Profile for sedgewick > Reviews

Content by sedgewick

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

sedgewick

Condor Tool & Knife Bushlore 4.375-Inch Drop Point Blade, Walnut Handle with Leather Sheath, Plain
Offered by Off Kilter Sports
Price: CDN$ 61.36
4 used & new from CDN$ 58.28

5.0 out of 5 stars They've come a long way., Aug. 15 2013
A couple of years ago the reviews for these knives was OK , but the quality control left a bit to be desired. I took my knife out of the box - I stropped it on a leather to finish the edge - i use a 320 grit sandpaper to lightly smooth the handle - I applied several coats of Dark Walnut Minwax - put some waterproof oil on the sheath ,and made a paracord lanyard - DONE. The knife is beautiful with 10 minutes work to it.
You will do hard to get a better made sheath with a full custom handmade knife. The value is frankly unbelieivable . I paid less then $41 taxes in. Get yours before someone at Condor realises their price is too low.
Blade is 1095 carbon steel so it takes a little care - but anyone who knows knives will tell you that you do not want a stainless steel blade.

I Claudius/The Epic That Never Was
I Claudius/The Epic That Never Was
DVD ~ Derek Jacobi
3 used & new from CDN$ 59.15

5.0 out of 5 stars A must see dvd set., April 21 2011
In my opinion this series is a superb example of a relatively low budget production that is wonderfully written and acted. This series is chock full of British actors of the highest quality both at the time it was first aired ( 1976 )and ones that have since become well known names.
This set is well produced both in picture and in sound although the original airing was never HD quality this is still very good ( again taking into account it was a bit of a low budget affair ).

I recommend 100%.