Profile for Adil > Reviews

Content by Adil

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Adil

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) Box Set - [9-Disc Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Mark Hamill
Price: CDN$ 89.99
13 used & new from CDN$ 82.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Better quality then I remember. Concise., Oct. 23 2011
I am more of a star trek fan but if you like movies, you have to get the Star Wars Collection. They are not great and like some of the good movies I we loved 10-20 years ago, they are dated now. The quality of the movies are exponentially better then anything before. If you want to get star wars, get it on bluray. Not a bad deal if you get a discount on the price on amazon. I don't care too much about the special features since I am not a fanatic, they are ok. The best bonus thing that I thought with the set is the unique "book-like" bluray case.
Bottom Line: If you are thinking of getting it, get it... but on sale 'cause they movies are not that great by today's standard and special effects.

Verbatim TUFF 'N' TINY 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive 97168 (Black)
Verbatim TUFF 'N' TINY 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive 97168 (Black)
Price: CDN$ 27.12
7 used & new from CDN$ 27.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Aug. 7 2011
Works like they say. Noone that I show it to believes it is what it is. Had it only for 1 year so can't say much about durability. Worked after I went for a swim with it.

EZOPower Apple Approved Car Charger+USB Hotsync & Charging Data Cable+Black Soft Mesh Case+LCD Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 4 (CDMA)
Offered by emaxland
Price: CDN$ 10.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, Aug. 7 2011
Lost my orignal charger. Bought this cause it was cheap for the stuff you get. Charges fine but does not sync when connected to laptop. Also, doesn't fit as easily into iphone.
Bottom line: if you want a cheap charger, get it. If you want something that is just as good as the orignal, don't.

Metal Case for iPhone 3G/3GS (Silver)
Metal Case for iPhone 3G/3GS (Silver)
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 4.15

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, Aug. 7 2011
Stylish and durable. Not awesome but holds it own. All one piece so it doesn't open/fall apart like the last case I had. No leather/plastic parts to break/tear.

Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import]
Planet Earth: The Complete Series [Blu-ray] [Import]
DVD ~ David Attenborough
Price: CDN$ 79.15
31 used & new from CDN$ 22.75

3.0 out of 5 stars Good 3 years ago, Jan. 13 2011
Hi all,
I bought this Blu-ray in Dec2010. Always heard that it was great and had great visuals and had seen snipets a couple of years ago on Discovery. Wanted my young son to see it and learn about nature.
PROS: Visuals still good. Easy to use menu. Good Sound.
CONS: Now in 2010-2011, visuals have a higher benchmark and it is not top of the line anymore. Kinda expensive for what you get in 2011 if you don't get it on sale. Not the best for kids because there are scenes where wolves eat baby deers.. I know that is part of nature but I would like to avoid my son getting traumatized or scared. Probally better when they are older than 7-8.
Later

Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology
Oxford American Handbook of Rheumatology
by Philip Seo
Edition: Flexibound
Price: CDN$ 42.09
15 used & new from CDN$ 8.52

4.0 out of 5 stars No Bad..., Oct. 26 2010
Pros: Good book in terms of topics covered. Small and compact. Water resistant cover.

Cons: I did not feel that it was organised well. The Index was very confusing (too many topics) and often if you want to read about a particular disease( e.g. RA), it would give you page numbers all over the book and it would be hard to find the section on it. Few "approach to:" sections, differentials and treatment plans (algorithims) , which I find is very valuable to residents. Needs more pictures in the individual sections.

Verdict: Buy if you get it cheap and you don't have another pocket book in Rheum already.