Profile for Adam > Reviews

Content by Adam

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Adam

Gerber 22-41534 Hinderer Rescue Knife with Serrated Edge and Sheath
Gerber 22-41534 Hinderer Rescue Knife with Serrated Edge and Sheath
Price: CDN$ 83.66
9 used & new from CDN$ 70.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good knife., Jan. 31 2012
As a Paramedic, I can tell you that the Gerber Hinderer Rescue knife is the best knife of it's kind. It is very sturdy and easy to handle. It is obvious that it was designed with the input of ACTUAL rescue workers (firefighters and paramedics). The most handy feature which I frequently use is the oxygen tank wrench. I never need to worry about fiddling with the useless plastic ones which are tied onto the regulators. The seat belt/clothes cutter is great as well and works as expected. I have seen and used several other rescue knives which have the basic features such as the window punch and seat belt cutter but I have never seen one with nearly the quality gerber has put into this knife. The oxygen wrench is also unique to this knife and very useful. I also like the dull tip on the knife itself. Safer for yourself and your patients. It's a tool, not a weapon. I haven't come across any situation where I wished the knife tip was sharp.

The screw driver tool kit comes with a wrench which can be used with the bits but the piece required to attach the bits to the wrench is the WRONG SIZE which makes the wrench useless. You can still use the bits with another wrench. The pictures I have seen on Amazon, Gerber, and other websites all have the correct size bit but I still got the wrong one. I don't know if that is the fault of Amazon, Gerber, or someone else.

My other dislike is the price I paid for it on Amazon. I have since found it cheaper from other sources. It is a very good knife and you should expect to pay good money for it. I paid $140 for it on Amazon but would recommend you NOT pay more then $100. I wonder why the Gerber Hinderer Combat knife which is almost identical is half the price? If you don't mind having a sharp blade tip, consider that knife instead.

Community: The Complete Second Season
Community: The Complete Second Season
DVD ~ Joel McHale
Price: CDN$ 16.98
33 used & new from CDN$ 14.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect. Best show ever., Jan. 31 2012
DVD's are perfect and shipping was earlier then expected. No problems at all. Being the most recent season on DVD it was quite a bit more expensive then the first season but still well worth it. Community is awesome.

911 Responding for Life: Case studies in Emergency Care
911 Responding for Life: Case studies in Emergency Care
by James Whittle
19 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but worth it, March 28 2011
This book is perfect for paramedic students looking for scenarios and exam type questions. It explains the rational behind every question and explains it fully. I am a Paramedic student in Ontario and can say that the questioning style is very similar to the EMCA (Ontario Paramedic Exam). Although quite expensive for its size, it is definitely worth it.