Profile for Mohan > Reviews

Content by Mohan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mohan

Monster Hunter Illustrations
Monster Hunter Illustrations
by Capcom U S A Inc
Price: CDN$ 26.30
14 used & new from CDN$ 26.30

5.0 out of 5 stars killer, Sept. 8 2011
The artwork in this book is beautiful.

I've never played Monster Hunter, but I was interested in the series and took a gamble on the art book. Based on what I had seen from the game and Capcom's history with fine illustrative work, I was sure it would pay off. Going in with already high expectations, I was actually blown away by the content when I finally got it. Both in quality AND quantity.

Visually impressive and diverse, the concepts of design and the world view inherent to every image also need to be appreciated. The scope of this project is given it's dues. In many ways, the artwork stands alone as a greater representative of what the game attempts to convey. As a MH outsider, maybe that idea is bias. Even if it is, it is not unwarranted. If anything, fans of the game should appreciate it even more than I do.

Comprehensive design archives such as this need wider release. There are so many titles that still haven't been given this level of service if any at all. Thank you so much Udon for bringing these books our way. And of course, Capcom, for getting them published in the first place.