Profile for A. Peterson > Reviews

Content by A. Peterson

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

A. Peterson

The Joy of Physics
The Joy of Physics
by Arthur W. Wiggins
Price: CDN$ 22.00
31 used & new from CDN$ 8.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Feb. 21 2015
This review is from: The Joy of Physics (Paperback)
My husband kept taking this book out from library for like a year so I just decided to get him his own copy. The book is set up so that you learn the basic principles by doing exercises that help you apply the concepts to real life. My husband is an engineer and he says this book is very straight forward and keeps the topic interesting. It is great for beginners or as a reference for those more familiar with the subject matter.

Thermos SK2000MBTRI4 Stainless King Compact Bottle (Midnight Blue)
Thermos SK2000MBTRI4 Stainless King Compact Bottle (Midnight Blue)
Price: CDN$ 29.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 21.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Thermos, Feb. 21 2015
I love this thermos. There is a reason that it has gotten so many good reviews. It does exactly what it is supposed to and it does it very well. I have filled it up at 8 am and burnt my tongue at 1 pm. It is a great investment. Other reviewers have stated that they had a problem with the lid separating, so far I haven't had any issues.

TETON Sports Celsius Junior for Girls -7C / +20F Flannel Lined Sleeping Bag (167.5 x 66 cm, Brown/Pink, Right Zip)
Price: CDN$ 51.67
3 used & new from CDN$ 51.67

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Sleeping Bag, Feb. 21 2015
My daughter loves this sleeping bag, she used it in her room for a week straight when we got it. Since then it has been out camping several times and I'm very pleased with it. It is well made, nice and warm, the zipper is nice and sturdy and the material is pretty cozy. My only complaint is that the zipper is a little tricky to do up, even for an adult. There is a lot of extra material next to it that gets caught as you zip it up. We've figured out a way to zip it up without it getting caught but at this point my 6 year old can't do it alone. The zipper thing is pretty annoying but I like this sleeping bag enough that I'm willing to work around it. I'll be buying another one for my other daughter.

2 Pack Compatible Canon PG-40 Black Ink Cartridges
2 Pack Compatible Canon PG-40 Black Ink Cartridges
Offered by OCProducts
Price: CDN$ 16.95
3 used & new from CDN$ 16.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, Feb. 21 2015
The print quality from these cartridges is very poor, even after I cleaned the printer. It's fine if you don't have anything important to print but if you need to print reports or anything like that I would steer clear of these. In addition the cartridge ran out really quickly. I was only able to print about 2 dozen pages of print before it was empty. There are other generic brands out there like, Sophia Global, that I have found are far superior. The only reason these got two stars were because they worked with my printer. I will not buy these again.

Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover In The Civil
Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover In The Civil
by Karen Abbott
Price: CDN$ 21.94
32 used & new from CDN$ 19.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and Engaging, Dec 30 2014
This is the first book by Karen Abbott that I've read and I must say I am very impressed. Karen's attention to detail and engaging writing style made this book a very informative and entertaining read. I found the begining a little confusing as the women aren't discussed separately, but rather have their stories interwined. However, once I got a little aquainted with them the story was easy to follow, and by the end of it I felt as though I knew each of the four women discussed. I came to care about them and I was eager to know what happened to them after the war (fortunately Karen details each of their fates in the epilogue). In addition to the wonderful story I found the scale of her research to be staggering. I thought I was only half way through the book until I realized that the last 60 pages are notes and citations on the text. Incredible. I would strongly recommended this book to anyone interested in Civil War history or just wanting a good read. Karen Abbott is my new favorite history writer, in fact I just ordered another one of her book's, "Sin in the Second City" and I can't wait to read it.

The Canadian Living Complete Preserving Book
The Canadian Living Complete Preserving Book
by Canadian Living
Price: CDN$ 21.91
8 used & new from CDN$ 21.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., Jan. 4 2013
A friend of mine was given this book as a birthday present. She in turn lent it to me and from the first page I was hooked. This book has amazing recipes. So far I have made 11 and each one turned out perfectly and tasted wonderful. As far as preserves go that has never happened to me before, so I think they must have tested each recipe until it was fool proof.

The variety of recipes offered in this book is wonderful. Jams and jellies, pickles, sauces, oils, salts, even liquor! If you can preserve it, there is probably a recipe for it in this book. The book also has a really good how to section. It explains the many canning components in great detail and would be great for a beginner or as a reference for a pro. There are also lots of lovely photographs to look at.

In short, buy this book. It is the only preserving book you will ever need.

One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric!
by Patricia Hoskins
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: CDN$ 21.28
35 used & new from CDN$ 10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of great ideas, Jan. 7 2011
This book is great! It has lots of original ideas and cute projects. The pictures are good and the instructions are easy to follow. I would definitely recommend this book to sewers of any skill level. It is also perfect for all those fabric junkies who are looking to use up some of their stash.

The Anger Solution: The Proven Method for Achieving Calm and Developing Healthy, Long-Lasting Relationships
by John Lee
Price: CDN$ 14.44
29 used & new from CDN$ 2.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny, Aug. 9 2010
This book is incredibly insightful. It helped me to view my anger and rage from a completely different perspective. This book has certainly helped me to change my life for the better. It is easy to follow and even easier to apply to daily life. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone struggling with anger issues.