Profile for Chris Elston > Reviews

Content by Chris Elston

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Chris Elston (Mill Creek, WA USA)

Independent Feature Film Production: A Complete Guide from Concept Through Distribution
by Gregory Goodell
Price: CDN$ 17.33
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A complete guide is right!, May 12 2002
If you are planning to shoot your own movie or start your own independent production company then you've got to read this book. This is the most comprehensive guide I've come across and believe me I've searched!

M!ssundaztood
M!ssundaztood
Price: CDN$ 7.67
64 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't a Pink fan until Missundaztood, May 12 2002
This review is from: M!ssundaztood (Audio CD)
OK, so I thought she was hot in that video she did for Moulin Rouge, but I wasn't a huge fan of her music until I listened to songs like My Vietnam, Just Like A Pill, 18 Wheeler, and of course the title track Missundaztood. This is one of those CD's that you put in, hit play, and never skip forward. By now, most of us are familiar with songs like Don't Let Me Get Me and Get The Party Started, but the other songs on this album like Family Portrait, Dear Diary, and the duet with Steven Tyler called Misery are every bit as intoxicating. Pink has managed to surprise me with her range and this will undoubtedly be remembered as a career cementing album.

Office Space: the Soundtrack
Office Space: the Soundtrack
Price: CDN$ 9.40
29 used & new from CDN$ 1.76

4.0 out of 5 stars A Soundtrack almost as good as the movie, May 12 2002
This is one of my favorite soundtracks, thanks primarilly to Geto Boys' brilliant song Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta. While the album is loaded with good songs like Lisa Stone's 9-5 and Ice Cube's Down For Whatever, Gangsta stands out as the best song on a great album.

Cocky
Cocky
Price: CDN$ 19.72
33 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kid Rock's best when he slows down, May 12 2002
This review is from: Cocky (Audio CD)
Although I love Kid Rock's harder sound, this album explores his quieter side and does it beautifully. While Cowboy is probably my favorite Kid Rock song, Only God Knows Why is a close second. On Cocky, Kid Rock revisits this slowed tempo flavor several times which he only really did once on History with the song Abortion. What I Learned Out On The Road, Lonely Road Of Faith, Picture, Midnight Train To Memphis, and Baby Come Home dabble in this flavor a bit and do it with class. Although the tempo changes drastically at times, it always seems appropriate. I've enjoyed every Kid Rock album and this one tops the list with Devil Without A Cause.

Rock Steady
Rock Steady
Price: CDN$ 7.31
73 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Gwen and the boys keep on rockin' steady!, May 12 2002
This review is from: Rock Steady (Audio CD)
When I put this CD in I have a difficult time taking it out. I hit play and never skip forward. It has an '80's flavor that I don't often revisit and is totally unique when compared to their earlier works, but it is every bit as good if not better.

Place Called Wiregrass
Place Called Wiregrass
by Michael Morris
26 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant first novel by a writer to watch!, April 19 2002
This review is from: Place Called Wiregrass (Paperback)
As a writer, I can't believe this is a first novel. Michael Morris is definately an author to keep an eye on because he obviously knows how to tell a captivating story and create characters that any reader will fall in love with. The characters in this book are real and Michael writes them as if he has known them his whole life. They show strength and integrity developed through adversity and, although they are ficticious, become people that you admire and want to embrace as a friend.
As I read his book, I felt like I was a part of the story. I felt like I was there. I've never physically been to Alabama, but after reading this book I feel like I have.
No matter where you live, A Place Called Wiregrass is a must read!