Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Cook Music Deals Store Fall Tools
Profile for R3aLiTY_bYt3s > Reviews

Content by R3aLiTY_bYt3s
Top Reviewer Ranking: 274

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

R3aLiTY_bYt3s "R3aLiTY_bYt3s" (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Neenah AstroBright Color Laser/Inkjet Paper, 24-Pound, 8.5 x 11-Inch, 500 Sheets, Red
Price: CDN$ 14.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 14.60

1.0 out of 5 stars "Re-Entry Red", not plain old primary colour red, Sept. 25 2015
I thought this would be the closest to a plain old primary red in colour (vs Rocket Red), but a Re-Entry Red sheet in person doesn't look the same as
a) the product information photo,
b) actual primary red from a different paper brand, or
c) a sheet of Re-Entry Red (same brand) a friend gave me from her order a few months ago.
My Re-Entry Red paper has almost as much of an orangey, salmon hue to it as Rocket Red, and I must admit, I'm disappointed.
Other than the disappointing colour, the paper has a nice feel to it and seems sturdy, not thin and flimsy (like for example school looseleaf paper).

Coffee Bathroom Spa Elastic Headband Hair Band 2 Pcs for Lady
Coffee Bathroom Spa Elastic Headband Hair Band 2 Pcs for Lady

2.0 out of 5 stars Other colours have lasted longer and better, Sept. 20 2015
I've bought several of these in different colours, but only one colour has unraveled/come apart: this coffee/dark brown colour. After a few weeks and several washes, the thread keeping it sewn together came out. If you've ever tried to sew dark thread on dark material or stretchy material, you'll understand why I didn't repair these. I threw them away.
The other colours have survived much better, holding their colours and shapes and stitching for over a year of wearings and (hot water machine) washings. I use one every day in my thick hair, either as a hair band or a pony tail holder, and I toss it into the washing machine each night, so they go through a lot.

Finish Power and Free Jet Dry Dishwasher Rinse Aid Additive with Hydrogen Peroxide Action, 200ml, 6.76-Ounce
Price: CDN$ 3.65

2.0 out of 5 stars Money down the drain, Sept. 20 2015
I don't know if it's because of the hard water here in Alberta, or if this stuff just doesn't work too well. My glass drinking glasses look cloudy and dull, my cutlery looks dull, but not very spotty. My plates and bowls look good though. I don't know if I really notice a difference for the better or worse using this product, but my nearest and dearest faithfully uses this in her dishwasher and swears by it (hence 2 stars instead of 1). But.. she hand-washes her glass drinking glasses, glass bowls, and some cutlery.
If it matters, I use Cascade dishwasher packs/tabs in pre-heated hot water rinse, heated dry cycle. Dishwasher is under two years old, but has significant hard water residue build-up throughout. I was told by the technician who delivered and installed the dishwasher to faithfully use this product to.. ahem.. prevent hard water residue build-up and to get 'sparkling' clean dishes. Gift Card- Email - Flower Heart Gift Card- Email - Flower Heart
Price: CDN$ 100.00

5.0 out of 5 stars How to be popular even with the pickiest & prickliest people, Sept. 20 2015
Not much to say other than it's very hard to go wrong when giving an Amazon gift certificate, which are easy to send (and re-send if the recipient mistakenly deleted it from their e-mail account), whether by e-mail or by snail mailing a printed hard copy printed on your choice of paper.
Even the pickiest and prickliest people can find Something they'll love on Amazon.
We've been satisfied customers for over a dozen years, and we're still surprised at times by the ever-expanding range of things sold by Amazon :)

Whitmor 6154-2616 Mesh Tote
Whitmor 6154-2616 Mesh Tote
Price: CDN$ 6.64
5 used & new from CDN$ 6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, but with one major drawback: everyone who sees it wants it!, Sept. 20 2015
I had no expectations when I ordered two of these bags. I hoped they'd make strong, washable/reusable bags for storing empty jugs and bottles and hold up to trips to the recycling depot, but I prepared myself for returning them to Amazon if they fell apart after the first machine wash or something, as other brands of mesh bags have done. But. They didn't fall apart. They're still going strong and look brand new after repeated washings and outings.
I'm 5'6", so I find these bags a bit long for me, but I stopped caring when I saw how much they can hold!
The drawstring at the top is brilliant, really helps hold empty recyclables that often seem determined to try to make one last bid for freedom, especially in the back seat of my vehicle.
The handles are wide and soft and don't dig into my (sensitive skin) hands, even when I over fill a bag with dirty laundry.
There are only two huge drawbacks to these bags:
1. You'll find SO many different uses for them, you'll be ordering more time after time after time, and
2. Other people who see these bags in action HAVE to have one, so you may have to stand your ground when strangers go gaga over your bags at the grocery store (because they want one for larger grocery items like toilet paper packages, or for storing their kids stuffed toys or toy balls, or want to use it as a catch-all in their car or garage or front entryway), or at the recycling depot (because they want one for their empty bottles and jugs, or for their kids' sports equipment, or for camping/fishing trips). People in lines at various places have offered to buy my bags on the spot, and I've ordered many more for friends and family who have clucked and pointed at my bags because it's JUST what they've been looking for :)

Genuine Joe GJO02312 Heavy Duty Low-Density Kitchen Trash Bag, 13 gallon Capacity, 31" Width x 24" Height x 0.80 mil Thickness, White (Box of 150)
Price: CDN$ 26.79
11 used & new from CDN$ 26.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Bags that ARE trash, Sept. 20 2015
First of all, these do NOT come folded flat, individually folded (as stated in the product description). They are on a roll. In fact several rolls, in a seemingly factory-sealed heavy duty cardboard box (and the box is definitely not a dispenser, but the product description claims it is).
In my case, the edges of all the bags and the outer bag on each roll looked absolutely filthy dirty, covered with what looked like dirt, debris, and industrial type dust (but the inside of the box itself seemed new and reasonably clean). Because of the "miracle" of static cling and because of the way the bags are rolled up, it's simply not possible to adequately clean off all the debris.
I managed to clean off most of it and to store the rolls in sealed ziplock bags, but I carefully open and turn each bag inside out (so the filth is on the inside) before I put it in the rubbish bin, right before I have a shower (that I'm going to have anyway) and put my clothes in the washing machine. I don't want to know or think about what sort of filth is on these bags, but they're technically useable, so I didn't return them to Amazon. But. I'll never order these bags again.
They're also not heavy-duty (as stated in the product description). They're white, not clear as I thought when ordering them and looking at the product page photo, and sort of look like popular brand bags (walk-in store generic, or the big G name brand) but seem to be made of a.. I want to say brittle plastic.. but that's not exactly what I mean. I mean there's absolutely no give, no stretch in these bags, and even the slightest thing like the corner or edge of a breakfast cereal box neatly slices these bags wide open in the bin. And thats without forcing the box in, and with an otherwise empty bag, and the bag isn't stretched to fit the bin.
I have to double or triple bag each bag of trash each time and have to double bag recycling items such as empty plastic bottles just to get them out of my apartment without them.. spontaneously splitting.. I'd call it. I keep my fingernails short, no pets, no kids, nothing sharp along doors or door frames, and I don't tend to chuck out anything particularly pointy or sharp, so I can't understand why these bags can't hold up as well as the flimsiest cheapo generic bags on the market.
There's no savings when one has to double, triple, or quadruple bag trash or recycling to get it to the trash chute or the recycling depot.
I'm really disappointed with these bags and if I could have a do-over, I'd send them back to Amazon with harsh words for the manufacturer.
These bags also have a mild stink of.. well.. that nasty tang of poor quality plastic that many of us over the age of thirty recall from poor quality toys we had (but only till our parents noticed the stink) as children, so if you're sensitive to odd odours, these might make you queasy. It's definitely not some sort of odour suppressing coating that some big name companies use on the insides of their trash bags, and it's not a hold-over smell from the Lysol kitchen wipes I used to try to clean off the top and bottom of each roll.

Paderno 1529 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Paderno 1529 3-Piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Price: CDN$ 39.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The best bowls I've ever used, Sept. 19 2015
I was sick and tired of my dull, dented, too-small mixing bowls with their low sides and tendency to get rust pinpoint spots if they sat unwashed for a few hours. I had no expectations when I ordered these bowls. I figured I'd just replace the rotten ones I had with ones that would be just as rotten in a few short months. Was I mistaken!
I first noticed how shiny these bowls are, and that they're heavier than my old metal bowls. Then I noticed I wouldn't have to stand at the sink for an hour or two coaxing, scrubbing, fingernail-scratching some huge, stupid label glued inside or on the outside of these bowls! Unlike most companies, Paderno doesn't (Crazy) Glue a label on them or in them! Shocking!
But what really made me weak in the knees was how easy these bowls are to use and to clean. With high sides, smooth edges (even under the rim or lip, where most companies fail), and easy clean up (even after sitting overnight waiting for their turn in the dishwasher, and NO rust spots!!), these bowls are a dream to use.
I now actually look forward to adventures in my kitchen and I love these bowls as much now (several months on) as I did initially, while others who have seen/looked at these bowls just have to have them (and then love their own bowls).

Paderno 1539 13-Liter Mixing Bowl
Paderno 1539 13-Liter Mixing Bowl
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS is a mixing bowl! (This bad boy had me at Hello), Sept. 19 2015
Arguably, I'm not a good cook.. however I haven't spent much time cooking/baking because of the fact friends, family, and I couldn't find a proper mixing bowl at walk-in stores Anywhere. Not in Alberta, Saskatchewan, B.C., or Washington state. By 'proper', I mean a bowl that is actually big enough to use for mixing even a single recipe of muffins or cookies, let alone bread dough.
I got sick and tired of baking tasting odd because the dough couldn't be mixed properly, not to mention the mind-numbing mess created by ingredients spilling over bowl edges no matter how careful I was. Because of these issues, I could very easily talk myself out of doing any baking.. until this Paderno bowl came along and swept me off my feet.
The first thing I noticed was the size. I knew he'd be big.. but not THIS big!
With a very shiny surface inside and out and high sides, this bad boy is a dream to use.
Paderno didn't glue a label in or on him like many companies do, so he quickly had his first bath in my dishwasher (taking up the whole rack in my tiny apartment-sized dishwasher), and then was ready for culinary adventures.
I mixed one batch of double chocolate nut cookies in my bad boy with loads of room to spare. I mixed a doubled recipe of muffins another day with no spillage issues. Then I mixed up a triple recipe of muffins, again with plenty of room to spare, and no spillage. Siiiigh <3
He cleans up easily, has smooth edges (even under the rim or lip, which is where most companies fail), is heavy duty (I accidentally fumbled him the first time I put him up on his shelf and when the bottom hit the top of my head it actually didn't dent this bowl!), and is a dream to use.
I've gotten rid of my dented, lighter-weight, useless, dull-finished "mixing" bowls, and it's a delight to use this bad boy, as well as a set of three smaller Paderno metal bowls.
This bad boy makes it sinfully easy to mix up batters and doughs, and he's given me a confidence in the kitchen I've never known before. He's also charmed everyone who has seen him in person and they've ordered this brand and model bowl for themselves for uses ranging from family-sized bread-making endeavors and foot baths to farm feed minerals mixing and use as a shell for a cat bed (with a sewn, padded liner) for a plus-sized indoor kitty who loves to lay in bowls and storage containers.
I now look forward to baking, and I can't keep my hands off this bowl for long!

8 Slots Storage Box Case Organizer Display Jewelry Bead Cosmetic Clear Round
8 Slots Storage Box Case Organizer Display Jewelry Bead Cosmetic Clear Round
Offered by Wise Mall
Price: CDN$ 2.39
5 used & new from CDN$ 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, no odour, stackable, more, Sept. 19 2015
I thought this product was bigger than it is, but I decided to keep it and use it to store smaller items like mini SD cards, tiny screws, pink Benadryls and sinus pills, and rare seeds.. and it's a keeper :)
Friends who have seen this product in person have ordered ones for themselves (for stud earrings, scrapbooking items, tiny tool bits, and DIY fly fishing lure components), and I'm going to order a couple more for myself.
It's a bit smaller than a CD in size.
I hate the stink of cheap plastics, so I was delighted to find this product has no odour,
is smooth (not tacky/sticky like cheap plastics can be),
has no rough edges or joins,
is easy to hand wash with dish soap (the whole top comes off),
is easily stackable with other identical products (and could be stacked quite high with a length of dowling stuck down through the centre hole in each container),
compartments lids shut tightly, and
it's completely clear so I can see exactly what's in which compartment.
If you have big man-hands, this is probably going to be difficult for you to use (such as using your fingertips to clean one compartment or get something out of one compartment without turning it upside down for example), but people with average sized hands and kids shouldn't have any issues.

Tide Refreshing Breeze-Scent, Simply Clean and Fresh Laundry Liquid Detergent 89 Loads, 4.08-Liter, 137.96-Ounce
Price: CDN$ 9.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Smells great, cleans great, Sept. 17 2015
Smells great (a strong, pleasant smell in my opinion), and cleans very well (I wash most items in hot water), including being unusually good at getting out stains like blood and iced tea.
I prefer liquid laundry soap instead of dry flakes because many companies put crushed glass and/or fibreglass into dry flakes to give your clothes the optical illusion of being whiter (the fibreglass hooks onto clothing fibres -- and causes serious skin problems for people like me) as Google can explain, but not many liquid detergents have a strong scent one mainly finds in dry flakes.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20