Profile for leh75 > Reviews

Content by leh75

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"leh75" (Evanston, IL United States)

Sineater
Sineater
15 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Original and Chilling Horror Novel, Aug. 14 2001
This review is from: Sineater (Mass Market Paperback)
Sineater is truly one of the best horror novels I have ever read. Sineater stands apart from many other novels in the horror genre for two reasons: it is extremely well written and original and the story is based on reality instead of the supernatural. Sineater is based on the traditions of an ancient religious culture set in the back woods of Virginia. The Sineater is a man who is shunned by society because he eats the sin of people who have died in order to free their souls for heaven. Unlike other horror novels that are based on the supernatural (vampires, ghosts, etc.) the sineater is a human, a man with a wife and children. This story is truly fascinating. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an original horror novel.

Eternity
Eternity
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars More Fantasy and Mystery than Horror, July 23 2001
This review is from: Eternity (Mass Market Paperback)
Tamara Thorne is turning out to be one of my favorite writers. I was surprised when I read Eternity because her previous two books, Haunted and Moonfall, were tradiitonal horror novels. Eternity, on the other hand, is more like half fantasy, half mystery. Still, like her other books, Eternity was fast paced and well written. The main characters were engaging and the residents in the town of Eternity itself were quite entertaining. All in all, Eternity is a great book - just not a horror book.

Haunted
Haunted
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of The Best Horror Books I've Ever Read, May 8 2001
This review is from: Haunted (Mass Market Paperback)
I am an avid horror reader and I can say with honesty that this is one of the best horror novels I've ever read. It takes a lot to scare me and I was SCARED reading this book. The description of the cold spots and the lavender and jasmine smells in the house made me feel like I was living there and made me look over my shoulder. I also loved the relationship between Amber and her father. I had never heard of Tamara Thorner before and Amazon.com recommended this book to me. If you love horror, especially women horror novelists, you have to buy this book. You will not be dissappointed.

Moonfall
Moonfall
11 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Follow Up to Haunted, May 8 2001
This review is from: Moonfall (Mass Market Paperback)
The first book I read by Tamara Thorne was Haunted and I loved it! I was also impressed with her second book, Moonfall. Although Moonfall was not as scary as Haunted and the story is not original, it was still well put together and suspensful. Also, the dialogue between the kids in this book was so funny and realistic that often times I read the book with a grin on my face. The pace in this book is good. You get enough background on each character but not too much that it slows down the story. I have not been dissapointed by Tamara Thorne so far and I'm looking forward to reading her next book, Eternity.