Profile for Matthew Williams > Reviews

Content by Matthew Williams

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Matthew Williams (Lamar,CO)

Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm
Microscopic View Of A Telescopic Realm
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 16.76
11 used & new from CDN$ 16.76

4.0 out of 5 stars The best heavy metal CD I've ever heard yet!, Oct. 24 2000
I first heard this CD at a friend's house and didn't know Tourniquet was Christian. I was a little skeptical at first because of all the screaming, but I got used to it and bought it a couple of weeks ago. THIS IS THE SWEETEST CD EVER. I really enjoy it. If you like rock or heavy metal, you should get it. OK, so they scream alot and endlessly bang out chords (the first two songs drone on for seven minutes) but so what? Kirkpatrick is a superb drummer and Guerra really belts out that guitar. And Easter has a really diverse voice that can be raucous or can be almost harmonious. Frankly, I've not had alot to really listen to seeing how much of Chrsitian rock well...just isn't the vibrant stuff I loved from the 80's and early 90's such as Petra or White Heart. This band as well as P.O.D. makes up for all of it! I especially love the songs like SERVANT OF THE BONES, ERRATIC PALPITATIONS, and 90% of the rest. THIS IS A GREAT CD, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (Special Edition)
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (Special Edition)
VHS
12 used & new from CDN$ 12.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Even though I like "Jedi" better, this is still masterpiece., July 7 2000
What do you say about a Star Wars film? This a part of the trilogy and so it is one of my favorite movies ever. Like A NEW HOPE, this one is not as great as RETURN OF THE JEDI, but it has a lot of wonderful effects and a great plot, no matter how many times you watch it. The Hoth portion of the movie always keeps me in suspense and is definitely a great opening. The parts with Yoda are cool and interesting, but the movie doesn't really get better until everyone ends up on Bespin (the cloud city) and Luke fights with Vader. Their saber fight is really intense and is one the best parts of all STAR WARS. Whether original or Special Edition (I've seen them both) this film is phenomenal!

Off The Deep End
Off The Deep End
11 used & new from CDN$ 4.29

4.0 out of 5 stars A gut-buster of a CD!, July 7 2000
This review is from: Off The Deep End (Audio CD)
I rated it at 4 stars because that silly polka really makes you impatient to hear the other songs. All I want to say about this album is that IT IS FUNNY! Songs like "Trigger Happy", "I Was Only Kidding," "When I Was Your Age" and "You Don't Love Me Anymore" will have you literally rollling with laughter! I especially love I WAS ONLY KIDDING and YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE, more songs about Al's pathetic love life. It would be real funny to actually see the fight during the musical of I WAS ONLY KIDDING. "The Plumber Song" is a catchy tune, but not real funny. I don't own this Cd personally 'cause I don't care for some the stuff on it, but YOU SHOULD KNOW it is the FUNNIEST WEIRD AL CD EVER!

In 3-D
In 3-D
6 used & new from CDN$ 11.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his funniest, but not all that bad, July 7 2000
This review is from: In 3-D (Audio CD)
This is not Weird Al's funniest CD, but for some reason, Istill like it alot. There was a time I listened to at least 70% of itevery day! . I think I like this CD mainly because of the music, not really alot of Weird Al's lyric. "Eat It" is not as funny as everyone says, but its got a good beat! I love "Midnight Star" both for its music and lyrics, me and my friend always marvel at the line..."they're keeping Hitler's brain alive inside a jar" As for the other songs they are decent but only a few are worth mentioning. "That Boy Could Dance" is amusing with a good beat and the parody "Theme from Rocky VII" is a better; I always disliked the original song! "Nature Trail To Hell" is really messed up but shamefully funny!(I usually don't laugh at gory details!). All in all this is a good CD, but there is better from Weird Al. Purchase this album after you've heard his newer ones.

Bad Hair Day
Bad Hair Day
9 used & new from CDN$ 4.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a funny album by Weird Al, July 7 2000
This review is from: Bad Hair Day (Audio CD)
Don't misjudge me, I'm not a big Weird Al fan, but after hearing my friend's cache of Weird Al CDs, I've come to like 80% of his music. I HATE most of his polkas, but alot of his parodys and original songs are side-splitters. This CD is no different, for it has some hilarious songs, parody or original. "Everything You know Is Wrong", "Cavity Search," "Callin' In Sick," are pretty good and always cheer me up. "I Rememeber Larry" is another good one. "Amish Paradise" is kind of funny, but I'm a little hesitant to say its good for he's a little sacriligious and mean in that one. But probably the best song is the last one: "The Night Santa Went Crazy." This is the only Weird Al CD I own and with the exception of "In 3-D" is probably the only one I'll ever end up owning, however I always love listening to "Deep End" or "Dare To Be Stupid" albums!

Snuff The Punk
Snuff The Punk
7 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A very "tight" CD, in other words its COOL!, July 7 2000
This review is from: Snuff The Punk (Audio CD)
This is currently the only other P.O.D. CD available now besides "Southtown", but it definitely shows this band has always been great, even from the beginning. I'm tempted to say its their best album, but its the cover art that's winning me over. No, this is definitely an equal to "Southtown." If you liked "Southtown". this is the next CD to buy; IT IS GREAT! Now I can't wait for "Brown" to be released in August!

Fundamental Elements of . . .
Fundamental Elements of . . .
Offered by Business Surplus Depot
Price: CDN$ 7.92
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Definitely one of the hippest bands in Christian music!, July 7 2000
My friend bought this CD months ago, and I heard their stuff a few days later. P.O.D. really rocks! I normally didn't listen to this kind of music, but I'll make an exception for this group 'cause they are tight! I love "Hollywood", "Southtown" and "Rock the Party." "Bullet the blue Sky" is also a pretty cool song. I have this CD as well as P.O.D.'s new rerelease SNUFF THE PUNK. Both are so great! If you love hardcore music or are tired of all of Christian rock's so-called "rock" bands, P.O.D. is definitely a breath of fresh air! Please ignore the other reviews that say they are bad; they are WONDERFUL!