Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage Personal Care Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Music Deals Store Fall Tools
Profile for Gwenyth Love > Reviews

Content by Gwenyth Love

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Gwenyth Love (Toronto, ON, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Smart Weigh Digital Pro Pocket Scale with Back-Lit LCD Display, Tare, Hold and PCS Features 500 x 0.01g (2 Lids Included)
Offered by CrestView
Price: CDN$ 24.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and as sensitive as I needed for ..., Aug. 19 2015
Shipped very quickly. Easy to use and as sensitive as I needed for my dye powder measurements. Perfect! Will buy again.

Excellante 13-Quart Stainless Steel Colander
Excellante 13-Quart Stainless Steel Colander
Price: CDN$ 23.59
4 used & new from CDN$ 23.59

4.0 out of 5 stars The item arrived quickly. It exactly the size I ..., Aug. 19 2015
The item arrived quickly. It exactly the size I needed, very large! It is thinner than I expected and sometimes holds the water at the bottom due to it's flatness so doesn't always drain well, but it's working for my needs right now.

Droppers - Plastic (pipettes)- Set of 12
Droppers - Plastic (pipettes)- Set of 12
Offered by Karter Scientific CA
Price: CDN$ 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars They were in perfect shape and work exactly as intended, Aug. 19 2015
Arrived very quickly. They were in perfect shape and work exactly as intended. They are good quality and I am able to reuse them over and over. I will be buying more in the future.

OtterBox Defender Series Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3-Retail Packaging-Black
OtterBox Defender Series Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 3-Retail Packaging-Black
Price: CDN$ 46.24
9 used & new from CDN$ 42.90

5.0 out of 5 stars I have had this case for well over a year ..., June 15 2015
I have had this case for well over a year and it has kept my phone safe and sound. I will definitely by an OtterBox Case for my next phone.

Stanwood Needlecraft Large Metal Yarn/Fiber/Wool/String Ball Winder, 10-Ounce
Stanwood Needlecraft Large Metal Yarn/Fiber/Wool/String Ball Winder, 10-Ounce
Price: CDN$ 96.48
4 used & new from CDN$ 96.48

5.0 out of 5 stars The Perfect Yarn Caking Tool, June 15 2015
Easy to set up and works like a charm. Well worth the price. Works much better thank me little Knit Picks one. This makes a much more consistent and tight yarn cake. It even seems to make caking the skeins much faster and smoother. As I will be using this for business I am quite pleasantly surprised with how wonderful it is.

Heel Zeel 100T 100 Tablets
Heel Zeel 100T 100 Tablets
Offered by Vitamin Guys
Price: CDN$ 16.79
12 used & new from CDN$ 16.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived quicker than I expected. We were told about ..., March 5 2015
Arrived quicker than I expected. We were told about this product by other dog owners with arthritis and hip dysplasia issues. We are using it for our 6 year old female German Shepherd recently diagnosed with hip dysplasia to replace the Deramaxx she has been taking because we are worried about the effects of long term use. So far the Heel Zeel has been doing just as well as the Deramaxx.

It Starts with Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways
by Melissa Hartwig
13 used & new from CDN$ 26.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, June 30 2014
Great book and great program. I lost 10 pounds in the first two weeks!

Vampire Academy / Vampire Academie [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Vampire Academy / Vampire Academie [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Zoey Deutch
Price: CDN$ 9.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 6.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, June 30 2014
Pretty cheesy. Not a fan of the casting.

How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight)
How Beauty Met the Beast (Tales of the Underlight)
Price: CDN$ 2.42

4.0 out of 5 stars How Beauty Met the Beast, Feb. 7 2013
This is one quick and steamy novel of awesomeness! I have always been a huge fan of the whole Beauty and the Beast theme, and Jax Garren doesn't destroy my faith in the story type at all. in fact, I have the urge to rush out and re-read all BatB novels right this minute!

/breathes

There is so much to love in this novel, and not a lot to not like. I think one of my favorite things is the main character Jolie (don't get me wrong, I love Haul too). But Jolie is special for many reasons, one of which is that she has Celiac Disease. As someone who has a serious gluten sensitivity herself I just felt an instant connection with her. Add this to the fact that she is a dancer/aerial performer...wow...just an amazing and well rounded character. I absolutely adore her. You will understand when, not if, you read this book.

The Pros:
Steamy scenes where you hold your breath in anticipation of the excitement to come
A firm grasp in weaving in tension without killing the reader with it
Absolutely wonderfully stable characters you cannot help to love...every single one of them
A main character who has celiac disease...love the added depth of this
A fabulous and realistic underground steampunky community
Piercings, tattoos, steampunk, burlesque, magic and mystery...oh my!

The Cons:
The fight scenes, especially at the end, move very quickly and don't flow well.

This is a really well written steamy book that mixes action, romance, great characters, and so much more into a VERY enjoyable product. I suggest you read this now if you don't mind a little blushing as you read...

Brightest Kind of Darkness
Brightest Kind of Darkness
by P. T. Michelle
Price: CDN$ 17.19
8 used & new from CDN$ 17.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle, Sept. 28 2012
I was impressed by the professional quality of this self-published title. I tend to get a little nervous and second guess myself when I accept to read and review a self-published e-book, but this one was a pleasant surprise.

Brightest Kind of Darkness kind of reminds me a little of a toned down Final Destination with better characters and a much better romance building sub-plot. It also has a wonderful mixture of story-telling, character building, and humor.

"He didn't seem to want to interact with the people around him, yet he'd taken the time to talk to me, not just at school, but here too. The realization made me feel both sad and a bit special. Well, so long as he didn't think of me like a pet."

The pacing in the story was perfect. I enjoyed moving from the dream world to the real world and back and forth through the visions, and the author never made me feel lost during these transitions. I was also happy that the author didn't use the same cop-out a lot of writers use when a misunderstanding occurs and one of the main characters immediately does a complete 360 and no longer believes in the characteristics of the second character that made them fall for them in the first place. In the passage below, even though Nara is hurt and upset by something that has happened, she can immediately tell that Ethan didn't do anything on purpose to hurt her. she still feels the pain, but she is smart enough to realize it wasn't intentional and doesn't immediately flip-flop on her position regarding Ethan and now think he is a bad guy.

"Ethan's face didn't reflect triumph. It held intrigued interest; a desire for my understanding. My initial anger settled, even though I still felt a part of me was missing."

I was very intrigued by a lot of topics introduced in the story, the crows/ravens, the feathers, Nara's father, the radio, Nara's grandmother, Ethan's nightmares and connection with Nara... unfortunately, I felt like not enough of these things were explained enough to my satisfaction by the end of the book. I realize that as it is the first book in the series, some mystery has to remain, but I was left feeling like way too much was left open and I honestly felt a little lost.

My exact reaction upon finishing reading Brightest Kind of Darkness was this:

"Really? That's where you are going to go ahead and end it? /grumble grumble"

But overall Brightest Kind of Darkness was a very enjoyable read, and I definitely will be reading book 2, Lucid, as soon as I can get my hands on it. I really hope more is explained soon...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4