Profile for ken evans > Reviews

Content by ken evans

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

ken evans (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada)

Anno Dracula: Dracula Cha Cha Cha
Anno Dracula: Dracula Cha Cha Cha
by Kim Newman
Price: CDN$ 12.96
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Dracula has the Moves, Feb. 13 2013
This is the third of the Anno Dracula books from Kim Newman. Maybe because it has been so long since Bloody Red Baron that I found this one hard to get into, or maybe it is because I enjoy Victorian and Edwardian England as settings for the previous stories more than 1950's Italy. In any case, Kim Newman is still a great storyteller, and keeps the plot moving ahead.

Automatic for the People
Automatic for the People
Price: CDN$ 9.40
114 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Automatic for Everyone, Feb. 13 2013
This is my favorite REM album, so I was happy to replace the copy that had been stolen from my car. Still fresh and exciting, and eminently playable.

Sherlock: The Complete First Season
Sherlock: The Complete First Season
DVD ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Price: CDN$ 24.99
27 used & new from CDN$ 21.38

5.0 out of 5 stars No Mystery Here, Feb. 13 2013
This is one of my favorite tv shows, and I was very pleased to receive it and rewatch it. Just as good as season 2. I am glad they are only producing 3 episodes per season, and keeping up the quality.

Caesar's Women
Caesar's Women
by Colleen (1937-) McCullough
13 used & new from CDN$ 0.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was looking for, Feb. 13 2013
This review is from: Caesar's Women (Hardcover)
I can't really complain. The service I received was top notch and the book came as advertised. I was slightly disappointed to see that it was a book club edition of the hardcover and not an original from Morrow, but it is still better than the paperback that I had until now. I will probably still look for a hardcover to match the other 5 in the series, but the price and service were very good.

Mysteries of the Diogenes Club
Mysteries of the Diogenes Club
by Kim Newman
Price: CDN$ 12.96
34 used & new from CDN$ 8.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Sherlock, Jan. 27 2012
Though the stories are entertaining and of course well written (I'm a fan of Kim Newman), I was slightly disappointed since I bought the book hoping for some Sherlock Holmes related themes. Mycroft is mentioned in passing in several of the stories but none of them fall under the category of mystery, to me anyway. The tales are more science fiction or fantasy than anything else. If you are looking for some slightly off-beat fantasy with references to famous fictional characters, both literary and from cinema, then this is the book for you. Enjoy.

The Five
The Five
by Robert McCammon
13 used & new from CDN$ 1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The Five gets 4 STARS, July 29 2011
This review is from: The Five (Hardcover)
Once again Robert McCammon has crafted a well written page turning book. After a ten year absence from publishing, he came back with two incredible historical novels: Speaks the Nightbird & The Queen of Bedlam. This time he has written an exciting suspense novel that was again hard to put down. One of his best.