Profile for Janine R. Hannis > Reviews

Content by Janine R. Hannis

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Janine R. Hannis (Victoria, British Columbia Canada)

365 Days of Islands 2013 Wall Calendar
365 Days of Islands 2013 Wall Calendar
by Workman Publishing
Edition: Calendar
Price: CDN$ 12.79
5 used & new from CDN$ 12.79

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous dream calendar!, April 4 2013
As usual, the 365 Days type calendars are visually stunning. I love all the pictures, the extra information and the size. I have had the one on Italy and Spain and am really enjoying this one on Islands. I hope they do this for more countries!

The Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health and Happiness
The Primal Connection: Follow Your Genetic Blueprint to Health and Happiness
by Mark Sisson
Price: CDN$ 20.03
41 used & new from CDN$ 17.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fanastic book from Mark Sisson, Feb. 20 2013
I love this book because it's not just about a primal or paleo diet (that topic is covered thoroughly in his other books) but this one is about lifestyle. I love the section on sunlight in particular...how in our paranoid current society we are afraid of the sun and how rickets are making a return because of people being afraid to get sunlight! this book is life-affirming, and great ideas on how to be the happiest, healthiest self in every sense from getting enough sunshine to getting quality sleep and really taking care of your body and mind. A must-read for any primal/paleo enthusiast and a must-read for anyone wanting a better quality of life.

The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy
by Mark Sisson
Price: CDN$ 17.87
35 used & new from CDN$ 5.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, easy to read, easy to follow, Oct. 8 2010
I love this book. I own this, as well as the Primal Blueprint Cookbook and I have to say it has changed my life. No more trying to kill yourself with "chronic cardio", and overloading on carbs: do what makes sense for the body and it will reward you with fantastic health. And, not just weight loss, but improved gastic issues, improved skin, boundless energy...it all comes together when you start following the principles as laid out in the Primal Blueprint. Go buy this book today and change your life :-)