ARRAY(0xa54a81c8)

Profile for aylarosen > Reviews

Content by aylarosen

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

aylarosen (Toronto, Canada)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling (Musical Episode)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling (Musical Episode)
Price: CDN$ 18.83
13 used & new from CDN$ 7.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Once More, With Feeling = Definitely Worth It, Dec 23 2002
I must say, this is probably one of the items in my Buffy collection I treasure the most. I LOVED the episode, and I was ultimately stoked when I discovered there was going to be a soundtrack. Naturally, I snapped it up the first day it arrived in stores. ;) It's a must-buy for any Buffy fan. Even if you're not a Buffy fan, any musical-lover will love this. I even find my college roommate humming a couple of tunes from it once in awhile, which she always denies - even she likes it, and sadly, I can't get her to understand the joys of the Buffyverse. *sigh* Anyway. Back to the review.
The fact that Joss Whedon was not credited with an Emmy nomination for this work is an insult. Of course, the Emmy people said they fixed it, blah blah, but whatever. The fact that he wrote all of the songs make it even more special. The man is definitely multi-talented - he even lends a bit of his voice to the final track.
However, it is the cast's voices that shine on this cd. Amber Benson and James Marsters in particular were gifted with fabulous, amazing PIPES. They make me wish Amber had a cd and I got to go a Ghost of the Robot concert once in awhile. Sarah Michelle Gellar and Anthony Stewart Head also give notable performances, and the rest of the cast isn't half-bad, either. The best song is probably "Walk Through the Fire", which includes all of the cast, plus Broadway alumni Hinton Battle.
The disc also includes some extra instrumentals, such as the tracks "Sacrifice" from "The Gift" - which always makes me cry - and the excellent suites from Emmy award-nominated "Hush" and season four finale "Restless".
All in all, it's a fabulous compilation. Five out of five stars, all the way.
-- ayla