Profile for Tania > Reviews

Content by Tania

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tania (ONTARIO ,CANADA)

Children Are From Heaven
Children Are From Heaven
by John Gray
Price: CDN$ 12.27
93 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars boring boring boring, April 3 2003
I started to read this book and it lost my interest quick! I read the first 38 pages and never picked it up again. My friends agreed that its very repetitive & boring.
There is many excellent parenting books out there, don't waist your valuable time on this one.

Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child
Raising An Emotionally Intelligent Child
by John Gottman Ph.D.
Price: CDN$ 12.27
45 used & new from CDN$ 3.20

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!!, March 18 2003
Another great parenting book to add to my list. This book was a great parent evaluator. Every parent "needs" to be an emotion coach.
A must for every parent! You'll have no regrets.

Kids Parents And Power Struggles
Kids Parents And Power Struggles
by Mary S Kurcinka
Price: CDN$ 12.26
99 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, Feb. 24 2003
This was a very well written book. There is no mumble jumble to this book. Well informative and enjoyable. I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to become a better parent.
I find it so important to let go of the old style of parenting and concentrate on the way a child should be treated without punishment (but of course with the proper form of disipline), critisim, belittling, and of course without spanking.
A child is a human being and should be treated as such. He/she is an equal in your family. When you've read some great books such as this one you will learn and appreciate the proper way a child should be parented and taught. And these NEW parenting techniques REALLY DO work.
Put yourself to the test and everyone will benefit form what you get out of it.
I also recommend Kids are worth it(Barbara Coloroso), How to talk so kids will listen & listen so kids will talk(Faber& Mazlish), How to raise an emotionally intelligent kid (John Gottman) and The 7 habits of a highly effective family (Stephen Covey)
Enjoy!

Kids Are Worth It! Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline
Kids Are Worth It! Giving Your Child the Gift of Inner Discipline
by Barbara Coloroso
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars anything from Barbara is excellent, Feb. 13 2003
GREAT, GREAT, GREAT book. Barbara is my favorite author. I even saw her speak at a charity event when she was in our city and she is the best one to follow for the PROPER way to parent. Being that she is a teacher and counsellor she has dealt with all kinds.
Barbara also wrote The Bully the Bullied and the Bystander. Another excellent book. She really respects the voice of a child. Read them both you won't reget it. I only wish every parent & teacher had a copy. The world would be a better enviroment for our precious children.
Our children need this kind of nourishment and yes KIDS ARE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
How To Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
by A Faber
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars the best one yet, Feb. 4 2003
What a truly wonderful book. It's an oldy but a goody. This bood kept me interested to the point that when I did get the chance to sit and read I didn't want to stop. These authors are very much in tune with the way children work (how they tick). I love the way that they used little cartunes to get a point accross.
A must for every parent and/or teacher. Your children will thank you.