Profile for Rebecca > Reviews

Content by Rebecca

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Rebecca "booklover" (Elliot lake, Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
T-Shirt Folder Folding Board
T-Shirt Folder Folding Board
Offered by Merchandise24/7
Price: CDN$ 22.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 12.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 20 2016
Makes folding T shirts easy and so they take up less space.

Elegant Comfort Ultra Super Soft Fleece Plush Luxury Blanket All Sizes King/CAL King Lilac
Price: CDN$ 39.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and big, July 20 2016
So soft and warm, nice and big, and the colour is gorgeous.

niceeshop(TM) Fashion Vintage New Shoulder Bags Hobo UK Crown PU Leather Handbag Women's Messenger Bag Lady's Tote Bags-Beige

4.0 out of 5 stars The zipper isn't the best but the purse is great, July 20 2016
The zipper isn't the best but the purse is great. so much so that my mom stole it from me.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Exynos 7 Octa Qxga Super AMOLED Android 5.0 32GB Tablet - Champagne Beige
Offered by Total Tech Outlet
Price: CDN$ 630.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 379.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Never got it, July 20 2016
Never got my item, thank goodness for Amazon.

FACILLA® Black White Pet Dog Automatic Retractable Leash Lead 4.5M
FACILLA® Black White Pet Dog Automatic Retractable Leash Lead 4.5M
Offered by toppanier CA
Price: CDN$ 6.73
3 used & new from CDN$ 6.73

1.0 out of 5 stars If you want your dog safe, don't buy, May 6 2016
This is one of the worse leashes I have ever used. It rarely retracts the way it should, instead getting stuck in the casing of the leash. won't lock. Piece of junk. DO NOT BUY!

AGPtek®Visible LED Light Micro USB Charging Data Sync Cable for HTC Samsung Galaxy S3 S4 S5 Android Phone and Tablet- 7 Changing Colors
Offered by Brainydeal-FBA
Price: CDN$ 9.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, Feb. 22 2016
Will not stay plugged into device when I pick it up. Lousy product.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, May 7 2014
I bought this because my small dog has a tendency to ram around to the point where she sprains her ankle. Her vet says that I have to keep her quite, impossible without crating her and I hate to crate her for hours for up to 2 weeks. this gives her the confined space she needs to help her ankle heal but enough space so she can move around.

I was able to fit her water bowl, her dog bed, and a few of her favourite toys. She is a small dog, 15lbs but it is big enough for a larger breed.

If your dog is prone to getting hurt and needs recouping time I suggest you get a playpen. I would also recommend this for a puppy to keep him or her confined but free to play.

I've already left a positive review for the seller but I'd like to put it here too. I ordered the item on a friday and received it Monday afternoon. The playpen was new and was exactly what was described.

Twilight's Dawn: A Black Jewels Book
Twilight's Dawn: A Black Jewels Book
by Anne Bishop
Price: CDN$ 32.50
37 used & new from CDN$ 1.28

1.0 out of 5 stars What the heck happened?, March 2 2011
Although not the biggest fan of this series, I have read an enjoyed the series. Black Jewels is a dark fantasy with a strong romance sub story. I liked the world building of these books and the rules.

Unfortunately all that is ruined in Twilight's Dawn. Namely in the third novalla High Lord's Daughter which ruins the entire series for me.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS!

I'll only hit the major points

Jaenelle dies and orders Daemon to love again.

Daemon, despite his aversion to women touching him becomes man tramp and sleeps with every woman he can get his hands on.

Saetan dies about 20 years after Jaenelle.

Due to the above reason Daemon sleeps with Surreal.

Surreal gets pregnant and they have a daughter named Jaenelle Saetian (hey Ms. Bishop Stephenie Meyer and JK Rowling want their title for worst names for character's kids title back)

Apparently Surreal is Daemon's One True love. He only thought it was Jaenelle because she was Witch. Or something.

I read somewhere that Anne Bishop posted a comment something to the effect she had to write write what the characters told her to write....So they told her to totally ruin her own world building? Really? It also makes me remember something that Julia Quinn once wrote about the subject of characters ruling the story. Her character know who's in charge!

I think seeing what she dose to her own characters I won't be reading any more of her books.

What A Dragon Should Know
What A Dragon Should Know
by G.A. Aiken
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, June 1 2010
While I will say these books are not for everyone, if you want a book that will make you laugh out loud this is the book for you. I do warn that the book has some fairly raunchy humor to it, but it's not distasteful as some.
I've tried other books from the author and while I like the dragon series, I've never liked her other books.
And while funny enough to make you laugh even after you've read it a few times, there are a few moments that make it touching as well. I actually teared up a few times while reading about Annwyl.

Although not necessary to read the books in order but it would help give some backstory on some of the other characters.

Vampire Mistress
Vampire Mistress
by Joey W. Hill
Price: CDN$ 17.82
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible, June 1 2010
This review is from: Vampire Mistress (Paperback)
They say that the definition of insanity of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Well color me insane. I keep buying (or in this case borrowed from a friend) the latest offering from Ms Hill.

I've always appreciated they way Ms Hill's portrayed the alternate lifestyle. Although not really realistic, I understand that this is fiction and appreciate how healthy the relationships are in comparison to most books of this genre.

Knowing that this is a strange world she's set her characters in I try not to judge them from my own moral standpoint. I liked the first book in the Vampire Queen series, the second...not so much, the third, eh, it was OK, but the last one Beloved Vampire was horrific. And this one was similar.

Without going into too much detail I'd just like to say Ms Hill has obviously never, ever seen the repercussions of rape, because if she did she would never write her stories like she has. It takes years, not minuets, not hours, not days or weeks to get over it, years. And the solution to rape is not to get into another sexual relationship right off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3