boiled it, haven't baked it, haven't put it through the dishwasher. This stickiness and the shallowness of the shell in general and the finer details in particular seem to be what makes this mold a waste of time, energy, and money in my experience.
On the plus side, a friend who saw it (empty) on my kitchen counter thought it was some sort of contraceptive device. Gave me a hearty laugh. She laughed too once I could stop laughing long enough to explain what it is.

Movie 43
Movie 43
DVD ~ Dennis Quaid
Price: CDN$ 4.88
17 used & new from CDN$ 1.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it minus 20 stars if I could. O. M. G., April 23 2015
This review is from: Movie 43 (DVD)
First of all, I couldn't believe a film with so many "big names" could be as bad as some reviews stated, so I had to see it for myself. I like most Family Guy episodes, I've played Back to the Multiverse and the Saints Row series on PS3, I often like raunchy, good humour, and I have a pretty open mind, so I was unprepared for how much I disliked Movie 43.
Actually, more than disliked. I felt physically ill watching this film. It wasn't funny, but while others might whine about parts of it being politically incorrect, I think it's more accurate to say it just wasn't funny, was disgusting (but not in a good or a funny way), was pointless, lacked direction, but mainly wasn't funny. Films like this can be good -- I liked Amazon Women On The Moon -- but Movie 43 is the worst film I've ever seen and that's really saying something. I've watched more films than most people I know, including foreign language, artsy, avant gard, low budget, but seriously Movie 43 is the absolute worst.
Segments such as a woman (played by Anna Faris) begging her boyfriend to crap diareah on her, a cartoon cat sticking a hairbrush handle up his butt, two guys beating up and killing two "leprechauns" and chucking the bodies in a garbage can.. not funny. And really disgusting. At several points I felt physically ill. If all that wasn't bad enough, the incredibly jerky/shaky handheld camera look to some of the segments added to the feeling that someone with more money than brains took PCP while writing a "script", then blackmailed big stars into being in this rotting turkey :(

Advantus Self Adhesive Clear Mailing Seals, 1-Inch in Diameter, Circle Shaped, 120 Labels (Z06176)
2 used & new from CDN$ 17.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Either a Very old batch, or very poor quality, March 18 2015
I thought these seals might be a good way to show when Canada Post tampers with envelopes I send, but either the product quality is extremely poor, or I got a very old batch of seals. They're hazy yellowish instead of clear and they're syrupy, oozy, overly-sticky and messy, not simply sticky with a (good quality) adhesive. The cheapo, syrupy adhesive smears all over an envelope and my hands and looks awful. I'm told it doesn't stay on the envelope till it reaches the destination, but leaves a syrupy sticky residue where it used to be on the envelope. A waste of money. Disappointing.

Doberman Security SE-0109 Entry Defense, Silver/black
Doberman Security SE-0109 Entry Defense, Silver/black
Price: CDN$ 9.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. Misleading product info too., March 18 2015
The outer packaging states this alarm is 100 decibels, however once you open the extremely-difficult-to-open hard plastic packaging that requires heavy duty scissors and/or wire cutters to open, the instructions sheet states the alarm is 95 decibels but can also be significantly quieter depending on how fresh the AAA batteries are in the device (batteries not included).
I assumed once I defeated the horrible packaging, bought batteries, installed them, and cleaned the door and door frame, the device would be ready to go.. but no. That was when I found out the sticky stuff on the two parts of the device isn't sticky enough to stick. So I bought some double-sided heavy-duty tape. So, between the cost of replacing the scissors I broke trying to open the package, batteries, and surprisingly costly double-sided tape, this device didn't turn out to be such a bargain.
The first time I tested it after mounting it to the door, it seemed quieter than 100 db or 95 db. I used a decibel-measure app and found that with new alkaline batteries (as the instructions state to use), the alarm was around 53 decibels.
Really disappointed with this product and the manufacturer.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Dvd case plastic would be thicker & sturdier, Feb. 7 2015
I wanted this to try to hide the mess of cords (the ones that are all 4 feet too long) for my router, phone provider box, etc and this technically does that job. I ordered black because white wasn't available, so I admit it wasn't my first choice. However, I thought the plastic would be better quality plastic. It's thin, brittle, with sharp edges, and the parts I thought would click or snap together don't. It arrived cracked (presumably from it's trip through the mail system), but at some point I'll try to repair it and paint it white or silver. If it lasts that long. It doesn't seem sturdy at all. I wouldn't buy this for a friend or a relative, but for me for now it'll do.. out of sight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18