Profile for Hing > Reviews

Content by Hing

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Hing

Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL
Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL
Price: CDN$ 224.98
10 used & new from CDN$ 224.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Only 2 hrs max. cooking time, what a joke!!!, March 9 2012
I did a lot of research about convection oven and I finally decided to get the Breville Smart Convection Toaster Oven BOV800XL because the quality sounds good.

When I started using it, I surprisingly find out that it can not bake, roast, boil, etc. for more than 2 hours! What a joke when some common roasting or baking foods take more than 2 hours to cook, like a 4 lbs roast beef cook to well done (I have small kids and need well done sometimes). Too bad I have never read any product description about the 2 hr. max cooking time, now I need to go through the troublesome return procedure.

Breville should state this cooking restriction clearly to inform customer that if they need to cook more than 2 hrs., they need to manually extend the cooking time themselves. I don't expect myself to stand by with the oven after 2 hrs. just to make it cook longer. It is certainly not a peace of mind cooking tool! Very disappointing......

***Great Amazon Refund service, making me feel confident to purchase from Amazon again for it places customer's satisfaction number 1.