Profile for larry morris > Reviews

Content by larry morris

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

larry morris

Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black
Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black
2 used & new from CDN$ 216.70

4.0 out of 5 stars If you have more than an 8 cup coffee maker, you will have to grind enough coffee beans in 2 batches, interupted by 5 minutes, May 2 2014
I gave this product a rating of just 4 stars, because the literature did not describe how much the machine can grind at one time which turns out to be (20 seconds on the timer) the amount of ground coffee needed to brew 8 cups of fresh coffee. I would not have bought it had I known that it only grinds enough for an 8 cup coffee maker at one time, before it has to be turned off to let the machine's motor cool down and then grind the remaining beans in order to have 10 cups of fresh coffee. I also got this grinder for $78 at Sears on sale and not the $130 as advertised on your site. I will admit that the machine is that good that I bought an 8 cup coffee maker to accomodate the maximum capacity of the grinder of 8 cups, to avoid the waiting of 5 minutes and the subsequent grinding of the beans to produce grinds for the other 2 cups for my coffee maker. Worth every penny if all you want to grind is enough coffee beans to give you 8 cups of fresh coffee!!

Hamilton Beach Custom Grind(TM) Deluxe Coffee Grinder
Hamilton Beach Custom Grind(TM) Deluxe Coffee Grinder
Price: CDN$ 19.95
9 used & new from CDN$ 17.78

3.0 out of 5 stars The Coffee Grinder, is not automatic !!!, Nov. 4 2013
I used the coffee grinder every day for about a week to grind beans for 14 cups of coffee. After that, I had to hold the plastic top on by hand to keep it on and running through the grinding cycle for the 14 cups as it would shut down when the top came loose shortly after its initial grinding cycle begins. It looks nice, but after reading some of the other reviews that state the same thing, you would think the maker would remedy this shortfall in the product. Shame on you Hamilton Beach! I should say that the grinder does a good job grinding to the proper fineness, it is just the fact that I have to hold the top on by hand in order to do any grinding of the coffee beans.

Norpro French Fry Cutter
Norpro French Fry Cutter
Price: CDN$ 29.90
7 used & new from CDN$ 29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Read below, you will see that it is good value for the $$$$ (larry from Barrie), Oct. 1 2013
This review is from: Norpro French Fry Cutter (Kitchen)
Sturdy unit. Holds securely to the counter. Cuts 2 sizes of fries. Releases easily from the counter. Cleans up easily and stores nicely.

GROSCHE BERLIN DUOTHERM Double Wall Glasses - cups / mugs - 12 Oz , set of 2
GROSCHE BERLIN DUOTHERM Double Wall Glasses - cups / mugs - 12 Oz , set of 2
Offered by Rizpresso
Price: CDN$ 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Price = Good Value (larry from Barrie), Oct. 1 2013
This double walled cup/mug holds a good amount of coffee, and keeps it hot much longer than a normal cup/mug. It has a wide flat bottom that sits nicely on the couch. From a distance the coffee looks like it is suspended in the air!!!

Ragalta Black and Decker Floor Fan Air Circulator, 20-Inch, BDBF-520
Ragalta Black and Decker Floor Fan Air Circulator, 20-Inch, BDBF-520
3 used & new from CDN$ 91.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for the Money. (larry from Barrie), Oct. 1 2013
Use this air circulator to blow basement air, up the basement stairs, and into the main living area of the house (bungalow). It cuts down on the times the A/C needs to come on.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars The price is right, but the zipper system isn't., May 27 2011
I purchased this dogpedic bed on May 20th, 2011. I recieved it on May 25th, 2011. When trying to put the bed cover on, I noticed that the zipper was jamed and could only be moved about 1 inch at a time, and only with much force on my part. By the time I had the bed cover on, the zipper head had come away from the zipper teeth, which meant that I would have no way of removing the bed cover for laundering. I emailed MixDirect explaining things, and they want me to return the whole thing, and at a shipping cost of $17, and they will send me a new one. I think in the future I will only deal with Amazon.CA and not a third party. I think what should of happened is that I send only the bed cover with the zipper system back, and they would send me a replacement bed cover with a functioning zipper system. Good bed for my 75lb. LAB, but am not satisfied with MixDirect response to my situation and Amazon.CA hands off policy regarding this matter. Oh well there is something to be said for buying locally, where you can just go down the street and talk to someone face to face, rather than going through this dog and pony show.

300 Best Canadian Bread Machine Recipes
300 Best Canadian Bread Machine Recipes
by Donna Washburn
Price: CDN$ 17.52
12 used & new from CDN$ 13.00

4.0 out of 5 stars review of bread machine recipe book, March 1 2011
I find this book (300 Best Canadian Bread Machine Recipes) to be

WELL worth the money I paid for it, especially considering the fact that I saved almost 50% by not buying it locally here in Barrie, Ontario. Quite easy to follow and full of good tips and guidance all through the book, makes my bread machine, that I had not used in some time, come back to life again.