Profile for Guitarzan > Reviews

Content by Guitarzan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Guitarzan (London, Ont.)

Pyle-Pro PDMIC58 Professional Moving Coil Dynamic Handheld Microphone
Pyle-Pro PDMIC58 Professional Moving Coil Dynamic Handheld Microphone
Price: CDN$ 28.38
13 used & new from CDN$ 20.41

1.0 out of 5 stars I do appreciate the great no fuss return policy of Amazon and this one ..., Feb. 24 2015
Mic didn't work. I opened it up and found they NEVER ATTACHED THE WIRES TO THE XLR OUTPUT! I don't think the consumer is responsible for finishing the job of soldering and connecting wires that somebody in the factory just packed up without doing. I do appreciate the great no fuss return policy of Amazon and this one star review solely reflects the product only. I will stay clear of Pyle-Pro from now on.

Listen to the Flowers Grow
Listen to the Flowers Grow
Price: CDN$ 20.07
21 used & new from CDN$ 8.91

2.0 out of 5 stars Lo fi disappointment, Oct. 18 2013
I know the description says re-mastered (a loosely used term these days not necessarily meaning better), but a lot of these recordings sound like vinyl rips.

The Sugar Shoppe
The Sugar Shoppe
Price: CDN$ 22.08
20 used & new from CDN$ 10.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential Sunshine, June 7 2013
This review is from: The Sugar Shoppe (Audio CD)
It's a shame the Sugar Shoppe put out only one album. Why they never achieved more success leaves me scratching my head. The CD has excellent sound quality as it is taken from the masters and as usual, Nowsounds puts out a great booklet to go with it. Bonus tracks too, including a great rendition of `Save The Country` which was done before the 5th Dimension and I think is done better as well. If you`re looking for sunshine pop with a Mamas and Papas vibe to it, get this one immediately!

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Unrated Widescreen Edition) / Les nuits de Talladega: La ballade de Ricky Bobby (L'intégrale non censurée) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Will Ferrell
Price: CDN$ 5.97
27 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Get The PG-13 version, Dec 25 2006
I got this movie for a Christmas present after having thoroughly enjoyed the film with my kids (14 & 10) in the theatre.The problem was, we got the uncut/unrated version instead of the PG-13. I had to shut the movie off less than a half hour in. This version cuts important scenes, has more gratuitous swearing and sexual innuendo and basically loses all the charm of the movie we saw in the theatre.Why they call it "Uncut" puzzles me when they cut two important scenes from the theatrical release. I guess this one will be a coaster as I have to go out and get the PG-13 version. Just be careful to check the packaging so you don't get stuck with this mess.