Profile for Tina of the North > Reviews

Content by Tina of the North

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tina of the North (Calgary, AB CAN)

Keturah and Lord Death
Keturah and Lord Death
by Martine Leavitt
Price: CDN$ 11.66
16 used & new from CDN$ 3.62

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully woven tale..., Sept. 26 2008
This review is from: Keturah and Lord Death (Paperback)
Story revolves around a young girl with a talent for storytelling, who strikes a bargain with death. Basically it's like what the back of the book says. I bought this book and got exactly what I was expecting; a light read and engrossing story with minor some twists and turns. There were times where I wanted to strangle secondary characters, but overall it's a lovely tale. I highly recommend this book if you're a fan of fairy tales and the concept of 'true love'. Not strictly for young adult readers, although the lack of depth might bother some more mature readers. It's one of those books you read to find out the ending and how everything plays out.

Sabriel (Adult)
Sabriel (Adult)
by Garth Nix
23 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Gripping Tale, Aug. 13 2007
This review is from: Sabriel (Adult) (Paperback)
An amazing book that kept me in continual suspense. It's a great read for those who like a little (and I do mean very little) bit of romance mixed in with a lot of adventure and fantasy. It felt like I was playing a RPG game so all in all it is a book I'd suggest to anyone and everyone. It's worth trying out.

Eclipse
Eclipse
by Stephenie Meyer
Price: CDN$ 15.87
204 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..., Aug. 13 2007
This review is from: Eclipse (Hardcover)
The third book in this series by Stephenie Meyer was absolutely wonderful. Meyer shows true talent by weaving humour, romance, suspense and a little bit of teen angst through-out the story. I personally think that Eclipse is as good as Twilight if not better because of the plot that continuely makes the reader want to read more (but I guess most reader of Meyer's book expect that already). I found that this book had me laughing at a lot more compared to the other books and that story seem to move in a more constant flow than New Moon because both Edward and Jacob in the entire story and equally affect Bella. I can't wait for the next book because the end just left me with so many questions about what could happen next. A must read if you loved the first book.